Here we go: The Citadel military college in Charleston has denied a female Muslims hijab.

Muslims should heed the words of Groucho Marx who said that he would not want to be a member of any club that accepts him as member.

If Muslims have the urge of wearing the uniform of a fighting force, let them wear head-to-toe black ger up where hijab is already included. for both males and females.

And if they want to prove that they are REAL Americans, let them eat a good REAL American breakfast of ham and eggs.

Mormons wear their undergarments and Hasids their ear curls and some blacks their dashikis. And you wear a sleeveless undershirt.
Do Jewish men get to wear their ear curls at the Citadel? Do Jewish men who wear the little 'beanie' (I don't know what they call it--sorry) get to wear it at the Citadel? We should probably know that.

Mormons wear their undergarments and Hasids their ear curls and some blacks their dashikis. And you wear a sleeveless undershirt.
Ah, yes...perhaps. But are any of those people pleading for some special dispensation to do so in the face of strict standards that support clearly stated goals of the institution?
This gal is free to make her decision. If she insists that she cannot abide the rules and regulations that govern this particular student body without wearing her head-rag, she'll have to decide which is more important to her. She's so heartbroken, but she appears to be incapable of making the compromise required. Maybe she would be better served finding a different educational institution.
Sure they do. I remember when Sihks wanted to wear their turbans and beards in the Army. They lost, as they should have.

I don't think the girl should get to wear a hijab at the citadel, either.

But neither is she the face of jihad.

Muslims should heed the words of Groucho Marx who said that he would not want to be a member of any club that accepts him as member.

If Muslims have the urge of wearing the uniform of a fighting force, let them wear head-to-toe black ger up where hijab is already included. for both males and females.

And if they want to prove that they are REAL Americans, let them eat a good REAL American breakfast of ham and eggs.
Many American Muslims are far better Americans than you.

First of all I am Canadian. I worked in the States (Akron, Ohio) for six years and during that time I learned to appreciate America far more than your ilk ever could. I traveled in all contagious 48 states and learned far more about America than pseudo patriots like you could ever know. I did humanitarian volunteer work after Hurricane Andrew and the 1993 Mississippi/Missouri floods.

Second, I am an immigrant. When I entered my new country, I realized that the traditions and customs and religion of the old country are something to be proud of PRIVATELY not to be flaunted in an in-your-face offensive manner as I see Muslims do it today. I married a Canadian girl with the blessings of her parents. Name a single Muslim whose parents would give their blessings for their child to marry a non-Muslim.

So, stash your pseudo-American, Pseudo-Republican and pseudo-patriotic nonsense to feed those who care about your views and your misguided opinions.

In other words, FJO is not Canadian and has no idea what makes America or good Americans tick.

Thank you for admitting you are not American and that you have not a clue.

In other words, FJO is not Canadian and has no idea what makes America or good Americans tick.

Thank you for admitting you are not American and that you have not a clue.

In other words JakeStarkey is an idiot with absolutely no hope for recovery, ever. This cancer of humanity would not be able to name of the capital of the state he infests without Google. This fence sitting soft spine human garbage claims political alliance according to the direction of the wind.

Safe bet that he never did a single second of volunteer work. Safe bet that he is an amoral atheist and a back stabber of anyone who is foolish enough to hook up with him. Safe bet that he is a xenophobic, misogynist, racist and phony bully who should be frightened by the monster that he sees in the mirror.

Look art all his posts and prove me wrong if you can.

My posts prove you wrong.

My pastor and the YWCA prove you wrong.

You attack me personally for outing your silliness.

That will never change.

Hey Toots, you know the rules going in. If you don't like them, don't go there.

Simple enough for even a raghead to understand.

First of all I am Canadian. I worked in the States (Akron, Ohio) for six years and during that time I learned to appreciate America far more than your ilk ever could. I traveled in all contagious 48 states and learned far more about America than pseudo patriots like you could ever know. I did humanitarian volunteer work after Hurricane Andrew and the 1993 Mississippi/Missouri floods.

Second, I am an immigrant. When I entered my new country, I realized that the traditions and customs and religion of the old country are something to be proud of PRIVATELY not to be flaunted in an in-your-face offensive manner as I see Muslims do it today. I married a Canadian girl with the blessings of her parents. Name a single Muslim whose parents would give their blessings for their child to marry a non-Muslim.

So, stash your pseudo-American, Pseudo-Republican and pseudo-patriotic nonsense to feed those who care about your views and your misguided opinions.
Just a hint: it's contiguous 48 states, not contagious.

Well, that sure blasted everything else I said all to smithereens.

Well, that sure blasted everything else I said all to smithereens.
Literacy is your friend and lends weight to the credibility of your arguments.

Forum List

Back