Here we go: The Citadel military college in Charleston has denied a female Muslims hijab.

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Family of cadet considers legal action after The Citadel denies request to wear a hijab

CAIR is immediately involved. The Muslim female is "heartbroken" that she cannot attend the rigorous state run military themed school. She wants to wear a jihab. The Citadel has had the same uniform since....well....forever.

The Citadel uniform is this....

images.jpeg

NOT THIS.....

images-1.jpeg

Family of cadet considers legal action after The Citadel denies request to wear a hijab

CAIR is immediately involved. The Muslim female is "heartbroken" that she cannot attend the rigorous state run military themed school. She wants to wear a jihab. The Citadel has had the same uniform since....well....forever.

View attachment 74372

NOT THIS.....

View attachment 74373
I hope the family doesn't sue. We don't need the Supreme Court getting their fingers into this pie, too.
A hijab is culturally important, but so is the uniform to an officer. I don't think she should give up her career over it.

Interesting. The Citadel fought long and hard to keep women out period.

Yes they did. And according to many alumni....the standards and discipline have gone to shit ever since.

And....that first female they let in....quit within days.

View attachment 74372

NOT THIS.....

View attachment 74373
I hope the family doesn't sue. We don't need the Supreme Court getting their fingers into this pie, too.
A hijab is culturally important, but so is the uniform to an officer. I don't think she should give up her career over it.
She should get the boot. Immediately!

You wear the uniform or you hit the road.

CAIR is immediately involved. The Muslim female is "heartbroken" that she cannot attend the rigorous state run military themed school.
Heartbroken. I wonder.
I would be more likely to accept CAIR put her up to it and probably paid her as well.
Because everyone knows next to a pilgrimage to Mecca the most important thing for a Muslim woman is to join a predominantly male U.S. military college who are in the business of fighting Islam on many levels.

Who do these people think they are anyway? Is every nation "their nation" and every law subject to their Koran?

CAIR is immediately involved. The Muslim female is "heartbroken" that she cannot attend the rigorous state run military themed school.
Heartbroken. I wonder.
I would be more likely to accept CAIR put her up to it and probably paid her as well.
Because everyone knows next to a pilgrimage to Mecca the most important thing for a Muslim woman is to join a predominantly male U.S. military college who are in the business of fighting Islam on many levels.

Who do these people think they are anyway? Is every nation "their nation" and every law subject to their Koran?
In light of your questions, why, yes, yes, they do. Just as Christians want all nations to fall and confess Jesus and follow the Bible.

Heartbroken. I wonder.

In light of your questions, why, yes, yes, they do. Just as Christians want all nations to fall and confess Jesus and follow the Bible.
How about we cover that retort of yours another day?

Because I do not believe you believe that yourself. :D And I am out of time.

Yes they did. And according to many alumni....the standards and discipline have gone to shit ever since.

You would not have lasted a day, so stop the sexism please.

Ha. I would have done just fine. The Citadel was our football rival at Furman. Cadets went through some tough days. But college football camp 3-a-days pushed even the best athletes to the brink. As long as you're in decent shape and know how to shut up, follow rules and do your job...you'd be fine at The Citadel.

Yes...we know you are misogynist.

Me? I'm reflecting the words of the fine alumni of that college. And they've been disgusted by the changes since the early 90s.

Heartbroken. I wonder.

How about we cover that retort of yours another day?

Because I do not believe you believe that yourself. :D And I am out of time.
:lol: Our far right wing dominionists certainly do.
I am not sure what you mean by that, although I love the word dominionists. Sounds convincing.

Anyway to your earlier quip --- “just as Christians want all nations to fall and confess Jesus and follow the Bible” --- that’s just plain misleading when you imply many in our faith closely resemble the zealots and crazies in the Islam faith. Not even close, and really, never was if you look at the total scope of the two faiths.

Christianity is based on charity and then witness. Islam is based on some “holy” mission to conquer and convert --- almost aways by force. Plus they make for the worst of neighbors.

So it is imperative you seriously study the Christian faith and how you have been lying to yourself all along about you being good enough to get to heaven. God endures a great deal of adversity but He does become impatient with egotists and fools. FYI.

The following is a false statement, historically as well as today: "That’s just plain misleading when you imply many in our faith closely resemble the zealots and crazies in the Islam faith. Not even close, and really, never was if you look at the total scope of the two faiths."

Check out the crusades against the Albigensians in the south of France led by Montefort. They were a type of Cathar, of which we have at least two on the Board.

Indians to live in colonies in North America had to become Christian or live out of town.

Hundreds of examples exist, as you well know, if not thousands.

The following is a false statement, historically as well as today: "That’s just plain misleading when you imply many in our faith closely resemble the zealots and crazies in the Islam faith. Not even close, and really, never was if you look at the total scope of the two faiths."

Check out the crusades against the Albigensians in the south of France led by Montefort. They were a type of Cathar, of which we have at least two on the Board.

Indians to live in colonies in North America had to become Christian or live out of town.

Not really.

For one, there is not one institution that does not have some flaws. And there is not one person in history who does have flaws and sins. So the fact some took it too far cannot be denied, but nor can it define the Christian faith. The Christian faith has been 95% good and of enormous benefit to civilization and 5% in error. What compares to that?, surely not secularist regimes or ideologies. Christianity has also defended the defenseless in diverse places with their own blood from countless foreign aggressors. Also instituted
universities, hospitals, orphanages, etc. and civilized barbaric Europe.

You have benefited from God's religion to the extreme. There would be no USA wihout it.

The Indians were not all kind to each other. Even the most advanced civilization, the Aztecs, were ritually murdering children and adults in their sacrifices to the tune of 10,000 a year. You think putting stop to that was wrong?

The Crusades... you need to read up. The mission was totally justified and honorable. It was the soldiers and some of their officers who "went off the reservation" (to use Hillary's term) and did wrong deeds. But freeing the Holy Land from brutal and dominant Islam who took it all over by force --- well justified.

I do not believe there are that many examples of forced conversions in Christian history. Yes, some, some Indians, but most of even those bishops who came over with the Spanish soldiers were helping not hurting the indigenous.

Albegensians in France, I cannot say without research? But the early on battles were to root out heretics who were corrupting a budding Christian faith. I think it was a necessity and God saw to it that the proper faith and teachings prevailed.

Summary: Christianity has evolved to a peaceful existence since the medieval times. Islam hasnt.

That's basically it

Summary: Christianity has evolved to a peaceful existence since the medieval times. Islam hasnt.

That's basically it
Go check Bosnia twenty years ago and Africa now, please.

turzovka:

You are right that everyone and every religion has its flaws.

Where you are very wrong is that you think Christianity is 95% good and 5% bad: very wrong.

That USA is the result of Jesus in America thinking is merely wishful thinking. However, you are right in line with the Mormons on that idea.

What the Indians were doing to each other in no way excuses the barbarities of the Spanish, Portuguese, English, Dutch, etc., with the exception of the French, who still did great harm.

The eradication of 90% of Native America in 100 years was far greater than just wrong.

The Crusades were not “totally justified.” The rape and pillaging of Constantinople, Antioch, and Jerusalem were not “totally justified.” Your argumentation supports the Romans, the Arabians, the Turks, the Crusaders, Allenby, etc., of all doing the same thing.

Many of the Christian bishops were trying to limit the damage in the Americas with a little success.

Rooting out heretics by sword, fire, and stake is murder: don’t justify it

We as Christians need to live transformative lives and stop telling other people what to do. We need to do more than give assent to Christian teaching. We need to live it.

"A Modest Proposal
So here is my modest proposal for the transformation of church and society, a simple two-point plan:

One: Begin to think of salvation as the transformation of your entire self from death to life rather than as mere forgiveness for sin with a ticket to heaven.

Two: Stop telling people outside the church how they ought to behave and give full attention to the transformation of your own soul.

That’s it.

When Christian people live lives marked by hope, joy, and a fresh, new way of living, we will be transformed people, and we will transform the world."

The Only Two Questions Any Pastor Should Be Asking Right Now

Forum List

Back