help...squirrels in the attic

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
okay the ongoing saga.....da man..."i am gonna kill those squirrels before they take over"....of coure i object and he gives in....they are so cute....

well last couple of nights the dogs...thor and jake have been going nuts...i figured it was just the coming full moon ...so last night they are barking hard....you know any noise after dark ...is man noise and for da man to deal with....so i punch his sorry ass awake with a sharp elbow...he finds the dogs barking at the ceiling....

we got squirrels in the attic...

he is livid...beyond livid...kinda real friggin pissed at me.....we are putting the trail cam in the attic to id the culprits...we have to go to tractor supply and buy a couple of traps..my left eye is twitching...cause he is just pissed ....somehow this all is my fault....words and comments have been made....i ask him if he knew that babies were born in the winter and the squirrels would be nursing in feb...o my....o my...that man has a temper at times.

okay the ongoing saga.....da man..."i am gonna kill those squirrels before they take over"....of coure i object and he gives in....they are so cute....

well last couple of nights the dogs...thor and jake have been going nuts...i figured it was just the coming full moon ...so last night they are barking hard....you know any noise after dark ...is man noise and for da man to deal with....so i punch his sorry ass awake with a sharp elbow...he finds the dogs barking at the ceiling....

he is livid...beyond livid...kinda real friggin pissed at me.....we are putting the trail cam in the attic to id the culprits...we have to go to tractor supply and buy a couple of traps..my left eye is twitching...cause he is just pissed ....somehow this all is my fault....words and comments have been made....i ask him if he knew that babies were born in the winter and the squirrels would be nursing in feb...o my....o my...that man has a temper at times.

Shotgun.:cool:

Shotgun.:cool:

Call animal control and get a trap. The neighbors might look unkindly on you if you followed the advice above. If the local government in your area does not provide traps free, call a private contractor. Don't use poison unless you like the smell of death and cadaver flies.

no no no ... no permanent solutions here...as the man calls flat out killing them....my plan....trap them...cover holes with hardware mesh...(man would like to point out my ass is not doing this, his is) so hostile that one....take the trapped squirrells to an isolated place with no houses and free them....take each one caught to the same place to reunite the family (insert quite nasty words here from man)

I used to have a cat that killed squirrels, he brought them to me as a gift. :lol: He would look so proud :lol:

Wait . . . .

Help, squirrels in the attic

or

Help squirrels in the attic

For the first one you can go to the home improvement store of your choice and purchase a humane trap, set it, and forget it. I use one to trap the stray cats. Works great but cats are dumber than squirrels. On second thought, send the dogs in after it.

For the second one . . . were you thinking Florida condo or NY loft? lol

he is livid...beyond livid...kinda real friggin pissed at me.....we are putting the trail cam in the attic to id the culprits...we have to go to tractor supply and buy a couple of traps..my left eye is twitching...cause he is just pissed ....somehow this all is my fault....words and comments have been mad

Last edited:
Squirrel Recipes

Squirrel Stew
Ingredients:
1 squirrel, quartered
1 cup diced onion
2 large tomatoes (from your garden) or 1 can of tomatoes
Assorted fresh ,or canned veggies
Preparation:
Sprinkle seasoned salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper (optional) liberally on the meat. Pour some cooking oil into a large pot (dutch oven). Sauté the meat with the onions until well browned. Drain the excess oil, add about 2 cups water, and bring to a boil. Cut up the tomatoes and add. If you use canned tomatoes add them now. Turn down the heat, and let slow cook for at least an hour. Important: older squirrels may require cooking longer than an hour. Check periodically for tenderness. If you don't you will have a hard time chewing the meat. After the meat is tender, add the veggies, carrots, potatoes, banana pepper, what ever you like. Cook until the veggies are done. An option you can use is, cook up your favorite pasta and serve over the pasta.

It is your livestock, you decide.

try a few cans of bug bombs, if traps don't work. gas those babies dead then find out how they got in and fix the holes!!! Had rats in a drop ceiling and this worked. they smell a bit if you can't find them but who care it is cold and no one is in the attic in the winter anyway. if the cold is kept up in the attic so will the smell. Hope this helps you kill them. you got to get rid of these little bastards they will chew and shit everywhere and might burn the building down if they get into the wiring, don't hesitate they have to go, they are pests not friendly little animals!!!

no no no ... no permanent solutions here...as the man calls flat out killing them....my plan....trap them...cover holes with hardware mesh...(man would like to point out my ass is not doing this, his is) so hostile that one....take the trapped squirrells to an isolated place with no houses and free them....take each one caught to the same place to reunite the family (insert quite nasty words here from man)

Fix your house so they can't get in. Problem solved.

I've got squirrels running all over outside my house because I feed them. Don't have any in my attic.

o btw any suggestions or experiences dealing with squirrells..?
lol

We have a large wood burning stove and haven't used it in two years. Just last week hub heard a noise inside. We figured a field mouse got in. He gets a flashlight, slowing open the one door and sees it, closes the doors, puts gloves on, gets a tiny bowl to catch it. I told him, this isn't going to work, that mouse will jump out of that bowl, crawl up your arm and goodness knows where he'll go next. So hub goes to get a large bucket, and scoop him in it. LOL

Ok so he opens the door, then he jumps 3 feet off the ground, I'm sitting on the couch and I jump. I yelled that isn't a mouse that is a large RAT!

Then as my eyes focus, the thing is stuck on my TV wall unit. It's a teenage squirrel. He was ever so cute, my cat was nose to nose with it, and my cat didn't even want to attack it. It was hilarious watching my husband attempting to scoop him in the bucket 30 times before he was successful. *laugh* He is outside now and the next day I put some acorns in the many squirrel houses I have on the far edge of my property line.

I wouldn't kill them, they are nesting for the winter and soon winter will be over. This spring they will be gone, or sooner. Once they are gone you need to enter the attic and find out where they are coming in from and seal it up. Perhaps placing some squirrel houses like I did will help kept them out too. If they have no place to nest they will find a way inside the house.

My little critter fell from a tree branch and into my chimney which tells me I have to trim that branch.

Forum List

Back