Help Me Pick a 'Nom de Plume'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a publisher who wants to publish a book what I wrote. I don't want to publish under my own name so I need a 'pen name', a 'nom de plume', a pseudonym.

I'm struggling to come up with one I like.... and I know there are some creative - if a tad mentally unstable - brains on this forum so, have at it.... what's a good name for me to use?

I should clarify.... it should be a female name.

Why would you not want to publish under your own name?

Mainly because it's not the kind of topic that I would ordinarily write... and, being a professional writer in a different genre, it would be confusing within the industry. The publisher recommended that I use a pen name... so I'm gonna go with that.
I'd just go with some normalish name - Veronica Holden, or something along that sort of line. Otherwise, it just sounds too kitchy (like Sandra Beech, for example).

Just don't use "Sandy".

Congrats on your book!

Why not? I think that might be quite funny... and profitable.

Thanks... it's slightly weird to be considering publishing my own work... I'm used to being paid to write for someone else to publish so this is quite novel :)lol:) for me. It's not a novel, just so you know.
Sandra Beech?

(Although, I really do hate the name Sandra, or any version of it.)

Go with Veronica...dunno why, just always sounds man-eaterish to me. ;)

"dunno why", well Ronnie is the diminutive of Veronica and CG seems to worship the former president. So, Veronica Wright (as a subtle comment on her politics, far right)

So, I recommend Veronica F. Wright. Since it's a cook book, she could incorporate "The Wright Way" when using a common recipe in an uncommon way.

Thanks... it's slightly weird to be considering publishing my own work... I'm used to being paid to write for someone else to publish so this is quite novel :)lol:) for me. It's not a novel, just so you know.
Sandra Beech?

"dunno why", well Ronnie is the diminutive of Veronica and CG seems to worship the former president. So, Veronica Wright (as a subtle comment on her politics, far right)

So, I recommend Veronica F. Wright. Since it's a cook book, she could incorporate "The Wright Way" when using a common recipe in an uncommon way.
Cool!

And, of course, the "Wright Way" better not include any of that hippie/patchouli oil wearing/bleeding heart/greenie shit organic foods!

:lmao:

Sandra Beech?

Cool!

And, of course, the "Wright Way" better not include any of that hippie/patchouli oil wearing/bleeding heart/greenie shit organic foods!

:eusa_eh:

You got something against organic grub?

Cool!

The prices and sanctimonious attitude of it's fans.

Cool!

Not so much against it. But, the idea of paying a penny more for it because a plant got its nutritional compounds from shit rather than from a chemical company.

It reminds me of an old Bayer ad (that, by the way, Bayer was forced to change): "All aspirin is not alike". Aspirin is a chemical compound, irrespective of its source. So, yeah, all aspirin IS alike.

Just as all nutritional compounds for plants are alike.

Sanaa D. Toit
dead-horse11.jpg

Beat that to death long ago.

Just don't use "Sandy".

Congrats on your book!

If you are going to go along that route, why not make it a double header?

Cassandra Sand

Cassandra Sandoval.

Cool!

Not so much against it. But, the idea of paying a penny more for it because a plant got its nutritional compounds from shit rather than from a chemical company.

It reminds me of an old Bayer ad (that, by the way, Bayer was forced to change): "All aspirin is not alike". Aspirin is a chemical compound, irrespective of its source. So, yeah, all aspirin IS alike.

You're out of your mind if you think there is no difference between an organic apple and one covered in pesticides.

You're out of your mind if you think there is no difference between an organic apple and one covered in pesticides.
Well, I was talking about nutritional compounds.

I just wash. That's still cheaper.

Well, I was talking about nutritional compounds.

I just wash. That's still cheaper.

At the risk of sounding overtly sanctimonious, I recommend you educate yourself a little bit more on the subject rather than relying on flippant assumptions. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back