Hello!

OSU has about 12% foreign students, mostly from Saudi and Oman. There are about 800 chinese, mostly in biology, most of them dealing with remediation of environmental problems.

You're close to the Horseshoe?

Hi everyone!

I'm a visiting researcher from China who happens to be genuinely curious about American politics. The differences between China and America in various political and social issues have always made me wonder how we come to this point and why we made our respective choices. Also, as you might expect, the 2016 presidential election is not only a hot topic among Americans but also an interesting phenomenon for people around the world, and certainly a lot of Chinese including myself. A friend recommended this forum to me so that I could learn from Americans who share my interest in politics, and I believe this is a great idea!

Looking forward to making some new friends here!

143429538110477%201_zpsg01y3bey.gif

This place is good for heat, not light.

I live in a college town with a huge Chinese and Taiwanese presence. I have always wanted to ask the students coming to Corvallis questions that you promise too answer. what do you and your fellow students think about how we do things here?
Hmm... "Questions you promise to answer"? What I usually do is to promise to answer questions honestly if I decide to answer them.
Generally, many Chinese believe that America is different, and in many cases, in a good way.

An advantage you have as an English speaker is that English words are much easier to write. for instance: "谢谢" means "thanks", and I don't even bother to count the strokes...
That is why I stick to the pin yin.:cool:
You learned Chinese before? That's a challenge for the brave... and those with great memory!
A bit here and there. I lived in Zhuhai for a little bit.

Hi everyone!

I'm a visiting researcher from China...

What part of China?
Beijing.
Have you visited China before?

Lived in Xi'an for two years. Spent a few weeks in Beijing, but don't know the city all that well.
China is a developing country. Part of that means it is changing rapidly. I visited the U.S. for a year and a half, went back home, and had difficulty finding the front gate of my neighborhood. They broadened the road and built a new business district. Sometimes, I feel like I can't say I know Beijing all that well, either!

Hi everyone!

What part of China?
Beijing.

Lived in Xi'an for two years. Spent a few weeks in Beijing, but don't know the city all that well.
China is a developing country. Part of that means it is changing rapidly. I visited the U.S. for a year and a half, went back home, and had difficulty finding the front gate of my neighborhood. They broadened the road and built a new business district. Sometimes, I feel like I can't say I know Beijing all that well, either!

I lived in Xi'an '94-96' and spent a week in Beijing on my way out. I revisited Beijing in 2004. Different universe.

Hi everyone!

What part of China?
Beijing.

I lived in Xi'an '94-96' and spent a week in Beijing on my way out. I revisited Beijing in 2004. Different universe.
Interestingly, when I was very young, I took all that for granted and thought all countries in the world were changing the same way.

Welcome aboard Li........ Hope you stay long enough to get to know you.
My consumables are made in China but don't worry those products will remain made in china. Even if Trump is the president.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Li........ Hope you stay long enough to get to know you.
My consumables are made in China but don't worry those products will remain made in china. Even if Trump is the president.
I bet so. My stay in the U.S. this time will be pretty long. After playing on the board for a couple of days, I think I like it a lot!
As for Mr. Trump, all I have to say is that he is "viral" even in China!

Hi everyone!

I'm a visiting researcher from China who happens to be genuinely curious about American politics. The differences between China and America in various political and social issues have always made me wonder how we come to this point and why we made our respective choices. Also, as you might expect, the 2016 presidential election is not only a hot topic among Americans but also an interesting phenomenon for people around the world, and certainly a lot of Chinese including myself. A friend recommended this forum to me so that I could learn from Americans who share my interest in politics, and I believe this is a great idea!

Hello X.Li.......hope you enjoy posting here.

Hi everyone!

Hi, comrade, your firends are right - it's a very interesting messageboard! :)

China are one state country and it's funny maybe to for United States maybe Cruz will alliance between China and United States in economic. If Cruz are president in 2016 I mean. Up to voters to win to Cruz election year this 2016 year.

Forum List

Back