Hello!

X. Li

Mar 21, 2016
Hi everyone!

I'm a visiting researcher from China who happens to be genuinely curious about American politics. The differences between China and America in various political and social issues have always made me wonder how we come to this point and why we made our respective choices. Also, as you might expect, the 2016 presidential election is not only a hot topic among Americans but also an interesting phenomenon for people around the world, and certainly a lot of Chinese including myself. A friend recommended this forum to me so that I could learn from Americans who share my interest in politics, and I believe this is a great idea!

Looking forward to making some new friends here!

Hi everyone!

I'm a visiting researcher from China who happens to be genuinely curious about American politics. The differences between China and America in various political and social issues have always made me wonder how we come to this point and why we made our respective choices. Also, as you might expect, the 2016 presidential election is not only a hot topic among Americans but also an interesting phenomenon for people around the world, and certainly a lot of Chinese including myself. A friend recommended this forum to me so that I could learn from Americans who share my interest in politics, and I believe this is a great idea!

Welcome, don't take anything serious from the forum clowns like Rderp or Billy they post for entertainment purposes only. :)

This place is good for heat, not light.

I live in a college town with a huge Chinese and Taiwanese presence. I have always wanted to ask the students coming to Corvallis questions that you promise too answer. what do you and your fellow students think about how we do things here?

Hello

I'm the Gate Guard

When entering or leaving the asylum, be sure to have a signed note from the doctor.

Do not try to climb the fence, it's electrified, and topped by Barbie

Hi everyone!

You won't be executed here if you lie....or commit fraud...

Hi everyone!

Hi X. Li The number one problem I see is that Republicans and Democrats can't accept that their beliefs are different, and agree to work WITH those differences so everyone and every group can play a different role that best utilizes those approaches.

Instead they demonize, divide and bully to coerce, exclude and override the other group's beliefs and contributions.

This is as bad as Hindus and Muslims refusing to let the other participate equally, or Protestants and Catholics trying to set "one agenda" and be in charge and force the other group to follow.

What will be interesting to see is if Americans can evolve to accept and work with the different Parties and their respective beliefs, goals and priorities, and fields of expertise, and find a way to pull all that diversity of leadership and programming together. Instead of competing for one group to dominate and exclude or silence the others, why not let all groups work on their own programs they want to contribute, and find a way to make that work without violating the beliefs of one group for another.

In general the liberals tend to use government to manage, endorse and enforce whatever economic and social programs they want to develop; while the conservatives traditionally argue to develop all that outside of govt and let people in the private sector be in charge of running their own businesses, schools, nonprofits, community programs, etc.

I propose the solution is to allow people representation by party, let them pay taxes or get deductions by investing in their own program democratically managed by their own elected reps (similar to how religious groups will fund and manage their own programs internally and NOT force these onto other groups and NOT force others to pay or comply).

If we can shift the social, economic and educational development to local control, that will empower and train people per district to govern themselves as autonomously as possible. And it will reduce the bureaucratic burden on the state level and the federal level that otherwise becomes unmanageable and tied up in political debate if too many sensitive decisions are forced at the top that should belong to the people at the bottom to work out and decide for themselves, not have govt tell them what to do and what to pay for.

We should be rewarding citizens for developing and leading their own local districts and cities, working toward independence. And still keep our state structures and federal structures as the cohesive umbrella uniting all the sovereign cities and states in peaceful order.

If we are going to achieve human equality, it is important to start now to set up each district to have local campuses that can train people how to manage their own property, business and school districts, local government and economy. We must be as self-sufficient and sustainable as possible so there is no conflict or competition with other groups for control. Everyone should enjoy equal access and empowerment, but it must be by free choice, it can't be forced by govt or it starts all the political fighting for control of who's in charge.

Why not allow both liberals and conservatives, Republicans and Democrats to serve in the capacity that best suites their leadership and management styles and audiences. Some people address the working classes and people coming from the bottom ranks up. Some people are already independent and able to mentor future leaders to create sustainable infrastructure and programs so everyone can eventually work their way up the scale and become as independent as they want.

So I see the world getting organized like a school system, connecting the different depts together (medicine, economic, religious and race relations, etc.) working out our problems together and helping each nation, each state, each party and religious or political group to work independently and contribute equally, so we all share responsibility, power and management of resources instead of fighting for control.

See also Earned Amnesty
and music video for Sustainable Campus converting sweatshop labor to workstudy jobs
for webpages on the campus system I would like to build along the US border, and also replace sweatshop factories in every country with
school facilities that protect the workers and provide housing,
health care, and educational services on site so nobody is denied
assistance to move up no matter what class level they are.

OSU has about 12% foreign students, mostly from Saudi and Oman. There are about 800 chinese, mostly in biology, most of them dealing with remediation of environmental problems.

Hi everyone!

HI LI !! hope you have fun here

Korean makes so much more sense.

Be glad you don't have to worry about Japanese. 3 alphabets!

we are quite proud of our insane spelling rules. Makes it tough to learn through and through.

Forum List

Back