Hello

Queshank

Rookie
Oct 31, 2014
I'm a 44 year old small business owner (tax accountant), musician and father of two from a rural red state. I lean heavily liberal and I've been an atheist for over 20 of my years although I grew up as a Christian and at one time considered becoming a pastor. I'm also a registered Republican (I consider myself an Eisenhower Republican and have little respect for Reagan) and have been for most of my adult life with my first presidential ballot cast for George Bush in 1988, and my second cast for George Bush in 1992. In 96 I voted for Dole. In 2000 I voted for Gore (I was working in the IT industry at the time) although I would have voted for McCain if he hadn't been torpedo'd by W. Bush in the primaries.

In 2004 I voted for W. Bush as a protest against the "Anybody but Bush" attitude of the Democrats. I've been regretting it ever since. In 2008 I was a delegate for Ron Paul at the local, county and state level, but after seeing the way the Republicans handled truth, in 2008 and 2012 I loudly and proudly voted for Obama and am still firmly convinced this is the best direction for our country to go ... forwards not backwards considering the only plausible alternatives. And until the Republican Party pulls their collective heads out of their you know what's and regains their ability to think rationally about the issues our country faces, I will sadly continue to vote Democrat by necessity.

I cannot abide what the Tea Party has become, although I was an early (very early) supporter before the astroturf movements like the Tea Party Express took over and turned it into a vehicle of hate and regressive politics. These are the true RINOs.

I spent over a decade at another political board where I've got some great friends. But conversations with those friends seem to keep running over the same old ground all the time. I've just recently decided it's time for me to expand my horizons and get some new insights from others so ... here I am. I'll be lurking and getting the lay of the land for a bit. But I look forward to interesting conversations and making new friends. Seeya on the boards.

Queshank

Welcome. I'm glad to hear you finally came to your senses in the political area. You will find plenty of TP'ers here that still support the regressive ideas but otherwise this is a great Forum. I'm sure you'll enjoy posting here.

Hello there Queshank...

6b81af1e-2462-452b-9e8b-55f5eefc8264_zpsa72dc971.jpg

Welcome to the USMB...:)

Forum List

Back