Hello from Seattle

AlexWA

Alexandra
Nov 11, 2012
Seattle, Wash
Everybody else seems to be introducing themselves so i figured i better do the same since i am already commenting on some of the topics here...

Hello my name is Alexandra (Alex) from Seattle, Washington. I think it will not be a secret for long that my beliefs center around what is best for the planet and that my political beliefs stem from the many wonderful eco-focused platforms of the Green Party and various Earth first organizations. However, in spite of the stereotype and how people will often deem individuals like me as "radical" I think you will find that I am passionate, fair and relatively harmless.

I've been out of college, UDub, for about a year now and I am currently working for an organization here in Seattle. I have a dog named Squamish that I rescued almost year ago today as an abandoned puppy and he is doing awesome now. Some of my favorite hobbies include a lot of mountain biking since I also do not have a car so i tend to bike everywhere, running, kayaking, and volunteering. I love the Seattle area and couldn't see myself living anywhere else right now!

thanks

Everybody else seems to be introducing themselves so i figured i better do the same since i am already commenting on some of the topics here...

Hello my name is Alexandra (Alex) from Seattle, Washington. I think it will not be a secret for long that my beliefs center around what is best for the planet and that my political beliefs stem from the many wonderful eco-focused platforms of the Green Party and various Earth first organizations. However, in spite of the stereotype and how people will often deem individuals like me as "radical" I think you will find that I am passionate, fair and relatively harmless.

I've been out of college, UDub, for about a year now and I am currently working for an organization here in Seattle. I have a dog named Squamish that I rescued almost year ago today as an abandoned puppy and he is doing awesome now. Some of my favorite hobbies include a lot of mountain biking since I also do not have a car so i tend to bike everywhere, running, kayaking, and volunteering. I love the Seattle area and couldn't see myself living anywhere else right now!

thanks

Welcome, from Kirkland WA.

thanks

Welcome, from Kirkland WA.

hey, the both of you. i live on cap hill now. moved here when i was given custody of my son and didn't want him to change schools again, so i ust stayed.

everyone thinks WA peeps are radicals...lol. i like to think progressively radical.

can't rep you because i opted out of that game, but i can thank you both and will.

welcome.

i have heard good things about Seattle. 'Wet Coast'? lol---Green--all the rain must be great for plants.

i'm in GA--at times we must struggle to keep water in the lakes. lots of rain this past year---as well as i can recall--we might be ok for a while.

The Chattahoochee Parks system is very important to us. Agriculture is a major industry--the interest in conservation is high.

my dog and I enjoy traveling about the metro area--and occasionally North--to the mountains.

see ya

Welcome to USMB, Alex!

I was born in Seattle and am also a UDub alumna. Now I live in the mountains north and east of Seattle, but my hubby and I still visit lots.

Hey, when you were at the U, did you ever go to a little Greek cafe on the Ave called "The Continental"? Hubby and I still check in there now and then just to see how Dmitri's doing...

So what was your major? Are you mathy or artsy? ;)

-- Paravani

Forum List

Back