Hello from Russia

My wife is German. When we met we could not carry on a conversation. She had 6 years of English but had never conversed with an English speaking person. She knew the vocabulary well. With time she became very fluent. So well that she is the only German I've ever met that speaks with no accent whatsoever. People don't realize she's German unless she tells them. I really admire her knowing her journey. She came to America, graduated from a major university Summa Cum Laude and is now a first grade teacher. Hang in there. You'll be fine.
I also don't have a strong or heavy russian accent. And I was told many times that I don't sound russian at all and people didn't believe me that I was from Russia. lol I may sound like a European but nothing like russian with the strong russian RRRRR sound. :) So I guess I have a chance. I have an american friend who lives in Mississippi. We talk on Skype every day for the last two and a half years and it definitely helped me. I still remember the day I started to talk to him on the mic (we kept chatting before). I couldn't even connect "two words" to build a sentence. That seemed impossible form me. But now everything in the past. lol Now when I remember those first days (even months) I am laughing :D

Good!

Maladyetz!!!

You sound very determined to come to the USA. I hope it works out.

I have been in St. Petersburg - great place to do stuff.
Thanks a lot, buddy :)

I also don't have a strong or heavy russian accent. And I was told many times that I don't sound russian at all and people didn't believe me that I was from Russia. lol I may sound like a European but nothing like russian with the strong russian RRRRR sound. :) So I guess I have a chance. I have an american friend who lives in Mississippi. We talk on Skype every day for the last two and a half years and it definitely helped me. I still remember the day I started to talk to him on the mic (we kept chatting before). I couldn't even connect "two words" to build a sentence. That seemed impossible form me. But now everything in the past. lol Now when I remember those first days (even months) I am laughing :D

Good!

Maladyetz!!!

You sound very determined to come to the USA. I hope it works out.

I have been in St. Petersburg - great place to do stuff.
Thanks a lot, buddy :)

Pazhalsta, Chuvak!

Forum List

Back