heckling a woman in a wheelchair

And you outline exactly why these people are reduced to screaming and yelling so that nothing can be heard but their side of it.

The facts are not on their side.

It makes one wonder just how many of them are just stupid and how many are insurance sales people

For years and years the right has been rallying that seniors hate medicare and we need to do away with it. Now during this debate we hear how much in fact seniors love and rely on medicare! Now the right is exploiting that fact! Get the fact straight, medicare is a form of socialized medicine. But the right and insurance companies rally the elderly by stating Obama will take away your medicare with socialized medicine. You know those death panels that don't exist and won't exist, they'll kill you!

Come again! Saying no to socialized medicine, because of a medicare (a socialized medicine program) would go away and people love it! Amaziing the logic in this thinking!

Kinda like when the stupid actor Craig T Nelson went on Faux TV and said when he was on foodstamps and unemployment NO ONE helped him out.

It is wrong whoever does it. Right now it is primarily right wing zealots who have talking points sent to them by groups led by men like Dick Armey that tell them to shout down the speaker. This is not about free speech, it is about supressing free speech that favors any of the Obama or left healthcare points.

Go back to the 2000 election when the RNC sent paid staffers to beat on the doors of the vote counters pretending they were unhappy Floridians. It is about intimidation. The kind I hear the right piss and moan about with ACORN>

Please pose any talking points like this that dems have sent out for these town hall meetings.

When Steele got a question from a student, he was sarcastic and put her down. This from the man who said the left was picking on the right wing protestors.

The RNC has no plan or platform right now except to obstruct and stop the left from accomplishing any positive goals.. Their party is more important than any benefit the American people might get. Later they will scream and shout that the Dems didn't accomplish anything.

I am pissed at the left for not getting right back in their faces at these meetings and tell them to talk as adults or shut the fuck up.

heckling a woman in a wheelchair

A wheelchair is great for the sympathy vote.

WHY, because the women has a rational fear of losing her health insurance and once that happens she won't be able to get another other!

My father is an insurance agent, he specializes in group plans. He told me that for small businesses, one sick employee raises the rates enormously! Many employers come to him and say they want to drop their coverage and try to get coverage for the sick employee knocked out of the plan. Now that sick employee must get some type of private plan. However, the private plan either has a preexisting condition rider or is so expensive no person could afford it.

This woman has real fears that she wouldn't if there was a public option!

Why is the public option such a threat to the private insurance companies? I mean if the public option is so bad, why would someone switch to it? I mean I am not going to switch to it, if my private insurance is better! No one will! Here is what is happening. The insurance companies with their unlimited resources are blitzing the public. They are spending millions upon millions of policy holder's premium dollars to shoot down the public option, because they don't want the competition, which will (1) cut into their profits, (2) keep them honest, and (3) finally provide a legit alternative to the insurance companies bull shit policies!

It amazes me how people can stand up for the insurance companies! These are companies that actually create more waste for the healtcare industry that the government will do! What is it $0.25 of every premium dollar goes to administration. Doctor's offices need extensive administration staff to deal with the insurance companies. Doctor's need internal collections. Insurance companies spend millions on PR and lobbying the government! The government always wastes things, but the insurance do more of there share of it! If they didn't then why are our healthcare costs per capita the largest in the world?

The real issue has never been the just the public option. The issue is whether the people want the government to take over the U.S. health care system. And even without a public option, the bills in Congress would make Americans pay higher taxes and higher premiums, while government bureaucrats determine insurance benefits for all.

Yes, this lady has a real concern, but the country will become a little less free if we follow her advice.

And only about 40% of Americans put their trust in health insurance companies, so it's certainly not a majority. And 3rd Party and Administrative costs can be reined in by putting the patient back in control of the medical purchasing decision. But we all know, Obama will pass some sort of health care bill that Americans will be bound to for the next 50 years whether good or bad, unless, of course, the country goes bankrupt before then.

It is wrong whoever does it. Right now it is primarily right wing zealots who have talking points sent to them by groups led by men like Dick Armey that tell them to shout down the speaker. This is not about free speech, it is about supressing free speech that favors any of the Obama or left healthcare points.

Go back to the 2000 election when the RNC sent paid staffers to beat on the doors of the vote counters pretending they were unhappy Floridians. It is about intimidation. The kind I hear the right piss and moan about with ACORN>

Please pose any talking points like this that dems have sent out for these town hall meetings.

When Steele got a question from a student, he was sarcastic and put her down. This from the man who said the left was picking on the right wing protestors.

The RNC has no plan or platform right now except to obstruct and stop the left from accomplishing any positive goals.. Their party is more important than any benefit the American people might get. Later they will scream and shout that the Dems didn't accomplish anything.

I am pissed at the left for not getting right back in their faces at these meetings and tell them to talk as adults or shut the fuck up.

that is why the unions are getting involved.

If we did they would just say, they do it too.

The truth is seeping into the minds of people.

The children are watching.

The R party is digging its own grave with these horrible tactics, they are counting on that all Americans are as gullible and cruel as their current base.

They will lose that bet and burry the party.

For years and years the right has been rallying that seniors hate medicare and we need to do away with it. Now during this debate we hear how much in fact seniors love and rely on medicare! Now the right is exploiting that fact! Get the fact straight, medicare is a form of socialized medicine. But the right and insurance companies rally the elderly by stating Obama will take away your medicare with socialized medicine. You know those death panels that don't exist and won't exist, they'll kill you!

Come again! Saying no to socialized medicine, because of a medicare (a socialized medicine program) would go away and people love it! Amaziing the logic in this thinking!

I wouldn't say they love Medicare. They tolerate it because that is the system that is in place. Most usually have supplemental care.

Bullshit.

I have seen many who when asked about medicare they dont even seem to know its a public program.

77% of medicare recipients are happy with their coverage

Bullshit.

I have seen many who when asked about medicare they dont even seem to know its a public program.

77% of medicare recipients are happy with their coverage

And therein lies the problem. Most don't even know it's a public program nor do they realize how costly it is. This is one of the primary reasons why medical care is so expensive in America today.

Tell me how it can be more expensive than private care if private care has to also make a profit?

If its soooo bad why do so many chose it when they are seniors?

Americans pay higher taxes and......

and and and and and....

Does anyone get that taxes are a NECESSARY EVIL. Sure everyone hates them, but there are things that only gov can do, and frankly speaking, in very many things, the gov is the lesser evil......

We have had this issue of taxes carped about forever, but frankly speaking, the laws of this country, and the taxes that support them are all that stands between the MAJORITY and utter misery.

I wouldn't say they love Medicare. They tolerate it because that is the system that is in place. Most usually have supplemental care.

Ask and old person! Listen to the old people at townhall meetings. My grandfather would be in the ground without medicare!

Yes they have supplemental care to cover the shortfall. However, if they didn't have medicare they would have to get primary insurance, which would probably cost a small sum of $5K a month with a backlog of preexisting conditions!

But you don't see the irony in that a huge voice in the town hall protesters are the old crying about losing their socialized medicine (medicare) by arguing against having social medicine?

Last edited:

If there was no medicare aka socialized medicine for the old, I guarantee American life expectancy would be 10 years shorter!

Americans pay higher taxes and......

and and and and and....

Does anyone get that taxes are a NECESSARY EVIL. Sure everyone hates them, but there are things that only gov can do, and frankly speaking, in very many things, the gov is the lesser evil......

We have had this issue of taxes carped about forever, but frankly speaking, the laws of this country, and the taxes that support them are all that stands between the MAJORITY and utter misery.

That's so vague that it really doesn't mean anything. Of course taxes are a necessary evil. That's not the point. The point is that there are a lot of unnecessary taxes that Americans are forced to pay. I'm not willing to give our government a blank check.

Forum List

Back