Heather Cox Richardson is asked What would a 2nd Trump term mean for America? “An end of American democracy. I have absolutely no doubt about that"

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
When my boyfriend picks up The New York Times every morning from the library, and we look at the headlines together, it is beyond disturbing. However, every day I have to go out into the world and make a choice. Do I want to be disturbed—sometimes, yes, because it’s motivating at times for change. But oftentimes, in order for me to make positive change in the world, I need to feel good. I can’t do it from anger and frustration

So join me in this effort, join Heather Cox Richardson in this effort, join Governor Newsom in this effort, and let's make Donald Trump fall at our collective feet and prevent the destruction of American democracy

Who is Heather Cox Richardson? Whoever she is, she is a little confused.

Accusing Trump of wanting to end democracy by disputing the results of the 2020 election is something I disagree with, but it at least has some internal logic.

Claiming that if Donald Trump is democratically elected president and then serves his term will end democracy does not.

Who is Heather Cox Richardson? Whoever she is, she is a little confused.

Accusing Trump of wanting to end democracy by disputing the results of the 2020 election is something I disagree with, but it at least has some internal logic.

Claiming that if Donald Trump is democratically elected president and then serves his term will end democracy does not.
I think she is wrong but only because I believe, at least I want to believe, there will be massive resistance to what he will try to do if re-elected. Even among some Repubs.
He tried, as one example, to completely corrupt the DoJ last time around. Not only by hiring a sycophant to be AG in Billy the Bagman (he seems to regret being one now) but by trying to use the weight of the DoJ to help him in his attempt to overturn the election. Doing so by making Jeff Clark the acting AG. A move he only rescinded after he was told it would cause a mass resignation of DoJ officials.

When my boyfriend picks up The New York Times every morning from the library, and we look at the headlines together, it is beyond disturbing. However, every day I have to go out into the world and make a choice. Do I want to be disturbed—sometimes, yes, because it’s motivating at times for change. But oftentimes, in order for me to make positive change in the world, I need to feel good. I can’t do it from anger and frustration

So join me in this effort, join Heather Cox Richardson in this effort, join Governor Newsom in this effort, and let's make Donald Trump fall at our collective feet and prevent the destruction of American democracy

Readers welcome Richardson’s ability, like Ken Burns, Rachel Maddow and Jon Meacham, to make sense of Trump-era chaos by assuring us we have been here before and survived.

Plus she uses academic terms such as “fuckers” that libs can relate to

IMO Trump winning or not is very much like 2016. It's less about Trump and who the Democrats want to present as an alternative.

In 2016 they chose the most divisive candidate that they could find. In 2024 if its the walking dead, don't be surprised when people don't opt for that.

The claims by the left that the world as we know it will end if Donald Trump is elected makes me shake my head. Why exactly? He'll fix the economy. It was putting up historically good numbers before the pandemic shut down the world. He'll address the border crisis. If someone doesn't...then our social safety net will collapse. He'll bring stability back to the Middle East. Giving huge amounts of money to Iran is so incredibly stupid it boggles the mind. What's going on between the Palestinians and Israel? That was made possible by funding from Iran!

It was putting up historically good numbers before the pandemic shut down the world.
No it wasn't.

He got a budget busting tax cut passed based on the ruse it would greatly reduce the nation's debt over time. The tax cut caused a sugar high for the stock market, not the economy.

No it wasn't.

He got a budget busting tax cut pass based on the ruse it would greatly reduce the nation's debt over time. The tax cut caused a sugar high for the stock market, not the economy.

Not to mention the billions and billions and billions we continued to print under his four years with Trump constantly calling for more.

In a good economy that does not happen.

No it wasn't.

He got a budget busting tax cut passed based on the ruse it would greatly reduce the nation's debt over time. The tax cut caused a sugar high for the stock market, not the economy.
Did you factor in the massive quantitative easing that Barry was getting during that time, Berg? Or the Fed interest rate that was kept at near zero? Compare that to Trump. He wasn't getting those huge stimulus jolts and he had numerous interest rate hikes by the Fed. What Trump was doing with the economy was far more impressive that what Barack Obama did.

Did you factor in the massive quantitative easing that Barry was getting during that time, Berg? Or the Fed interest rate that was kept at near zero? Compare that to Trump. He wasn't getting those huge stimulus jolts and he had numerous interest rate hikes by the Fed. What Trump was doing with the economy was far more impressive that what Barack Obama did.

Yes Trump was but I expect you know this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...ion-into-us-economy-its-just-getting-started/

Fed to pump in more than $1 trillion in dramatic ramping up of market intervention amid coronavirus meltdown

Trump even called for negative interest rates.

Trump still wants negative interest rates, but says Fed Chair has improved

Barry gave us The Great Recession...it took 4.5 Trillion dollars in quantitative easing and the Fed keeping interest rates at near zero for the longest time in recent history for him to even give us the mediocre numbers that he did. If he'd been given what Trump had to work with...no quantitative easing and four interest rate hikes by the Fed? His economy would have cratered!

If you're going to be fair (which I doubt will ever happen!) you need to contrast Trump's pre Covid numbers with Biden's post Covid numbers.

The "Free" money was finally stopped under Biden and the rates were finally raised.

Forum List

Back