Healthcare questions

tim_duncan2000

Jan 11, 2004
A big issue that I hear a lot about currently is healthcare and the cost of prescription drugs, but there are some things I'm not sure about.

1) Why are drugs from Canada cheaper?

2) Some people say that the government should be able to get involved and negotiate prices. How would that work? How would they decide on a fair price? How much money should drug companies make? I just can't imagine that the government would do this right.

3) How do people want universal healthcare to work? I hope they don't make it like Canada or a lot of European countries because of how long people often have to wait for certain procedures.

tim_duncan2000 said:
A big issue that I hear a lot about currently is healthcare and the cost of prescription drugs, but there are some things I'm not sure about.

1) Why are drugs from Canada cheaper?

the government uses cost controls to keep drugs a certain price. the drug companies still make a profit, just not as much as they do in the US.

tim_duncan2000 said:
2) Some people say that the government should be able to get involved and negotiate prices. How would that work? How would they decide on a fair price? How much money should drug companies make? I just can't imagine that the government would do this right.

cost controls again, but then you have to deal with the whole deal about making up for research and development, etc.....

Forum List

Back