Healthcare cost a crime

....services that don't meet profit expectations would be dropped regardless of their impact on the public.

Well I for one am ever so grateful we have you to tell everyone else what the public needs. You are a true planner, a hall monitor that thinks he knows what's best for others. That cannot be fixed, only defeated.

I do appreciate your candor in this discussion. Knowing one's enemy is important.

There was a hospital in the southern states called "Toumey Hospital", that had a huge lawsuit upon it not long ago, initiated by the federal government, in which also insnared some doctors and such as well in the suit, and this was for defrauding the government on medicare, double billing and so on and so forth I'm thinking it all was about.. Now you were saying..

I assumed you were talking about the legitimate, if predatory (but legal), way providers bill and payers pay. Fraud is a bit different because, aside from being illegal, it's not baked into the crust of our payment system and thus present in every single transaction across the entire industry--as the things I was describing are. It's more a pervasive nuisance than a fundamental structural deficiency (no more than any kind of theft or crime is a fundamental structural flaw in any market relationship or interaction)

A quick googling seems to indicate that the example you're talking about was a Stark law violation, which is more about conflicts of interest in physician referrals. But certainly there is also outright fraud out there with phantom billing, upcoding, etc. And it costs money, no doubt.

Though if your argument was that private insurers are aware of being defrauded and tolerate it (following "meetings with the doctors billing offices and hospital billing offices, in order to protest these high and unrealistic charges"), I'm not sure I follow you. There are legal remedies available to them in that situation--remedies not available when an insurer is getting screwed legally in the kind of ordinary payment negotiation I was referring to in my post.

There was a hospital in the southern states called "Toumey Hospital", that had a huge lawsuit upon it not long ago, initiated by the federal government, in which also insnared some doctors and such as well in the suit, and this was for defrauding the government on medicare, double billing and so on and so forth I'm thinking it all was about.. Now you were saying..

It's the rule, not the exception, that 3rd-party payers are bilked (and the costs passed on to the consumers).

....services that don't meet profit expectations would be dropped regardless of their impact on the public.

Well I for one am ever so grateful we have you to tell everyone else what the public needs. You are a true planner, a hall monitor that thinks he knows what's best for others. That cannot be fixed, only defeated.

I do appreciate your candor in this discussion. Knowing one's enemy is important.
I'm just saying private enterprise will meet the needs of society only when it can do so profitably.

Last edited:

I assumed you were talking about the legitimate, if predatory (but legal), way providers bill and payers pay. Fraud is a bit different because, aside from being illegal, it's not baked into the crust of our payment system and thus present in every single transaction across the entire industry--as the things I was describing are. It's more a pervasive nuisance than a fundamental structural deficiency (no more than any kind of theft or crime is a fundamental structural flaw in any market relationship or interaction)

A quick googling seems to indicate that the example you're talking about was a Stark law violation, which is more about conflicts of interest in physician referrals. But certainly there is also outright fraud out there with phantom billing, upcoding, etc. And it costs money, no doubt.

Though if your argument was that private insurers are aware of being defrauded and tolerate it (following "meetings with the doctors billing offices and hospital billing offices, in order to protest these high and unrealistic charges"), I'm not sure I follow you. There are legal remedies available to them in that situation--remedies not available when an insurer is getting screwed legally in the kind of ordinary payment negotiation I was referring to in my post.

Mitt Romney: Medicare fraud allegations and ‘Blood Money’ - The Washington Post

I'm just saying private enterprise will meet the needs of society only when it can do so profitably.
Yep, and when it comes to health care in a nation gone mad with greed that is being found in so many ways these days, do we really want to keep our health care subjected to the profits of a corporation, verses the needs of us as human beings ??

This is what concerns me greatly with this one aspect of our private industry and/or set up these days, as it has a tendency to pick winners and losers for profit margins, and that is not exceptable when it comes to ones health in life, and whether or not one lives or dies as a result of.

This is what concerns me greatly with this one aspect of our private industry and/or set up these days, as it has a tendency to pick winners and losers for profit margins,.

a liberal will lack the IQ to understand profit. Imagine a society that allocated resources based on lossess rather than profits.

A drug company would invest in a new cancer drug that didn't work and so made no profit, but would still keep investing in the drug that didn't work rather than in another drug that did work , did make profit, and did save millions of lives.

See why we are 100% sure that liberalism is based on pure ignorance? Is any other conclusion posiible??

Last edited:
Private schools like any business will follow the money and the money is not in poor and lower middle class neighborhoods. The wealthy will have the best schools and best teachers because they can afford the high tuitions... If we really wanted to improve our schools, we should make private schools illegal, and assign every child to a public school by random lottery.

What's wrong with the rich having better schools, as long as they're paying for those schools themselves? All of society benefits when people are better educated, even if the better educated person isn't you and that ball of shit in your skull. Besides, your liberalism makes you blind to this fact: the cost of education plays very little role in the quality of education. If the rich want to buy fancy school uniforms for the kids instead of fancy fur coats for mom, why the fuck do you care?

How does your shit-brain imagine the rich will make public schools better just because their kids are in them? Some sort of rich people voodoo? Do you think finally the school will be able to afford the textbooks that they already have? Do you think then they'll be able to pay the electric bill they're already paying. Do you think then they'll be able to hire the college grads that they hire now?

No one has suggested an end to government welfare for the poor to buy an education. There will be money for everyone to get an education. And, as you said, business follows the money, which everyone has. But, when the school has to win students, instead of the student being forced to go there, they'll really try to offer a better product. Your ideas couldn't be any more stupid if you tried.

Government is not the primary cause of higher healthcare costs. The major cause is the increase in demand for healthcare.

Demand is high because almost no one pays for medical care out of pocket. The US government is the biggest single payer for healthcare in the world.

Private schools like any business will follow the money and the money is not in poor and lower middle class neighborhoods. The wealthy will have the best schools and best teachers because they can afford the high tuitions... If we really wanted to improve our schools, we should make private schools illegal, and assign every child to a public school by random lottery.

What's wrong with the rich having better schools, as long as they're paying for those schools themselves? All of society benefits when people are better educated, even if the better educated person isn't you and that ball of shit in your skull. Besides, your liberalism makes you blind to this fact: the cost of education plays very little role in the quality of education. If the rich want to buy fancy school uniforms for the kids instead of fancy fur coats for mom, why the fuck do you care?

How does your shit-brain imagine the rich will make public schools better just because their kids are in them? Some sort of rich people voodoo? Do you think finally the school will be able to afford the textbooks that they already have? Do you think then they'll be able to pay the electric bill they're already paying. Do you think then they'll be able to hire the college grads that they hire now?

No one has suggested an end to government welfare for the poor to buy an education. There will be money for everyone to get an education. And, as you said, business follows the money, which everyone has. But, when the school has to win students, instead of the student being forced to go there, they'll really try to offer a better product. Your ideas couldn't be any more stupid if you tried.

Government is not the primary cause of higher healthcare costs. The major cause is the increase in demand for healthcare.

Demand is high because almost no one pays for medical care out of pocket. The US government is the biggest single payer for healthcare in the world.
The rich have access to good schools now. There are plenty of good private schools, if you have the big bucks, which they do. The wealthy has access to good schools. That’s not the problem. Claiming the cost of education plays little role in quality is ridiculous. The most expensive private schools in the country sport class sizes of 12 students, the best instructors, personal tutors, instructional programs tailored to the student, and excellent facilities. Compare that to some of the ghetto schools, with class sizes of 35 students, being taught by poorly trained teachers in overcrowded shabby class rooms.

Wealthy and influential parents are in a position to see that positive changes are made to public education, however they send their kids to private schools so they have little incentive to push for improvements. In fact, their incentive is cut funding for public schools.

The idea that people visit a doctor or go into the hospital just because someone else is paying the bill is silly. I know of no one who enjoys going to the doctor, dentist or hospital. If you payed me to go to the doctor, I doubt I would go any more than I do now.

This is what concerns me greatly with this one aspect of our private industry and/or set up these days, as it has a tendency to pick winners and losers for profit margins,.

a liberal will lack the IQ to understand profit. Imagine a society that allocated resources based on lossess rather than profits.

A drug company would invest in a new cancer drug that didn't work and so made no profit, but would still keep investing in the drug that didn't work rather than in another drug that did work , did make profit, and did save millions of lives.

See why we are 100% sure that liberalism is based on pure ignorance? Is any other conclusion posiible??
I meant to say in regards to our "healthcare private sector industry", in which winners and losers (i.e. the sick verses the not so sick) are being picked through and/or over, and this is due to profits and/or the divided up cost being placed against those profits, signaling the amount of care given these days to most of us as individuals yet seperate all because of, in which is to be based on loses and gains in regards to this health care industry and/or healthcare giant now in which we have serving us as citizens these days.

This has become immoral and disrespectful to all citizens who deserve better than what they are getting these days in this situation of late (where extreme charges in health care is a crime yes), in which is fueling profits and/or profit margins/bottom lines (verses) the amount of care to be given to us in relation to such bottom lines or profits. Our care is sadly being rationed to us in an unequality way (plan verses plan), that is being found amongst us as human beings anymore these days, and these plans are being based on profits and loses before offered to us, and then resulting in winners and losers all because of.

This is why health care needs to be taken out of the private sector in regards to profits & loses that are born out of capitalism, because just as you said it yourself, that millions of companies go broke under capitalism, where as you said that their is no protectionist to be found within you when it comes to capitalism, so when it comes to ones health is that different ? We don't need the system to be going broke under the rules of capitalism when we need it most, but instead we should have a more stable socialized (single payer) system of health care, that is taxed to every working American citizen in this nation, in order to pay for it just like we do for SSI & etc. across this nation. What would be wrong with that ?

I'm tired, and I may not be thinking to clearly, so forgive me if I don't get my point right in which I am trying to convey on the subject.

Well some service which are very essential like education,energy and healthcare must be exempt on low and supply order. If we are thinking as government factor then these are most common are where government revenue is increases so government must minimize the tax rate on these services for the people.

Claiming the cost of education plays little role in quality is ridiculous. The most expensive private schools in the country sport class sizes of 12 students, the best instructors, personal tutors, instructional programs tailored to the student, and excellent facilities. Compare that to some of the ghetto schools, with class sizes of 35 students, being taught by poorly trained teachers in overcrowded shabby class rooms.

Here's what those ghetto schools get: CARPE DIEM: DC Public Schools: $1.29 Billion, $28,170 per Pupil
We're paying for the best education in the world for those stupid Afros.

How does a class size of 12 help? Do you think more than 12 people would absorb all the sound of the teacher talking, or take up so much space that more than 12 won't be able to see the board?

One reason Afros cost so much is because they get personal tutors and instructional programs tailored to them, in very expensive facilities. But, they're still just dumb Afros, barely literate by the time they graduate from high school.

Wealthy and influential parents are in a position to see that positive changes are made to public education, however they send their kids to private schools so they have little incentive to push for improvements. In fact, their incentive is cut funding for public schools.

Yeah, that's it, fucking idiot, those Afros aren't getting enough education funding.

There are public schools (rural) that get under $10,000 per student and private schools that get half of that, yet their whites students far exceed the academic performance of Afros at some of the country's most expensive schools. Other than flat out lying by denying the facts, how does your money theory account for that?

The idea that people visit a doctor or go into the hospital just because someone else is paying the bill is silly. I know of no one who enjoys going to the doctor, dentist or hospital. If you payed me to go to the doctor, I doubt I would go any more than I do now.

Old people are infamous for going to the doctor frequently just for someone to talk to, because it's free to them. Afros are infamous for frequenting emergency rooms for non-emergencies, because it's free to them. Most visits to the doctor are trivial, because people don't have to pay much out of pocket. These visits would stop if they had to pay in cash at the time of the visit. Likewise, they'd increase if the visits were perceived as free (this is why places like Canada have such long waits to visit the doctor, making sick people wait is the cost of giving "free" service to people who don't need it). I'd go every month for a thousand dollars of unnecessary blood tests, just for the fun of monitoring changes over time (cholesterol, sugar, vitamins, white blood cells, etc.), if it were free and available to me. If people had to pay cash, they'd take better care of themselves to avoid medical expenses. That's how people are and if you disagree, you're either a liar or an idiot. And, I'm sure both.

Old people are infamous for going to the doctor frequently just for someone to talk to, because it's free to them. Afros are infamous for frequenting emergency rooms for non-emergencies, because it's free to them. Most visits to the doctor are trivial, because people don't have to pay much out of pocket. These visits would stop if they had to pay in cash at the time of the visit. Likewise, they'd increase if the visits were perceived as free (this is why places like Canada have such long waits to visit the doctor, making sick people wait is the cost of giving "free" service to people who don't need it). I'd go every month for a thousand dollars of unnecessary blood tests, just for the fun of monitoring changes over time (cholesterol, sugar, vitamins, white blood cells, etc.), if it were free and available to me. If people had to pay cash, they'd take better care of themselves to avoid medical expenses. That's how people are and if you disagree, you're either a liar or an idiot. And, I'm sure both.

Being one of those old folks, I can say without hesitation that you are full of crap. As you age, you have more and more health problems. A severe chest pain can be a symptom of a heart attack or it can be pleurisy, pneumonia, or nothing at all. A darkened mole can be just a mole or it can be a melanoma. Most really serious health problems begin with symptoms with a multitude of causes, most of which are not serious, but it usually takes medical help to determine the difference. Waiting to see what develops is rarely a good idea. The chance of a successfully outcome decreases as the disease progress and the cost of treatment rises, often dramatically.

Very few people actually get free medical care. Almost all insurance programs have co-pays or coinsurance. For Medicare it's 20% which for the average doctor visit is about $25. For Medicaid it varies by state but in most states an adult can expect to pay $10 to $20 for a doctors visit. The idea that anyone goes to the doctor for the fun of being poked with needles, asked embarrassing questions and scared shirtless over possible diagnosis is absurd. Paying $10 or $20 for it is even more absurd.

Last edited:

Being one of those old folks, I can say without hesitation that you are full of crap. As you age, you have more and more health problems. A severe chest pain can be a symptom of a heart attack or it can be pleurisy, pneumonia, or nothing at all. A darkened mole can be just a mole or it can be a melanoma. Most really serious health problems begin with symptoms with a multitude of causes, most of which are not serious, but it usually takes medical help to determine the difference. Waiting to see what develops is rarely a good idea. The chance of a successfully outcome decreases as the disease progress and the cost of treatment rises, often dramatically.

Very few people actually get free medical care. Almost all insurance programs have co-pays or coinsurance. For Medicare it's 20% which for the average doctor visit is about $25. For Medicaid it varies by state but in most states an adult can expect to pay $10 to $20 for a doctors visit. The idea that anyone goes to the doctor for the fun of being poked with needles, asked embarrassing questions and scared shirtless over possible diagnosis is absurd. Paying $10 or $20 for it is even more absurd.

If you eat right and exercise you can be healthy if old Many people in America too fat and eat McDonalds.
Healthy eating and exercise reduces your chance of sickness, but it doesn't eliminate it. Healthcare is something everyone will need and the older you are the more you need it.

Being one of those old folks, I can say without hesitation that you are full of crap.

A second opinion: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtI6ZVOzWqQ]Needy Seniors or Greedy Geezers? -- Stossel In The Classroom - YouTube[/ame]

A darkened mole can be just a mole or it can be a melanoma.

You shouldn't need a doctor to recognize a mole from something that's probably not a mole.

The idea that anyone goes to the doctor for the fun of being poked with needles, asked embarrassing questions and scared shirtless over possible diagnosis is absurd. Paying $10 or $20 for it is even more absurd.

If you were to go to the doctor every month, you wouldn't have to be asked those "embarrassing questions" every time.

Very few people actually get free medical care. Almost all insurance programs have co-pays or coinsurance. For Medicare it's 20% which for the average doctor visit is about $25.

Many if not most get supplemental insurance for $100-300/month and then healthcare is again free and so very abused! Any resource you don't pay for will be greatly abused. This is why the USSR failed. Its common sense that a child can follow, just not a liberal.

Very few people actually get free medical care. Almost all insurance programs have co-pays or coinsurance. For Medicare it's 20% which for the average doctor visit is about $25.

Many if not most get supplemental insurance for $100-300/month and then healthcare is again free and so very abused! Any resource you don't pay for will be greatly abused. This is why the USSR failed. Its common sense that a child can follow, just not a liberal.
Who knew, the USSR was defeated by healthcare. Lots of cons will be disappointed it wasn't Reagan.

Forum List

Back