Health Insurers Raise Rates Because of Obamacare

i don't know how ANYONE with a brain that is working, can take the health insurance company's word that it is ''obama care'' that has made them raise their prices 3% in 2010? Just analyzing the chart of their increases in premium prices for the past 10 years can clearly see that they have raised their prices EVERY SINGLE YEAR....did obama care make them go up the past 10 yrs?

you are being fooled by their propaganda....

and the person in rabbi's example said her prices went up 50% because of Obama care, do you really believe this?

sheesh...

"Anyone with a brain that is working" would seem to count you out.
Did you read the linked article, where he basically the same point that insurers have been increasing rates every year?
The point is not that they have been increasing rates (like anyone didnt know that). The point is that the increases will be MUCH FASTER now because of the additional mandates of Obamacare.
This stands to reason: mandate more coverage you effectively mandate higher rates to pay for it. Who did they think was going to pay for all those increased mandates? The tooth fairy?

So what's your point? You agree the law leaves insurers under-regulated?

No, dumbshit. My point is just what I said it was: Insurers were among Obamacare's biggest SUPPORTERS. So anyone who thinks that insurers opposed it have mush for brains.
Is that clear enough for you?

New Year, same old insults from Rabbi. :eusa_eh:

I thought you were done with this thread pages ago, you smelly old troll?
Are you ready to admit the truth that insurers were among Obamacare's SUPPORTERS?

No, dumbshit. My point is just what I said it was: Insurers were among Obamacare's biggest SUPPORTERS. So anyone who thinks that insurers opposed it have mush for brains.
Is that clear enough for you?

New Year, same old insults from Rabbi. :eusa_eh:

Are you ready to admit the truth that insurers were among Obamacare's SUPPORTERS?

LOL, smelly old troll? Really? Ummm....Ouch? How old are you? 6 or 82?

Were health care insurers supporters or opponents of Obamacare? PLease just answer.

I'll give you credit, at least you didn't try to insult me in this post. I guess it's a step in the right direction.

Were health care insurers supporters or opponents of Obamacare? PLease just answer.

I'll give you credit, at least you didn't try to insult me in this post. I guess it's a step in the right direction.

We don't need anything other than your answer on whether insurers were supporters or opponents of Obamacare. Please answer the question.

We don't need anything other than your answer on whether insurers were supporters or opponents of Obamacare. Please answer the question.

They were definitely NOT supporters of what Obama originally wanted to do, (ie. Single payer and then the public option), however I think they are very happy and "supportive" of the end bill especially compared to what Obama originally wanted to do.

They were definitely NOT supporters of what Obama originally wanted to do, (ie. Single payer and then the public option), however I think they are very happy and "supportive" of the end bill especially compared to what Obama originally wanted to do.

OK, so you admit your post #2 where you write "insurers were the biggest opponents of the bill" was wrong and ill informed.
and you owe me an apology for your post# 4 where you write that the fact I believe insurers supported the bill speaks to my intelligence (implying in a negative way).
Actually as it has tuned out my "belief" (because it wasnt belief at all but knowledge) shows I am more intelligent, or at least better informed, than you.

Glad we cleared that up.

Last edited:

OK, so you admit your post #2 where you write "insurers were the biggest opponents of the bill" was wrong and ill informed.
and you owe me an apology for your post# 4 where you write that the fact I believe insurers supported the bill speaks to my intelligence (implying in a negative way).
Actually as it has tuned out my "belief" (because it wasnt belief at all but knowledge) shows I am more intelligent, or at least better informed, than you.

Glad we cleared that up.

LOL, Ummm not exactly. To say insurers were "big supporters" of this bill all along the way is untrue and a lie. That's what my point was. Perhaps we were just not on the same page, but if you are trying to say that Insurance companies were on-board with the healthcare bill from the get-go then we still are not going to agree. You are hardly "better informed" than I am, more stubborn perhaps, but more informed...doubtful.

Glad we cleared that up.

LOL, Ummm not exactly. To say insurers were "big supporters" of this bill all along the way is untrue and a lie. That's what my point was. Perhaps we were just not on the same page, but if you are trying to say that Insurance companies were on-board with the healthcare bill from the get-go then we still are not going to agree. You are hardly "better informed" than I am, more stubborn perhaps, but more informed...doubtful.

OK.
You have been shown conclusively to be wrong, and insulting. Even when you admit it, you cannot admit it but look for some little loop hole or out.
You are not an honest debater but a skank. And on to Iggy you go. I dont have time for such people.

Glad we cleared that up.

OK.
You have been shown conclusively to be wrong, and insulting. Even when you admit it, you cannot admit it but look for some little loop hole or out.
You are not an honest debater but a skank. And on to Iggy you go. I dont have time for such people.

Oh well, I gave it one last try at having a real discussion with you. I can see now that despite my efforts, you never wanted the same. Rather, you'd just continue to insult me and be happy trying to simply "win" an argument. That's ok, at least I know I tried.

#1 the government has ZERO authority to tell me how to live my life, or tell me what I must or must not have. Unless you want them deciding if you can have an abortion, they should not mandate you to have something you probably cant afford

#1 the government has ZERO authority to tell me how to live my life, or tell me what I must or must not have. Unless you want them deciding if you can have an abortion, they should not mandate you to have something you probably cant afford

Wait?? If it doesn't have the authority?? Why are right wingers worried about banning gay marraige?? If they don't have the authority.. Doesn't that little fact make the gay marriage debate somewhat pointless?? Or are you wrong??

As for insurance raising their rates?? If you all were really worried about that, you would have voted for a public option to force the insurance to keep their rates down with some competition.. Since you conservatives didn't want a public option.. There is no reason to complain about rates.. You didn't want to do anything to help fix the problem so why complain about it??

Wait?? If it doesn't have the authority?? Why are right wingers worried about banning gay marraige?? If they don't have the authority.. Doesn't that little fact make the gay marriage debate somewhat pointless?? Or are you wrong??

As for insurance raising their rates?? If you all were really worried about that, you would have voted for a public option to force the insurance to keep their rates down with some competition.. Since you conservatives didn't want a public option.. There is no reason to complain about rates.. You didn't want to do anything to help fix the problem so why complain about it??

Does gov't have the authority to regulate marriage? Would seem so. Does gov't have the authority to tell me I must buy a financial product? Seems not.
So your comparison is wrong from the start.

Public option would not have kept costs down. There is no evidence it would. It would merely have resulted in single payer. This is all well established for anyone paying attention. That doesn't include you but I guess they don't give you newspapers in the asylum.

Anyway, outside of the President and congression Democrats who needed to play this up, it was well known that rates were going to go up now.

The increase this year is nothing unusual and is a sign that the HCR bill has done nothing of consequence so far. The difference being that this time they have a pre-packaged excuse for why they're gouging you yet again: Obamacare. The response from the statist thugs imposing ObamaCare was equally predictable

Anyway, outside of the President and congression Democrats who needed to play this up, it was well known that rates were going to go up now.

The increase this year is nothing unusual and is a sign that the HCR bill has done nothing of consequence so far. The difference being that this time they have a pre-packaged excuse for why they're gouging you yet again: Obamacare. The response from the statist thugs imposing ObamaCare was equally predictable

Dunce.
The increases were larger than expected and totally due to mandates from Obamacare. Do you think risk is free? Do you think insurers can give away product for nothing?

Dunce.
The increases were larger than expected and totally due to mandates from Obamacare. Do you think risk is free? Do you think insurers can give away product for nothing?

So you think a program that would have increased their number of clients, would make an insurance company have to raise their rates?

If you own a restaurant, and you say double the amount of customers you are getting, paying customers I might add. The insurance companies will be charging the government, for covering their new customers. Would you be forced to raise your prices?
Obamacare is mostly providing insurance for people, through private plans. These insurance companies are going to have millions of new customers. How is the bad for them again?

Dunce.

So you think a program that would have increased their number of clients, would make an insurance company have to raise their rates?

If you own a restaurant, and you say double the amount of customers you are getting, paying customers I might add. The insurance companies will be charging the government, for covering their new customers. Would you be forced to raise your prices?
Obamacare is mostly providing insurance for people, through private plans. These insurance companies are going to have millions of new customers. How is the bad for them again?

Dunce. There is no individual mandate until 2014. But mandated coverage starts this year. Rates are increasing because coverage is mandated to increase.

Yes. A woman on O'Reilly explained that the companies can no longer deny or require a co-pay for preventative tests like MRIs and conolonscopies and whatnot. So not only are they being gypped out of the small co-pay, they are preparing for 30 million new tests that are now "free".

It cracks me up when people use the word "free".

Forum List

Back