Health Insurers Raise Rates Because of Obamacare

LOL, and what would have happened to the rates had the healthcare bill not been passed? Of course, they are going to say they have to raise rates because of Obamacare, Insurance companies were the biggest opponents to the bill! So, now they have perfect scapegoat when they jack up their rates, even though they were going up regardless, just like they have been for years.

The healthcare bill fell far short of containing costs, but to actually believe that the rates are only going up because of "Obamacare" is ridiculous.

Actually insurers SUPPORTED the bill.
Rates rose explicitly because of mandates in the bill. Had the bill not been passed they would not have risen nearly as much.

Some facts in your next post would be a welcome change.

Rates rose explicitly because of mandates in the bill. Had the bill not been passed they would not have risen nearly as much.

LOL, says the guy who makes outlandish claims without posting any evidence to back up this post. And just the fact that you actually believe that Insurance companies support the bill shows me enough about your intelligence. I'm done with this thread.

LOL, says the guy who makes outlandish claims without posting any evidence to back up this post. And just the fact that you actually believe that Insurance companies support the bill shows me enough about your intelligence. I'm done with this thread.

Good Lord! Will you shut the fuck and read something so you don't sound like a total ignorant simp?
Fascist Soup Big Pharma And Insurance Industry Lobby Heavily For Obamacare
http://washingtonindependent.com/64497/insurance-lobby-we-do-want-health-reform-promise

Last edited:
No wonder you're done with this thread. You've been:
PWNED!.JPG

I know I said I was done with this thread, but I HAD to comment that apparently reading fascistsoup.com would make me informed and less of a simp. Thanks for the laugh....honestly.

I know I said I was done with this thread, but I HAD to comment that apparently reading fascistsoup.com would make me informed and less of a simp. Thanks for the laugh....honestly.

There were actually two links there.
But if you have something--anything--to show health insurers resisted Obamacare tooth and nail then please post it.
But you can't. Because they didn't. They were onboard, smelling a new pool of healthy insureds that would make for revenue flow.

You are an uninformed turd of continental proportions.

LOL, and what would have happened to the rates had the healthcare bill not been passed? Of course, they are going to say they have to raise rates because of Obamacare, Insurance companies were the biggest opponents to the bill! So, now they have perfect scapegoat when they jack up their rates, even though they were going up regardless, just like they have been for years.

The healthcare bill fell far short of containing costs, but to actually believe that the rates are only going up because of "Obamacare" is ridiculous.

and your link to truth is where?

and your link to truth is where?

Fuggedaboutit!
Once he's been unmasked as an ignoramus his only choices are admit he's wrong, insist he's right despite all the evidence, or disappear. And #1 ain't happening.

How much are your monthy dues to the idiot's club?

How much are your monthy dues to the idiot's club?

It's free. He makes them all look so darned smart they're happy to comp him.

This isn't an article about mandates on insurers, it's a populist anti-insurance company screed (complete with indignation at the compensation packages received by insurance industry executives and insurer profits).

Not that health insurance companies ever needed an excuse to raise rates, but in 2010 many of them are blaming changes in health care law for the dramatic rise in premiums. [...]

Unfortunately, the truth is that this is nothing new. Many health insurance companies have been increasing health insurance premiums by double-digit percentages year after year after year even as they continue to reel in record profits.

In particular, health insurance companies seem to love to stick it to small businesses and the self-employed.

According to an article on the Mother Jones website, health insurance premiums for small employers increased 180% between 1999 and 2009.

The greed of the health insurance companies seems to know no bounds. For example, the 39% hike that Anthem Blue Cross sent some California customers last year made headlines across the nation. But executives defended the dramatic premium hikes as perfectly justifiable.

It actually laments at one point that "Well, as it turns out, the new health care law does not give the federal government much regulatory power at all to prevent premium increases." The author wants more regulatory authority to deny what he sees as predatory rate hikes (he clearly likes state laws requiring prior approval for increases from state regulators). And he shall have it.

Did you actually read this beyond the title? This is an attack from the left.

Last edited:
I have never got this. Insurance companies are going to have how many more customers?
A business that raises their rates due to more business, doesn't seem like a good business or corporation to me.

I have never got this. Insurance companies are going to have how many more customers?
A business that raises their rates due to more business, doesn't seem like a good business or corporation to me.

Having to insure just one person who is already ill;such as someone with cancer; requires hundreds if not more healthy individuals who won't use their insurance, that's why.

Last edited:

Here's what you don't get little twitness.. pay attention now, mama is gonna splain it to you one more time. Insurance companies are gonna get 30 million more customers. Thirty million,, yep, a goodly number of whom cannot pay for their insurance. The rates on gonna go up on the rest of us. Did you feel a synapse there yet? Hello?

This isn't an article about mandates on insurers, it's a populist anti-insurance company screed (complete with indignation at the compensation packages received by insurance industry executives and insurer profits).

Not that health insurance companies ever needed an excuse to raise rates, but in 2010 many of them are blaming changes in health care law for the dramatic rise in premiums. [...]

Unfortunately, the truth is that this is nothing new. Many health insurance companies have been increasing health insurance premiums by double-digit percentages year after year after year even as they continue to reel in record profits.

In particular, health insurance companies seem to love to stick it to small businesses and the self-employed.

According to an article on the Mother Jones website, health insurance premiums for small employers increased 180% between 1999 and 2009.

The greed of the health insurance companies seems to know no bounds. For example, the 39% hike that Anthem Blue Cross sent some California customers last year made headlines across the nation. But executives defended the dramatic premium hikes as perfectly justifiable.

It actually laments at one point that "Well, as it turns out, the new health care law does not give the federal government much regulatory power at all to prevent premium increases." The author wants more regulatory authority to deny what he sees as predatory rate hikes (he clearly likes state laws requiring prior approval for increases from state regulators). And he shall have it.

Yes it is. And anyone who says "insurance companies fought Obamacare" are neither Left nor Right. They are merely ignorant, like RDD1210.

Yes it is. And anyone who says "insurance companies fought Obamacare" are neither Left nor Right. They are merely ignorant, like RDD1210.

Yep, Obama regularly trumpeted the fact the BIG insurance was on his side.

Forum List

Back