Health Care Is A Right Not a Privilege!

Here in the US, we pay but we don't get.

of course thats idiotic.

1) the USA is the worlds policemen so we get peace, as does much of the world

2) we have Republican capitalism so are rich compared to Europe which cant defend itself and which has the standard of living of Arkansas, about our poorest state.

Isn't learning fun?

of course thats idiotic.

2) we have Republican capitalism so are rich compared to Europe which cant defend itself and which has the standard of living of Arkansas, about our poorest state.

Isn't learning fun?

1) Is that why the fourth consecutive president has sent our military to Iraq? If it were true that making war brings peace, there would be no wars anywhere on the planet.

2) You really need to travel because its obvious you've never been to Europe.

What adds to this is the assumption that since hospitals/ER provide care unconditionally, and taxpayers already pay for this, then the regulations set up were attempts to hold people responsible for their own health care costs such as by requiring insurance.

unfortunately this doesn't solve the problems but makes them worse.
instead of holding the people responsible who are INCURRING costs to the public, the liberal legislation took rights and liberties away from law-abiding citizens without first proving by due process that any such people committed crimes or had any intent of dumping more costs on the public than these citizens pay in.

The first problem, is that the entire premise if false. It is not automatic, that a person who gets treatment at a hospital, is costing the tax payers. I went to the hospital without insurance, and got something called "a bill". I then did something known as "paying the bill".

The BBC did a documentary on Obama care, and discovered numerous people who were paying their own health care bills, and now thanks to ObamaCare, are on government programs, costing tax payers money.

So the entire left-wing premise if false from the start. ObamaCare has done more to increase the cost to tax payers, than reduce it.

one side does not want to pay for war and destroying infrastructure when govt funding could be used to pay for hospital development and health care.

We have already tried that. It's called the "VA system", and it sucks. If I have to choose between my tax money going to the military, which is the fundamental duty of the Federal government, and bad socialized health care, I'll choose the military every single time.

why can't both parties pay for health care by redirecting taxes that they don't want to waste on problems that can be solved instead? why not let all parties pay for health care by reducing or preventing waste or abuses in areas they deem wasteful?

do we really expect to pay for things all the same way?
why not let each party take on problems of govt abuse and waste,
solve those problems, and redirect those funds to pay for health care, education etc.

why not let all approaches work together to solve the problems of waste
and let people pay their taxes into whatever programs they believe are cost effective

who says it all has to be done the same way?

Because when you talk about "waste and govt abuse", all of those things, the other side thinks are great wonderful and a benefit.

For example, I believe that Wind Power is a complete waste. The other side, thinks that the Holy Totems of Power are wonderful.

There is no reconciling these two views. One side has to win, and the other has to lose.

Further, no matter how much we clean out the waste, there will always be waste. Always. Waste is inherent to government.

The only way to eliminate waste from say, medicare... is to eliminate medicare. You will never reach a point where Medicare is waste free. Can't happen. First, there is no "Purity Party", where we can vote for Heavenly Angels, who are perfect, and operate purely on the good of society, instead of partisanship and self interest. Second, even if there was such a party, waste in inherent to very system of government.

Even if you elected *ME* as head of some government agency, it wouldn't make any real difference. Even if my whole goal was to eliminate waste, you have to remember, every year I show money left over, congress is going to cut funding. Now that sounds great, and to me that's wonderful because I'm trying to cut waste.....

But what about all of the people under me? What about all my department heads? What about all my employees? Their entire goal is to prevent those cuts. They want more money, and more raises, and more employees. They have every incentive to make sure there is no money left over at the end of the year. If they have an extra $1,000, they are going to find something to blow it on. Hard to make the case to congress that you need more money, when you have leftover cash.

My entire agency is going to be working 100% against me cutting out the waste.

Do you get the problem? It sounds really easy "just cut waste and use the money to fund health care". That works great in the movies.... simply not true in reality. "Dave" was a great movie, but it was a horrible portrayal of reality. That's why it's not in the Documentary section, but rather the Fiction section.

Last edited:

of course thats idiotic.

Isn't learning fun?

1) Is that why the fourth consecutive president has sent our military to Iraq? If it were true that making war brings peace, there would be no wars anywhere on the planet.

No, I have been to Europe. He is exactly right. Obviously you are the one who has not been there, or you didn't learn much while there, OR you are a rich person, and hung out with rich people, that has a better standard of living than the average European.

For you to even remotely imply Europeans have the same standard of living as the average American, is ridiculous. You simply don't know what you are talking about.

If it were true that making war brings peace, there would be no wars anywhere on the planet.

dear, we don't make war we defend people from liberal genocide: Hitler Stalin Mao Tojo Pol Pot Saddam, ISIS.

See why we are positive liberalism is based in pure ignorance. The liberal would encourage genocide with his total deadly ignorance.

If it were true that making war brings peace, there would be no wars anywhere on the planet.

dear, we don't make war we defend people from liberal genocide: Hitler Stalin Mao Tojo Pol Pot Saddam, ISIS.

See why we are positive liberalism is based in pure ignorance. The liberal would encourage genocide with his total deadly ignorance.

Dear, you're still full of shit but my question is, for a "published author", and that is what you wrote, why can't you use 6th grade punctuation or find your shift key?

Dear, you're still full of shit but my question is, for a "published author", and that is what you wrote, why can't you use 6th grade punctuation or find your shift key?

8th argumentum ad hominem from typical liberal without IQ for substance

Ok... that's an interesting insight. Is that what "right" means to you? Paid for by taxes?

more specificially they feel they have the right to tax other people or steal from other people to pay for their health care.

I mean what I wrote.

As I have said before, after WWII, other countries raised their taxes and then spent the money on their people.

The US raised taxes but spent it on the military which, in turn, made the rich richer.

Let me advance a not-very-original, but extremely accurate, idea.

If you think what those other countries did and became after WWII was so much better and richer and more wonderful than this country, pick one and GO LIVE THERE.

But please try to understand that not everyone thinks your idea of "wonderful" is the right one, and we really, REALLY do not need or want your "wisdom" on the subject imposed on us so that we have to "enjoy" your "utopia" with you. And no, we AREN'T going to realize how right and brilliant you were once you've managed to forcibly impose your dreams on us. We're still going to think you're a dribbling ass clown whose ideas suck.

Deal with it, and bon voyage.

of course thats idiotic.

Isn't learning fun?

That's like saying if washing dishes brought a clean kitchen, the kitchen would never be dirty.

YOU are the one who really needs to travel . . . on a one-way ticket. Get this through your vacuum-stuffed, rock skull: we don't WANT to be convinced of the wonders of Europe. We don't WANT to be sold on how fantasmagorical it would be if we would all just submit to your fantasy of how much better the US would be if we emulated Europe. WE DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN EUROPE. If that's what you want, go do it and stop trying to force everyone else to "enjoy" your fantasyland.

Really? You and your run-on sentence want to challenge someone else on grammar? Good to know you're as delusional about your "stellar" English skills as you are about your non-existent intelligence.

Ok... that's an interesting insight. Is that what "right" means to you? Paid for by taxes?

more specificially they feel they have the right to tax other people or steal from other people to pay for their health care.

I mean what I wrote.

As I have said before, after WWII, other countries raised their taxes and then spent the money on their people.

The US raised taxes but spent it on the military which, in turn, made the rich richer.

Apologies, because I know it wasn't the thrust of your post, but what I found most interesting was the conflation of 'right' with something 'paid for with taxes'. Is it fair to assume that most of the comments we see here stating that health is, or should be, a right are simply saying that health care is something we should pay for with taxes?

That would make more sense, but it's sad to see the word 'right', which usually means something more specific in political discussions, misused in that way.

I mean what I wrote.

Anyway, to address the actual point of your post, the US doesn't spend money on its people because, here, government doesn't own the people. It's the other way around. We pay taxes, not to "get" stuff but rather, to protect our rights.

I mean what I wrote.

Anyway, to address the actual point of your post, the US doesn't spend money on its people because, here, government doesn't own the people. It's the other way around. We pay taxes, not to "get" stuff but rather, to protect our rights.

as if the civilized world would exist without Republicans doing simple little things like winning world wars with our huge military?

I mean what I wrote.

as if the civilized world would exist without Republicans doing simple little things like winning world wars with our huge military?

What???

What???

luddy liberal said we wasted our money on the military for benefit of rich when in fact our military has been the source of civilization on earth for everyone person on earth.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back