Health Care Is A Right Not a Privilege!

Health Care Is A Right Not a Privilege!

Let's be clear. Our health care system is disintegrating. Today, 46 million people have no health insurance and even more are underinsured with high deductibles and co-payments. At a time when 60 million people, including many with insurance, do not have access to a medical home, more than 18,000 Americans die every year from preventable illnesses because they do not get to the doctor when they should. This is six times the number who died at the tragedy of 9/11 - but this occurs every year.

In the midst of this horrendous lack of coverage, the U.S. spends far more per capita on health care than any other nation - and health care costs continue to soar. At $2.4 trillion dollars, and 18 percent of our GDP, the skyrocketing cost of health care in this country is unsustainable both from a personal and macro-economic perspective.

Sen. Bernie Sanders: Health Care Is a Right, Not a Privilege

Disagree. Much as I support free healthcare (assuming the government pays for it since it's taxing us, and then it's like roads and other infrastructure) I don't agree it's a right. If you get sick or injured and want someone to fix it for you that costs something. You have no human right to demand another person treat you and incur whatever costs they may. That'd be infringing on their rights. Effectviely making them slaves.

I support free healthcare (assuming the government pays for it since it's taxing us, and then it's like roads and other infrastructure)

Really.

You do understand that the US tax rate would easily have to double, to accomplish this? You really think an additional 25% of your income confiscated in taxes, is cheaper than the cost of health insurance?

And have we not seen the results of government run health care with the VA? You really want that system imposed on everyone?

New Topics

Forum List

Back