Heading back home tomorrow!

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
Well, it's time to head back home to Maine tomorrow, with kitty in tow.

We've been here over 3 months.....with lovely weather pretty much the whole time. Florida winters are pretty much on par with Maine summers!

My parents and older sister are all doing fine! My mom, at 87, looks terrific....I mean really terrific....you can tell she's still going to be around at 100! My dad turned 90 and he's doing good considering his age, but he walks like an old man.... he denies such!!!

They just built a small home across the street from their big home that backs up to my older sister's home, and have been spending near every day over at the bigger home cleaning it out and finding a home for the stuff that would t fit in their new smaller home....

Needless to say, Matt and I got a lot of it, so we had to rent a mini van for the drive home.... We pick that up today and will fill it as much as we can...

Plan to leave by 9am tomorrow and spend 3 nights to get back home.

We missed a heck of a winter with several days of sub zero in Maine....left the heat running, but emptied the water lines and stuff, just in case we lost power....

We're hoping all is still in tact! :eek:

We've been here over 3 months.....with lovely weather pretty much the whole time. Florida winters are pretty much on par with Maine summers!

My parents and older sister are all doing fine! My mom, at 87, looks terrific....I mean really terrific....you can tell she's still going to be around at 100! My dad turned 90 and he's doing good considering his age, but he walks like an old man.... he denies such!!!

They just built a small home across the street from their big home that backs up to my older sister's home, and have been spending near every day over at the bigger home cleaning it out and finding a home for the stuff that would t fit in their new smaller home....

Needless to say, Matt and I got a lot of it, so we had to rent a mini van for the drive home.... We pick that up today and will fill it as much as we can...

We missed a heck of a winter with several days of sub zero in Maine....left the heat running, but emptied the water lines and stuff, just in case we lost power....

Try not to get blown off the bridge and into the river on 95 just south of the Havre deGrace MD exit. Very windy on the east coast and when they have that high wind warning light flashing on that bridge,it is an understatement.

Are you taking any gators home?

Are you taking any gators home?
A couple of Florida Gators Tshirts, one for Matt and one for his orthopedic surgeon who did his rotator cuff and bicep surgery back in Maine....she went to the university of Florida, and then medical school at the university of Miami.... :)

Safe traveling!

Car rental gave us a Toyota Siena and it's a hybrid and big! And it will save us big-time on gasoline!

Enjoy your parents while you can and don’t assume they’ll be around for years to come. My mom was doing great too at 90, then boom gone. Stroke or heart attack took her in an instant, which was the death she wished for.

Florida is nice but too hot even in winter, and way too many people. Plus they must be the worst fucking drivers in the country.

Yay!!! We are in Maine!!! About 2 1/2 hours away, from home!

Easy cruising from here on out... light highway traffic!

Virginia, DC, Maryland, and NYC were a nightmare!

We almost got killed once....truly!!! Long story, tell it later...

Death's door! I could make a fortune with my scream selling it to Hollywood, Matt said, if it had been recorded! :eek:

Guardian angels exist, I swear they do.

Hope the house is ok, no busted waterline from below freezing temps! Fingers crossed!

Oh, the kitty is a champion traveler! She loves it!!!!!!! Knows the routine...loves checking in new hotels too.... i hope she's excited to be home, when we get there!

Got home safely.

Kitty was happy to be home, had to check both putside and inside to make certain nothing changed! She's so cute and such a good traveling kitty!

No pipes busted, no animal break in, water lines good, dish tv turned back on, same with internet and phone was turned back on... was not invaded by critters either. Matt's car started right up, even after sitting for four months, again, with no critter invasion of ground squirrel trying to live in it for the winter,

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY,

my darling deer friend, Lady Batman, and her two babies...Rudolph and Clarice showed up at my kitchen window!!! She and kids in tow, remembered me, and survived the brutal winter without Matt and me feeding her and family!!!

I could not believe she showed up on our first day back
I was praying and hoping she would, and we stopped and bought apples on the way home, just in case....thank goodness!

We have the mini van rental till friday...we unloaded our stuff, but all the stuff my parents and sister gave us is still in it until I can figure out where to put it all.

The car, the Toyota Siena hybrid was a dream...smooth ride...used very little gas and ran on the rechargeable batteries half the time, yet lots of power....

We liked it a lot! Enough to look up the cost... then, our bubble of excitement burst....$49 fricking thousand dollars!!!! Holy moly, mother of goodness! That's a lot for a minivan!

Well, 6 months later, and my precious little travelling kitty girl is dead. :(

She died of mouth cancer, Oct 13th at 4:05 pm.

We miss her so much....it's hard to explain how much she occupied our lives the past 13 years and gave us joy!

We are grateful for the awesome time we were able to spend with her on our family travelling adventure!

Dear Lord, I miss her....I miss her.....I miss her....I miss my sweet little kitty girl!

:206:

We miss her so much....it's hard to explain how much she occupied our lives the past 13 years and gave us joy!

We are grateful for the awesome time we were able to spend with her on our family travelling adventure!

Dear Lord, I miss her....I miss her.....I miss her....I miss my sweet little kitty girl!

It is always crushing when you lose a beloved pet

The emptiness is overwhelming

Sincere condolences. Loss of a beloved pet is extremely difficult.

Forum List

Back