Headaches - how do you know the cause?

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
I have had headaches and had no clue what the cause -- was so not sure what to take.

For example:

If it's a sinus headache, sinus medication (Advil Cold & Sinus etc.)
If it's an allergy headache, allergy medication (Allegra etc.)
If it's a tension headache, a muscle relaxer? (Flexeril etc.)
Or if unknown, just go for your favorite pain reliever (Excedrin, etc.)

I can never tell which mine is. So not sure which drug to take cause I don't want to take all of them back to back.....

I have had headaches and had no clue what the cause -- was so not sure what to take.

For example:

I can never tell which mine is. So not sure which drug to take cause I don't want to take all of them back to back.....
You sound like a pharmacist...

For example:

You sound like a pharmacist...

I'm serious though how the fuck do you know? I think this asshole headache I have finally is going away but never could find the drug to make it disappear! (I actually know WHY I had the headache now, but, still have no clue what I could have taken for it!

It depends on the location and type of pain. Stress headache is different from allergy headache, for example. Google should be able to explain it better.

I don't really want answers (well I do if they are easy) - just bitching .. wondering if I'm the only one that struggles with this... I don't get many headaches but I HATE THEM!

I don't really want answers (well I do if they are easy) - just bitching .. wondering if I'm the only one that struggles with this... I don't get many headaches but I HATE THEM!
I do. I used to get actual migraines, but that has stopped. My ex caused me to start getting stress headaches. It would hurt the left side of my head and run down to my neck. The only thing that would help them was a little bud and an oxy that was prescribed by my doctor. It was a small dose but that was all I needed. I HATE taking prescription medicine. Pill highs make me sick..
Anyways, advil and BC are the best over counter IMO. They aren't good for you, but neither are bad headaches.

Headaches toward the front of the head, into forehead and eye area, are usually sinus. Allergy headaches can be similar to sinus headaches. Stress, tension are usually near the base of the head. Migraines actually affect the eyes, sensitivity to light, auras, pulsating pain, off to one side of the head. High blood pressure can cause you to feel like the top of the head is going to blow off.

Good luck.

Last edited:

For example:

Most headaches are just constricted blood vessels. So a blood thinner like aspirin, or pain reliever will work just fine regardless of what caused it.

The various headache pills are basiclly the same. Read the ingrediants of regular Exerdrin and Exedrin fro Migraines - they're identical. :) 250mgs of aspirin, 250mgs of acetominophen, 65mgs of caffeine (acts as an enhancer) in both.

For example:

Most headaches are just constricted blood vessels. So a blood thinner like aspirin, or pain reliever will work just fine regardless of what caused it.

The various headache pills are basiclly the same. Read the ingrediants of regular Exerdrin and Exedrin fro Migraines - they're identical. :) 250mgs of aspirin, 250mgs of acetominophen, 65mgs of caffeine (acts as an enhancer) in both.

2 baby aspirins didn't touch this bad boy last night... guess I needed something stronger, but, it's all better now. I thought I was going to die last night!

For example:

2 baby aspirins didn't touch this bad boy last night... guess I needed something stronger, but, it's all better now. I thought I was going to die last night!

For a run of the mill headache I take a couple Exedrins. For a non-localized 'in my head, but is it a 'headache'?' I'll take a couple Naproxyn Sodiums.

Asprin will help blood flow through constricted blood vessels, acet. will turn off some pain receptors. If I'm unsure as to the cause, naproxyn's much more potent for unknown sources of pain shutting off even more receptors.

Always found some understanding of what's happening in the body when we have pain liek a headache helps to visualize the problem and thus fix it. If you have a standard headache, thinking about constricted blood vessels helps overcomethe pain. Just as when you think about pain and ask yourself what that sensation is, why am I having it, why do I interpret it as unpleasant, can help. :)

For example:

As they said in "GI Jane" "pain is the body's way of telling you you're still alive." :) It's when pain stops you should worry :)

I'm serious though how the fuck do you know? I think this asshole headache I have finally is going away but never could find the drug to make it disappear! (I actually know WHY I had the headache now, but, still have no clue what I could have taken for it!
You could take me but it would be a toss-up

That would send me into a tailspin...

Coulda fooled me, I thought everybody liked them...

Glad it is better.

For example:

For example:

describe the symptoms. keep a journal, including foods you eat- might be a food allergy.

For example:

Essentially headaches are either vascular or neurological in origin. If you keep having them on a regular basis ; you should see a doctor.

I get them about twice or three times a month. Rapid and sudden onset - in the temple region. At times they bring tears to my eyes at onset....they hurt so bad. They last about 30 to 40 min, then go away .

What triggers the headaches is most likely the cure - dust, noise, light, foods, and other reasons.

Shadow 355

Forum List

Back