He Does It Again: Obama Omits Creator From Declaration Of Independence For Third Time

I know some will see it as trivial but... it really isn't. Once we allow the removal of 'their Creator' from the document, then sooner or later, the Government can take those rights away.

And if Peter Pan forgets his happy thought he'll fall right out of the sky.

Structures protect rights, not words. And the Constitution was written very purposefully to put in place structural safeguards against that (including implementing some of the principles of Montesquieu). And more than one of those safeguards relies heavily on periodic popular elections to keep it honest. If those safeguards fail, it's because you have either a defective electorate or some fatal flaw exists in the structural framework erected by the Constitution. It's not because we forgot God is watching. Even atheists--or anyone else whose personal political philosophy doesn't derive from scripture--are allowed to stand for office in this country.

And yet those structures are actually facilitating destruction of the very document that creates them.

Agnostic as I may be, the deist undercurrent of the founders is only ignored by those who wish for those all-too-conveniently placed ellipsis to be inferred differently from the given intent.

Were the speaker someone with an (R) by their name indulging in the same type of omission-by-design, I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear such righteous, and justified, indignation from the likes of you.

No the word creator was only added to the declaration because the source of those creator granted rights was the same as the "Divine right of Kings" that the monarchs had all relied upon for their authority: GAWD.

The use of the word in the declaration was merely intended to add legitimacy to it's content, not a statement of the author's deism.

^^^^ That is true. It was the founders way of reminding future Governments that they cannot take those rights away, because they didn't grant them in the first place.

I know some will see it as trivial but... it really isn't. Once we allow the removal of 'their Creator' from the document, then sooner or later, the Government can take those rights away.

Know this: Over our cold, dead bodies, Mr President. (And that's not for Obama, it is for any President - now or in the future)

In Truth the Only defense we have against the Tyranny of the State is Unalienable Right. Maybe that is why the State tries so hard to convince the idiot's among us that they are imaginary.

plus no one removed anything from any document...quit yer bitchin

he's a constitutional attorney. He has apparently done this three times. Do the math.

I do...reality.

I think Sarah had many Independent ideas. She was Governor of probably the most Independent and self sufficient State in the Union. I don't agree with all of her views, yet I respect them. She has earned respect, children. Play nice now, no biting, scratching, hitting , kicking, or spitting. :lol: :lol: :lol:

plus no one removed anything from any document...quit yer bitchin

he's a constitutional attorney. He has apparently done this three times. Do the math.

I do...reality.

No one - not even the fucking Messiah Obama - is above that document. It is what this nation was built on - not him, not any of them. They are just men. As I said, 'over our cold, dead bodies'. I dislike when anyone misquotes the Constitution.... and, as President, he really should know better.

Forum List

Back