Hawks At Ravens

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
If the Seattle Seahawks play like they have in their last two games it is unlikely any team left on the schedule except it's last game at Arizona can be a loss.

Honestly I haven't watched any Ravens games on the NFL Game Pass but I will.

More later.

Man O Man was THAT painful.

I watched the Ravens and the Rams take turns trying to out do each other in ineptness.

From the bazillion flags to the turnovers somewhere in there an awful football game happened. Thankfully after two missed last minute FGs one by each team Bal finally got one through.

This one shouldn't be close.

Minnesota is a better team than the Ravens.

I haven't seen Flacco play for a while. It's hard to believe he won a Super Bowl. He threw maybe 3-4 passes for more than 20 yards and none of them was any where near his receivers. He did get intercepted on at least one of them...maybe THAT should have counted for him. He throws a lot of short passes equally badly. The only way they got any yards at all was that the Rams have forgotten how to tackle.

If the Seattle Seahawks play like they have in their last two games it is unlikely any team left on the schedule except it's last game at Arizona can be a loss.

More later.

yep.thats what I was thinking.The Ravens are so horrible this year this should be an easy one for them.Like i said,IF your Hawks can score a lot of points against the cards,they'll have me convinced their offense is clicking again the fact the Cards have a great defense.

btw been meaning to ask WTF happened to your Hawks defense against the steelers? I mean come on i Know Big Ben is a good quarterback and all but that was in seattle and yet your Hawks STILL got toasted for over 30 points or something having their tails saved only because the offense had its best day of the season?:confused:o_O

More later.

yep.thats what I was thinking.The Ravens are so horrible this year this should be an easy one for them.Like i said,IF your Hawks can score a lot of points against the cards,they'll have me convinced their offense is clicking again the fact the Cards have a great defense.

btw been meaning to ask WTF happened to your Hawks defense against the steelers? I mean come on i Know Big Ben is a good quarterback and all but that was in seattle and yet your Hawks STILL got toasted for over 30 points or something having their tails saved only because the offense had its best day of the season?:confused:o_O

The Steelers #11 is a very good receiver. He just managed to get open..not wide open but open enough for Rothlesburger to thread needles over and over. Ben just had a great day passing the ball. That #11 got over 200 yards. Once in a blue moon a QB like Ben can't miss. That was his day. The bottom line is that Wilson stood tall and won the game in a shoot out. Both QBs just flat put on a clinic.

I haven't seen Flacco play for a while. It's hard to believe he won a Super Bowl. He threw maybe 3-4 passes for more than 20 yards and none of them was any where near his receivers. He did get intercepted on at least one of them...maybe THAT should have counted for him. He throws a lot of short passes equally badly. The only way they got any yards at all was that the Rams have forgotten how to tackle.

Flacco is on a season ending IR list and won't play again until next year. 2nd string Matt Schaub (questionable) hasn't practiced this week and may not play against Seattle leaving third string Jimmy Clausen as the starter if Schaub doesn't play.
Also Bryn Renner who is currently on the Ravens practice squad is a possibility.

Justin Forsett has a broken arm and Steve Smith Sr both very good players for the Ravens will not play.

Seattle is basically very healthy and will beat the Ravens, just as they beat the Vikings last week, also I might add in a romp.

Flacco is on a season ending IR list and won't play again until next year. 2nd string Matt Schaub (questionable) hasn't practiced this week and may not play against Seattle leaving third string Jimmy Clausen as the starter if Schaub doesn't play.
Also Bryn Renner who is currently on the Ravens practice squad is a possibility.

Justin Forsett has a broken arm and Steve Smith Sr both very good players for the Ravens will not play.

Seattle is basically very healthy and will beat the Ravens, just as they beat the Vikings last week, also I might add in a romp.

The word "romp" just doesn't fit in my mind when talking about these behemoths that make up most of the NFL.

Isn't "romp" what children do? NFL players swear and sock each other in the nuts at the bottom of those piles that occur.

How about we just agree that the Hawks will win "going away".

Too bad for Flacco and Forsett. It seems like the Ravens are snake-bit this season.

Seattle fans will have to thank the Cardinals for making Seattle the number one wild card if they can beat the Ravens this weekend. Hmmm, lets see if the wild cards (Seahawks first/Vikings second) finish that way, Seattle would play the winner (really?) of the NFC East, which Washington is leading right now, in the wild card playoff game..

The Ravens are missing their first string QB and their second string QB. Ouch!

They are missing their #1 running back Forsett

They are missing their go to receiver Steve Smith.

Claussen will be the QB. He is so turn over prone that he will most likely just be handing the ball off all day to second string RBs.

This Raven Offense will go up against the 2nd rated Hawk Defense.

On the other hand the now high flying Hawk Offense will be facing the 13th rated Raven Defense.

On paper or any other medium of communication for that matter it doesn't look good for Baltimore.

But..??? as they say "On any given Sunday"..

[

The word "romp" just doesn't fit in my mind when talking about these behemoths that make up most of the NFL.

Isn't "romp" what children do? NFL players swear and sock each other in the nuts at the bottom of those piles that occur.

Too bad for Flacco and Forsett. It seems like the Ravens are snake-bit this season.

Yes in a romp...the Ravens game will be like child's play for Seattle as they can take the top wild card and give Arizona something to think about.

Seattle last four games are very winnable against the Ravens and then the Rams and Browns at home before finishing at Arizona. The Cardinals on the other hand have the Eagles on the road then the Packers and Seattle at home. Unlikely but possible and if the Seahawks coud win out and the Cardinals lose out they would be tied both for the NFC West title and both would be 4-2 against NFC West opponents...not sure what would be the tie breaker if that happened. Does anyone know that answer?

[

Yes in a romp...the Ravens game will be like child's play for Seattle as they can take the top wild card and give Arizona something to think about.

Seattle last four games are very winnable against the Ravens and then the Rams and Browns at home before finishing at Arizona. The Cardinals on the other hand have the Eagles on the road then the Packers and Seattle at home. Unlikely but possible and if the Seahawks coud win out and the Cardinals lose out they would be tied both for the NFC West title and both would be 4-2 against NFC West opponents...not sure what would be the tie breaker if that happened. Does anyone know that answer?

Doesn't matter really for Seattle. In all likely hood the Hawks would against the NFC East or maybe Carolina if they somehow slip to the second wild card. AZ would go up North against the Packers or the Vikings I believe. Carolina would get a bye in the first round I think if I remember right from the last two seasons.

I am looking forward to the Hawks playing the Panthers. Our new D-Lineman Frank Clark is faster than Newton. He is a rookie that just within the last few games has developed veteran skills. I've got a feeling we would embarrass the Panthers again in their own stadium. They played us up here before we had worked out some of our problems. Even then we only lost by a FG and led in the 4th qtr. The Panthers have been pretty much the same team all season and the Hawks have improved immensely since we saw them up here.

Another thing is that the Panthers don't have much playoff experience. That counts for a lot. The Hawks have had tons of these high pressure games over the last three seasons. You might say that the Seahawks were lucky last year against GB. But in those games you make your own luck.

5 more TD passes for RW. One wonders if he could play better if he wasn't such a midget. Three TDs for Doug Baldwin. Could he have caught 4-5 if he wasn't so angry?

No TDs for Claussen or the Ravens. He did not disappoint. He played about as well as expected. On a positive note Baltimore did kick two FGs.

Rawls out for season with broken ankle.

Doesn't matter really for Seattle. In all likely hood the Hawks would against the NFC East or maybe Carolina if they somehow slip to the second wild card. AZ would go up North against the Packers or the Vikings I believe. Carolina would get a bye in the first round I think if I remember right from the last two seasons.

I am looking forward to the Hawks playing the Panthers. Our new D-Lineman Frank Clark is faster than Newton. He is a rookie that just within the last few games has developed veteran skills. I've got a feeling we would embarrass the Panthers again in their own stadium. They played us up here before we had worked out some of our problems. Even then we only lost by a FG and led in the 4th qtr. The Panthers have been pretty much the same team all season and the Hawks have improved immensely since we saw them up here.

Another thing is that the Panthers don't have much playoff experience. That counts for a lot. The Hawks have had tons of these high pressure games over the last three seasons. You might say that the Seahawks were lucky last year against GB. But in those games you make your own luck.[/QUOTE]

Like I said...... in a child play romp......

Actually Carolina {#1) and Arizona (#2) gets a first round bye so no one will play them in the first round. (Arizona only has to win one or Seattle lose one to make the Cardinals #2) As it stands right now Seattle (#5)would play the winner (#4) of the NFC East which three teams are still alive, but the Giants have to win tonight to keep up, and only Dallas has been eliminated as of last night's lost to GB. The second wild card which appears to be the Vikings (#6) right now would have to play the #3 team which would be Green bay (again). The only way Seattle and Carolina would meet is if Seattle is the lower seeded team after the wild card games. Its always the higher seeded team meets the lower seeded team no matter in what round the playoff are in. Now if the Vikings beat the Packers they would play the Panthers in the second round...not likely to happen, IMO.

Arizona has a tougher schedule than Seattle, playing the Eagles on the road next followed by the Packers and Seahawks at home, whereas the Hawks have the Browns, Rams at home and the Cardinals in Glendale. It just could come down to that last game and It could become very, very interesting finish.

My only concern now is replacing Rawls....Not sure, but might be wrong, if Harris or Jackson can do that. Some rumor has it that Lynch could be back, maybe for the Arizona game. If not, expect Wilson passing game to pick it up a notch or two, which wouldn't be a stretch as the offensive line has been doing a fantastic job as long as Wilson stays close to the pocket.
Some concern about Seattle pass rush being too inconsistency week to week but against the run another great day as they only give up 28 yards which now is second in the NFL. Russell Wilson also took over the QBR with a 110 for the year and almost three points higher that Carson Palmer's.

5 more TD passes for RW. One wonders if he could play better if he wasn't such a midget. Three TDs for Doug Baldwin. Could he have caught 4-5 if he wasn't so angry?

No TDs for Claussen or the Ravens. He did not disappoint. He played about as well as expected. On a positive note Baltimore did kick two FGs.

Rawls out for season with broken ankle.

Actually Wilson is only one inch shorter than Drew Brees. Wilson plus is the size of his hands. Remember how Dave Krieg had a major fumbling problem? Wilson doesn't because of his hand size.

Another thing is that the Panthers don't have much playoff experience. That counts for a lot. The Hawks have had tons of these high pressure games over the last three seasons. You might say that the Seahawks were lucky last year against GB. But in those games you make your own luck.

Like I said...... in a child play romp......

Actually Carolina {#1) and Arizona (#2) gets a first round bye so no one will play them in the first round. (Arizona only has to win one or Seattle lose one to make the Cardinals #2) As it stands right now Seattle (#5)would play the winner (#4) of the NFC East which three teams are still alive, but the Giants have to win tonight to keep up, and only Dallas has been eliminated as of last night's lost to GB. The second wild card which appears to be the Vikings (#6) right now would have to play the #3 team which would be Green bay (again). The only way Seattle and Carolina would meet is if Seattle is the lower seeded team after the wild card games. Its always the higher seeded team meets the lower seeded team no matter in what round the playoff are in. Now if the Vikings beat the Packers they would play the Panthers in the second round...not likely to happen, IMO.

Arizona has a tougher schedule than Seattle, playing the Eagles on the road next followed by the Packers and Seahawks at home, whereas the Hawks have the Browns, Rams at home and the Cardinals in Glendale. It just could come down to that last game and It could become very, very interesting finish.

My only concern now is replacing Rawls....Not sure, but might be wrong, if Harris or Jackson can do that. Some rumor has it that Lynch could be back, maybe for the Arizona game. If not, expect Wilson passing game to pick it up a notch or two, which wouldn't be a stretch as the offensive line has been doing a fantastic job as long as Wilson stays close to the pocket.
Some concern about Seattle pass rush being too inconsistency week to week but against the run another great day as they only give up 28 yards which now is second in the NFL. Russell Wilson also took over the QBR with a 110 for the year and almost three points higher that Carson Palmer's.[/QUOTE]

Tough schedule??? TOUGH!!!???? We got "Johnnie friggin football" coming to town !!! :lol:

What? I guess you have a reading problem..never said Seattle had a tough schedule....I said......
Arizona has a tougher schedule than Seattle,........
Did that statement create some kind of mind altering problem?

I'm having a hard time seeing how AZ's schedule is harder than Seattle's. Their schedules are almost identical as far as difficulty as far as I can tell.

They both had and have tough games many against the same out of division opponents. The Cards beat the Vikes and Pittsburgh by 3 points and the Hawks beat the Steelers by 9 and the Vikings by 31. Now that the Hawks have finally got a decent O-Line In same game opponents the Seahawks are just a lot stronger than AZ.

AZ played the Browns and won 34 to 20 on Nov 1. Let's see how the Browns fare at the Clink. We play AZ in the last regular season game.

The only problem is that most likely the game will be meaningless for the Cardinals and they may be holding out some key players for the playoffs.

The Hawks will probably not be holding anyone out. That really isn't Carroll's style. I've never seen him take a game off.

Really.....Eagles and Green Bay who are leading their divisions are at the same level as two bottom feeders as the Browns and Rams? You know as well as I do that scores in previous game means squat...as injuries and travel makes a big difference.

Forum List

Back