Hawking's Life's Work About to be Falsified

Well, since few of us have the background to make competant judgements as to the accuracy of Crothers paper, we will just have to see how the general physics community accepts it.

Like the general chemistry community accepted quasicrystals? Like the general geology community accepted plate tectonics? Like the general gastrointestinal community accepted the fact that bacteria cause ulcers? People who expect that the general comunity to give up its long held beliefs and dogma in the face of actual proof that they are wrong are stupid. Do you believe a community automatically accepts that its long held beliefs are wrong just the facts say so?

Look at how many long held scientific "facts" have fallen only after decades and in some cases, centuries worth of evidence proving the consensus view wrong had been provided.

The consensus is fat and happy and doesn't give up its dogma easily.

I doubt that. The Scientific Method is all about testing hypotheses, theories and laws. Anyone who tries to fool the community is usually outed in short order as a fraud.

Well, since few of us have the background to make competant judgements as to the accuracy of Crothers paper, we will just have to see how the general physics community accepts it.

Like the general chemistry community accepted quasicrystals? Like the general geology community accepted plate tectonics? Like the general gastrointestinal community accepted the fact that bacteria cause ulcers? People who expect that the general comunity to give up its long held beliefs and dogma in the face of actual proof that they are wrong are stupid. Do you believe a community automatically accepts that its long held beliefs are wrong just the facts say so?

Look at how many long held scientific "facts" have fallen only after decades and in some cases, centuries worth of evidence proving the consensus view wrong had been provided.

The consensus is fat and happy and doesn't give up its dogma easily.

I doubt that. The Scientific Method is all about testing hypotheses, theories and laws. Anyone who tries to fool the community is usually outed in short order as a fraud.

Which explains why Ignaz Semmelweis was hailed as a hero as soon as he explained germs to the medical community, and why no one has ever heard of Louis Pastuer.

The scientific method is a tool that, like all tools, needs to be used to be effective. It is not a magical device that makes sure that scientists never allow their own bias to interfere with dissemination of information.

The margin of error isn't larger than the claimed increase.

Of course it is.

"Of course it is" what? "Of course it is, here is the data that proves it" or just "Of course it is" ?

Feel free to prove that that period in central england is unique in all the history of the entire world. Good luck with that.
It clearly didn't follow global average trends. I'm not sure whether or not that makes it "unique in all the history of the entire world", what do you think?

which altered record are you using?
I'm not using altered records.

Face it, you have been duped and the wheels are falling off your crazy train. Get off while you have some face left to save.

Is "you're wrong" really all you have to offer?

I chuckle everytime I hear on the news a story begin with....

"Scientists NOW believe ...... " Just those 2 words in conjunctions tell you a lot about the process.

If someone SUCCEEDs in overturning Hawkings work -- He dies in quiet mental agony. But it doesn't mean he didn't fill the gap until "Scientists believe...." something else. Its a fickle bunch of primadonnas actually...

Oh yeah, science is total crap. Science is just stupid! Since the media is stupid in the way they talk about science, those scientists must just be a bunch of elitists assholes! What have they ever done for us? I don't see the benefit of science anywhere, its STUPID.

Jeez you people can be idiots. Does anyone thing that coaching football is anything like the way ESPN portrays it? Why would you think being a scientists has anything to do with what journalists make headlines with?

Last edited:

So tell us about all of the scientific testing of the AGW hypothesis. Do keep in mind that computer models are not an adequate substitution for actual field and laboratory experiments. So tell us about the rigorous scientific testing that has been done to move the AGW hypothesis up to the level of a theory.

Oh yeah, science is total crap. Science is just stupid! Since the media is stupid in the way they talk about science, those scientists must just be a bunch of elitists assholes! What have they ever done for us? I don't see the benefit of science anywhere, its STUPID.

Finally an accurate description of climate science by a warmer. I thought it woudl never happen. Congratulations.

It's impossible to take seriously anyone who parrots the "no warming!" big lie. The instant you see something as dumb as that, you know you talking to a political cultist, and all you'll ever get from them is the dogma of the far-right-fringe lunatic cult.

As far as Stephen Crothers goes, he's considered to be a bitter crank by everyone in the field. He got kicked out of a Ph.D. program for being an unpleasant crank, so he's now declared everyone in the relativistic physics field is a fraud. According to Crothers, not only is Hawking wrong, but so is Einstein and much of General Relativity. The Big Bang is wrong, the universe is not expanding, there are no black holes, and so on, embracing a lot of the "Electric Universe" pseudoscience.

I can see why denialists love the guy. He runs on the same sort of crank victimhood that they do.

Spoken like a good ole boy. Never mind the fact that he can and has proven them ole boys wrong on numerous occasions and none of them had any rebuttal beyond the favorite response of good ole boys...a fallacious appeal to authority.

General relativity keeps being proven right over and over again. I'll agree that some area's he probably is right, but I don't believe there's a serious challenge to Einstein.

No, he can't prove anyone wrong. He mostly just rages about how he's being oppressed.

Crothers basically starts with some very different assumptions about the topology of the universe, and proceeds from there to invent his own mathematical description of the universe. He's proven everyone wrong all right, but only inside of the mathematical universe he defined.

Trouble is, nothing is that universe matches ours. Crothers can't show even a single example of real observed data that his system explains and the standard system doesn't. In contrast, the standard system explains many, many things successfully. For example, standard general relativity explains the corrections that are put into the GPS system to make it more accurate. Crothers can't explain that, as according to his system, such corrections should add errors to the GPS signal. Hence, no one really cares about Crothers mathturbating off in his own private universe.

Yep,

Gps wouldn't even work. Good post.

Forum List

Back