Hawaiin mega-tsumami

On Friday afternoon at 415 pm a tornado touched down in western Spokane County near Fairchild Air Force Base.

A preliminary storm survey conducted by personnel at National Weather Service Spokane concluded that this tornado ranks as an F0 tornado on the Fujita Scale. The survey team observed shingles blow of roofs, some shallow rooted trees that were uprooted, and damage to two doors on a shed, all indicative of an F0 tornado with peak winds approaching 72 miles per hour.

Tornadoes in Washington are quite rare, with an average of only 1 tornado each year in the state. See http://www.erh.noaa.gov/er/cae/svrwx/tornadobystate.htm for details.

Here is a detailed explanation of the events:

After reviewing the radar data, it concludes that the tornado may have been produced by at least three separate processes acting in conjunction.The dominant one was the cyclonic line-end vortex on the northern end of the N/S "bowing" line segment. This vortex was within the pcpn band, not ahead of it as with classic supercell tornadoes (under updraft and rain-free cloud base). At the time of the tornado, a weak echo region was visible in this vortex.

Another process would be the merging of two separate storm clusters... the southern "bowing" line segment and the more E/W storm to the north (the storm the initial SVR was issued for). This merger could be analogous to a cold front-warm front occlusion...enhancing cyclonic vorticity and rapidly converting horizontal vorticity into vertical vorticity through vortex stretching by the updraft at the point of occlusion.

No tornadoes, eh. LOL
How much damage? You're desperate.

zonemap_4.png

ESTIMATED ASHFALL:
60 Centimetres
DISTANCE FROM BLAST:
200 - 300 KM
MAJOR TOWNS:
Salt Lake City, Boise
POPULATION:
11 million
POPULATION DISPLACED:
80%
COST (2012 DOLLARS):
225 billion

Spokane is in zone 4

zonemap_4.png

ESTIMATED ASHFALL:
60 Centimetres
DISTANCE FROM BLAST:
200 - 300 KM
MAJOR TOWNS:
Salt Lake City, Boise
POPULATION:
11 million
POPULATION DISPLACED:
80%
COST (2012 DOLLARS):
225 billion

Spokane is in zone 4
We'll get obliterated by a meteor before Yellowstone blows, if it ever does. It's not predicted to blow in the near future. The volcano in Hawaii is active, Yellowstone isn't. Numb nuts. Highly unlikely an eruption in the next 1,000 to 10,000 years.
Is Yellowstone Going to Blow? Exaggerated Reports of Volatility

Last edited:
Well now, you are right. Yellowstone is not likely to blow at any time in the next few thousand years. However, that was not your statement. You said you were so smart because you lived where these things never happened. LOL

Well now, you are right. Yellowstone is not likely to blow at any time in the next few thousand years. However, that was not your statement. You said you were so smart because you lived where these things never happened. LOL
If it doesn't happen in my lifetime, why should I care? Lol.

If it doesn't affect you, then, for you, it doesn't exist. Another dog person. If you cannot eat it, fuck it, then piss on it.

That we should just ignore such evidence, and not learn as much as we can so we might be able to see something like this coming? What are you trying to say?

What I was saying is basically is what you said to bsfilter… You can study it, (whatever it might be) make a documentary about it, even prognosticate about it and last but not least even live through it... But when you are dealing with mother nature you can't do didley squat about it (whatever it might be)...

You can sure get out of the way if you see it coming. As was evidenced by the Pinatubo eruption, when they were able to predict it from the information gained at St. Helens.
But you seem to be saying that is not worth doing? Doppler radar and tornado warning are not useful because you cannot stop the tornado, or keep it from destroying a house? Hmmmmmmmmmm...................

But you seem to be saying that is not worth doing? Doppler radar and tornado warning are not useful because you cannot stop the tornado, or keep it from destroying a house? Hmmmmmmmmmm...................

I never said anything like that... Do what you like... Use a witch Doctor if it will help you feel better... Here is where I feel you went off the rails...

I am constantly astonished at the stupidity that people like you post. The situation in Hawai is quite serious for the people that live there, and, sometime, probably not soon, will be very serious for a lot of other people.

I am not going into detail like so many other folks have on the formation of the Hawaiian Islands... I don't know if you read the post where I said that I live less than a mile from a dormant Volcano... It is called Punchbowl... It is a National Cemetery... Goggle it if you have never been there... It is very similar to Hawaii's Iconic Diamond Head...

Biggest majority of the folks that live here understand the possibilities and deal with they quite well... There will always be a few cry babies wanting to be saved by whom or what no one knows...

And I live in one of the two cities on the mainland that has an active volcano in it's city limits. Yes, I would like to be warned in advance if there was a problem developing there.

And I live in one of the two cities on the mainland that has an active volcano in it's city limits. Yes, I would like to be warned in advance if there was a problem developing there.

And you would. Volcano's give ample warning. They might not tell when they are going to explode, but they give plenty of warning of impending activity.

I live just 200 miles to the East of you, I know full well that Mt. Hood is NOT currently active as the LAST eruptive event was in 1907. It is also 54 Air miles to the EAST of Portland which prevailing winds from the southwest carry away the gases to the NE.

There is very little danger to you, stop the drama Queen bullcrap!

By the way you LIED over Mt. Tabor that is within your city limits is a long EXTINCT Volcano.

Last edited:
No tornadoes, eh. LOL
Damn :) So I guess the one to thing to remember is that there are always an exception to every rule
There are tornadoes and then there are tornadoes. A "tornado" damaged a roof on a barn near Spokane a few years ago. That's the worst we've ever had. This isn't Kanasas, Oklahoma, Texas, etc, where entire neighborhoods are wiped out and people killed.

And you would. Volcano's give ample warning. They might not tell when they are going to explode, but they give plenty of warning of impending activity.
Yes. Post Mt. St. Helens.

I live just 200 miles to the East of you, I know full well that Mt. Hood is NOT currently active as the LAST eruptive event was in 1907. It is also 54 Air miles to the EAST of Portland which prevailing winds from the southwest carry away the gases to the NE.

There is very little danger to you, stop the drama Queen bullcrap!

By the way you LIED over Mt. Tabor that is within your city limits is a long EXTINCT Volcano.
Dumb fuck, that is not the volcano that I referenced. Mt. Hood is not in the city limits of Portland. And the other city in the mainland that has an active volcano within it's city limits is also in Oregon.

Forum List

Back