Hawaii’s Governor Takes On ‘Birthers’

So you guys are trying to resurrect Hillary's birther claims against Obama. So what is going on that you want to distract everyone away from?

Hillary can claim all she wants also.
To date she, and everyone else that makes those claims, have no facts.
But I am not just claiming E is alive. I saw him.

kinda sad that "this" is the "top priority" for governor in ANY state
you mean Hawaii doesnt have more pressing needs than to deal with a fucking conspiracy that is based solely on ignorance?

Apparently the government there has practically been under siege by birfer nutjobs. I haven't seen any estimates on how much time and money they're sucking up, but it was bad enough they passed a law to enable government employees to treat them as the nuisance they are. If enough resources are being wasted, I can see it being a priority.

OTOH, you're right - it's pathetic to give them the attention. It's just feeding trolls writ large.

You do know that Obama could have been born on the US capitol steps and still not be a Article 2 Section 1 Natural Born Citizen?

you mean Hawaii doesnt have more pressing needs than to deal with a fucking conspiracy that is based solely on ignorance?

Apparently the government there has practically been under siege by birfer nutjobs. I haven't seen any estimates on how much time and money they're sucking up, but it was bad enough they passed a law to enable government employees to treat them as the nuisance they are. If enough resources are being wasted, I can see it being a priority.

OTOH, you're right - it's pathetic to give them the attention. It's just feeding trolls writ large.
well, i recently looked up the unemployment rate in HI, 6.4%, so maybe there really isnt other pressing needs for the state
:lol:

You do know that Obama could have been born on the US capitol steps and still not be a Article 2 Section 1 Natural Born Citizen?
no, he could not
if you are BORN on US soil you ARE an natural born citizen
PERIOD
your parentage has ZERO bearing on that

No, I don't know that. Neither does Congress, the US State Department or the SCOTUS.

But I do know we've had this conversation before, I can pull up case after case after statute after reg after law and you'll just keep quoting Wing Nut Daily misquoting those very same cases and ignoring the statutes and regs, and it will be a colossal waste of my time.

So instead, I'll say what I know is that you're a spamtrolling idiot, point and laugh, and leave it at that.

well, i recently looked up the unemployment rate in HI, 6.4%, so maybe there really isnt other pressing needs for the state
6.4%? The state could always hire that number of unemployed to reject the nuisance FOI requests and bogus applications for Obama's birth certificate. :lol:

6.4%? The state could always hire that number of unemployed to reject the nuisance FOI requests and bogus applications for Obama's birth certificate. :lol:
exactly, maybe that is his plan
a certain re-election bonanza
0% unemployment in his state

no, he could not
PERIOD
Not true. Obama's own website stated he is not a natural born citizen but a dual citizen because of his dads british nationality passed to young Barak at birth.

From this website:

Fight the Smears: The Truth About Barack?s Birth Certificate

The relevant Obama admission
At the official Obama campaign website – Fightthesmears.com – just below the Certification of Live Birth (COLB) – the following admission was also published:

When Barack Obama Jr. was born on Aug. 4,1961, in Honolulu, Kenya was a British colony, still part of the United Kingdom's dwindling empire. As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.'s children.

This was republished from a Factcheck.org, article which further stated:

In other words, at the time of his birth, Barack Obama Jr. was both a U.S. citizen (by virtue of being born in Hawaii) and a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies (or the UKC) by virtue of being born to a father who was a citizen of the UKC.

You cant argue with that. Futher the U.S. State Department's Foreign Affairs Manual discusses problems associated with dual citizenship:
7 FAM 081: U.S. Policy on Dual Nationality:
(e)While recognizing the existence of dual nationality, the U.S. Government does not encourage it as a matter of policy because of the problems it may cause. Dual nationality may hamper efforts by the U.S. Government to provide diplomatic and consular protection to individuals overseas. When a U.S. citizen is in the other country of their dual nationality, that country has a predominant claim on the person.

no, he could not
PERIOD
Not true. Obama's own website stated he is not a natural born citizen but a dual citizen because of his dads british nationality passed to young Barak at birth.

From this website:

At the official Obama campaign website – Fightthesmears.com – just below the Certification of Live Birth (COLB) – the following admission was also published:

When Barack Obama Jr. was born on Aug. 4,1961, in Honolulu, Kenya was a British colony, still part of the United Kingdom's dwindling empire. As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.'s children.

In other words, at the time of his birth, Barack Obama Jr. was both a U.S. citizen (by virtue of being born in Hawaii) and a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies (or the UKC) by virtue of being born to a father who was a citizen of the UKC.

You cant argue with that. Futher the U.S. State Department's Foreign Affairs Manual discusses problems associated with dual citizenship:
(e)While recognizing the existence of dual nationality, the U.S. Government does not encourage it as a matter of policy because of the problems it may cause. Dual nationality may hamper efforts by the U.S. Government to provide diplomatic and consular protection to individuals overseas. When a U.S. citizen is in the other country of their dual nationality, that country has a predominant claim on the person.
that doesnt change the fact someone born here is a natural born citizen unless the parents are diplomats representing another country
you keep forgetting that fact
being a dual citizen doesnt change that fact

no, he could not
PERIOD

From this website:

that doesnt change the fact someone born here is a natural born citizen unless the parents are diplomats representing another country

So what does Obama's website trying to say when it says in the last sentence 'That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.'s children.'?

From this website:

So what does Obama's website trying to say when it says in the last sentence 'That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.'s children.'?
only means that in the UK Obama would have citizenship
it doesnt strip him of his US citizenship

i mean you DO understand that British law doesnt affect US law, right?

Last edited:
WHY THE HELL did this idiot Governor drum up this shit NOW.

things had pretty much DIED DOWN about this?

makes ya wonder?

The 2012 election season has started and since Obama loses on the results of his policies the electioneering has to be focused on issues crafted to paint opponents as kooks and rational people distancing themselves from it.

They can only play the race card so much and it's not polling well anymore so this is a trial balloon.

Yes he can be a citizen of the UK. Glad you understand but that is why exactly a president must have natural born citizenship as stated in Article 2 Section 1 of the constitution. John Jay wrote a letter to George Washington stating the commander of the Armies should be a Natural Born Citizen to prevent allegiances to foreign nations (especially england). That is why they initiated the grandfather clause. Obama is a dual citizen as president and the framers did not intend for that to be. A president should have sole allegiance to the US alone. While the Constitution requires representatives, senators and to be citizens, Article II, Section 1, additionally requires that the president's citizenship be "natural born." A natural born citizen is not a higher level of citizen. "Natural born" simply describes a circumstance of citizenship.

There are multiple circumstances that create "citizens at birth." Some require a federal statute for citizenship while others rely on the 14th Amendment. Had the framers of the 14th Amendment sought to deem every person born in the United States a natural born citizen, they certainly could have included such plain, unequivocal language. We have a usurper holding the oval office.

Yes he can be a citizen of the UK. Glad you understand but that is why exactly a president must have natural born citizenship as stated in Article 2 Section 1 of the constitution. John Jay wrote a letter to George Washington stating the commander of the Armies should be a Natural Born Citizen to prevent allegiances to foreign nations (especially england). That is why they initiated the grandfather clause. Obama is a dual citizen as president and the framers did not intend for that to be. A president should have sole allegiance to the US alone. While the Constitution requires representatives, senators and to be citizens, Article II, Section 1, additionally requires that the president's citizenship be "natural born." A natural born citizen is not a higher level of citizen. "Natural born" simply describes a circumstance of citizenship.

There are multiple circumstances that create "citizens at birth." Some require a federal statute for citizenship while others rely on the 14th Amendment. Had the framers of the 14th Amendment sought to deem every person born in the United States a natural born citizen, they certainly could have included such plain, unequivocal language. We have a usurper holding the oval office.

Other than Native Americans born on treaty lands, which is not the case here unless you people have yet another alternate bs theory on Obama's parentage, what person is a citizen at birth under anything but the 14th?

Not that it matters one iota, a Native American born a citizen under statute is every bit as much a natural born citizen as any other. The status is the issue, not the authority that allows it.

I still say that I am 99.99% sure that Obama was born in Hawaii.

What I do not know is what he is hiding. It is obvious he is hiding something.

My best guess is still that he is a bastard.

And I; and I bet most Americans; could care less.

Meh

The thing about conspiracy theorists, no matter what evidence you put forward, most of them will never believe it anyways. Most of them aren't exactly at the top of the intellectual mountain anyways. No point pandering to them.

with most conspiracies, you're right....such as 9/11....there, the so called evidence is so deep and so confusing that it keeps such things alive

here....the issue is the original - long form....the state of hawaii gets requests everyday and spends state dollars everyday answering requests about obama's long form....why....because they are required to by law

if obama allowed the original to be shown on camera or copied....those requests would more than likely cease

since obama is a lawyer, he knows the best evidence is a copy of the original or the original

This birfer nonsense demeans the office of the President and it diminishes the stature of Obama by having to respond to this. There is zero to gain for Obama from responding to this. It wouldn't matter if Obama produced the long form birth certificate. It wouldn't matter if the doctor who delivered him appeared on national television with a videotape of him giving birth in the hospital, the birfers still wouldn't believe him and the issue wouldn't go away. It says more about the birfers than it does with Obama, which is why the RNC isn't touching this with a 10-foot pole.

there is much to gain for obama....the issue gets put away, though you and others believe it won't. consider this....he has already put up a copy of his COLB. there is simply no reason for him not to put up a copy of the original since he has already shown a willingness to put this issue to rest by producing evidence.

as a lawyer, he know the best evidence is a copy of or the original. that is why hawaii continues to get inundated with requests....because people want to know about the original, what is contained in it. by releasing a copy or showing it on camera, there will be no further requests.

its pure speculation to conclude that nothing will satisfy people. the facts and reality are that people are daily costing tax payers money because obama refuses to release the best evidence....it would take him 10 minutes and 10 dollars. since he already released the COLB, there is no reason why he wouldn't want to release a copy of the original.

with most conspiracies, you're right....such as 9/11....there, the so called evidence is so deep and so confusing that it keeps such things alive

here....the issue is the original - long form....the state of hawaii gets requests everyday and spends state dollars everyday answering requests about obama's long form....why....because they are required to by law

if obama allowed the original to be shown on camera or copied....those requests would more than likely cease

since obama is a lawyer, he knows the best evidence is a copy of the original or the original

This birfer nonsense demeans the office of the President and it diminishes the stature of Obama by having to respond to this. There is zero to gain for Obama from responding to this. It wouldn't matter if Obama produced the long form birth certificate. It wouldn't matter if the doctor who delivered him appeared on national television with a videotape of him giving birth in the hospital, the birfers still wouldn't believe him and the issue wouldn't go away. It says more about the birfers than it does with Obama, which is why the RNC isn't touching this with a 10-foot pole.

there is much to gain for obama....the issue gets put away, though you and others believe it won't. consider this....he has already put up a copy of his COLB. there is simply no reason for him not to put up a copy of the original since he has already shown a willingness to put this issue to rest by producing evidence.

as a lawyer, he know the best evidence is a copy of or the original. that is why hawaii continues to get inundated with requests....because people want to know about the original, what is contained in it. by releasing a copy or showing it on camera, there will be no further requests.

its pure speculation to conclude that nothing will satisfy people. the facts and reality are that people are daily costing tax payers money because obama refuses to release the best evidence....it would take him 10 minutes and 10 dollars. since he already released the COLB, there is no reason why he wouldn't want to release a copy of the original.

But there must be a reason. or he would have done it.

i have no idea what that reason is....many on the left and his staunch supporters believe it is just a big middle finger to the right or his enemies, some on the right believe it is because he is hiding something...

who knows, but it is stupid of him to continue the charade either way

That might satisfy the ijits who think Obama was born in Kenya. But it's gone way beyond that. How does his birth certificate matter to the clowns who think he renounced his citizenship at age 8 in Indonesia? Or the morons who say he isn't a natural born citizen no matter where he was born because his mother was too young to pass on her citizenship, or because his father was a British subject? Or the idiots who scream "birth certificate" but claim he was actually born in Washington or California to an American citizen mother AND an American citizen father, Malcolm X?

What difference would feeding the beast actually make, seriously? I'd tell them to stuff it too, frankly. They need to be marginalized, not enabled.

It never ends. The COLB satisfies all State Department requirements for proof of citizenship for all purposes, it complies with Full Faith and Credit requirements, as far as anyone rational is concerned it's done.

i have no idea what that reason is....many on the left and his staunch supporters believe it is just a big middle finger to the right or his enemies, some on the right believe it is because he is hiding something...

who knows, but it is stupid of him to continue the charade either way
no, actually its smart of him
that way he can marginalize his opponents with it

Forum List

Back