Have You Shopped at Walmart?

Have you ever shopped at Walmart?

• Yes

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
Yep I shop at Wally World.
When wal marts numbers decline you know it is serious.

Actually, just the opposite. In economics, Wal-Mart sells (almost exclusively) what are defined as "inferior goods." (That's not just an insult. It's a real term.) When economies are in recession, "inferior goods" generally rise in sales numbers.

Despite Liberals hatred for companies like Walmart. With out them, Millions of Low Income families Standards of living would drop.

Period.
Wal Mart's carnivorous Capitalism ruins individual entrepreneurs (the real creators of jobs at least that's what we've always been told!) They traffic almost EXCLUSIVELY in imported Chinese CRAP! They chase American manufacturers TO China thus driving American middle class jobs away.

They should never have given Tim McVeigh the needle. He still has work to do. At least in Bentonville Arkansas.

They didn't drive anyone out of business.

Our idiotic government did by making it impossible for small businesses to function. Walmart just filled the gap our own stupid policies created.

Making it more expensive to be in business is always a stupid idea.

Of course they did, WalMart went into small town America and shuttered mainstreet America. The butcher ,the baker, the photograph maker all went out of business. The landlords who owned the now shuttered shops did too.
Rubbermaid. Manufacturers of quality household goods like trash cans and sink strainers wanted Wal Mart to market their products. Wal Mart told this SUPPLIER to lower the per unit costs below the production cost. Rubbermaid said it would be impossible. Wal Mart said "Not if you make your product in China!"

And thus Rubbermaid closed down their base of operations in Ohio and moved east to the Land of Lead Contaminated goods. And there goes that town and its middle class American jobs.

What Family Values are important to Conservatives? Incomes or what may or may not occur in the bedrooms of American citizens?

That's because our government has made it impossible for the mom & pop stores to function competitively.

And that's a shame.
Gorillas usually can beat a monkey at anything. Bigger always trumps Mom and Pop operations. I know it's far easier to blame the government, but in this case Wal*Mart is clearly at fault and responsible Americans should shop elsewhere.

They didn't drive anyone out of business.

Our idiotic government did by making it impossible for small businesses to function. Walmart just filled the gap our own stupid policies created.

Making it more expensive to be in business is always a stupid idea.

No, they drove most of the small businesses out in my area. Even thought the mom and pop stores were better run and gave better service the people flocked to wallyworld because of the lower prices. The mom and pop stores closed and slowly but surely wallyworld is upping their prices.

I will agree though that the local governments didn't make it easy on the small businesses either. wallyworld adds an employee to take care of the paperwork, the small shop closes its doors 'cause they are doing more paperwork then actual work.

Last edited:
I guess I missed quite a bit of discussion. I was shopping at Walmart for some groceries that have been priced beyond my reach at the traditional supermarkets. Luxuries like bread, milk, breakfast cereal.

Actually walmarts anchor shopping centers and small businesses open there and feed of them

ive been associated with chambers of commerce for decades and one of the question business ask before sighing any leases is who the anchor/s store is most see walmart as a plus
next time your shopping go into a small mum & pop store ask how much they pay there cashiers and clerks and if they get benefits . i think you will find the pay and benefits at walmart are better if not at least on a par

and how many small shops employ the elderly and disabled as *greeters * i have,nt found one

dont listen to all this union bashing about walmart not many retail store are union and most like walmart discourage membership .

Retailers like *macys * and other famous names have merchadise made in china / korea etc i know i worked or years in the industry . LOOK AT YOUR LABELS ON EVERYDAY ITEMS

sports shorts
coffee mugs
electronics
etc
SOME STORES put a * made in america* label on the product when it is boxed and presented to the public

http://walmartstores.com/Careers/7750.aspx

Last edited:
Despite Liberals hatred for companies like Walmart. With out them, Millions of Low Income families Standards of living would drop.

Period.

It's true. I live in a community of 9,800 and we have a medium sized Walmart which is expanding into a huge Walmart. It serves ppl from a 50 mile radius and with high gas prices, Walmart's customer base isn't what it used to be. The fact that it is expanding, shows that there is faith that the economy will turn around, I am hoping.

I love our Walmart for several reasons. Even though they have had to raise prices on SOME items, they have lowered prices on others. I love it because they have a woman manager. ( That point matters to me only because it seems to matter to those who love to bash Walmart. ) I am personally in favor of hiring the most competent people regardless of gender.

I love Walmart because they have a Subway. I love it because their employees are generally happy and smiling and when I asked several of them "if they liked their jobs" they said, "yes." One can tell how a manager is handling a company by the way the employees feel about their jobs. I love the fact that I can go in there early and feel that the store is "all mine."

Go Walmart! You are terrific for all your customers, whether in a good OR bad economy. :clap2:

I absoluely agree with everything you say! The Walmart I shop at is in the process of becoming a superstore. I can't wait until it's finished and I can buy everything there instead of having to get most of my groceries at the Safeway down the road.

Recently I discovered that a salon hair product I buy is available at Walmart. I was surprised to see that it cost a couple of dollars more at Walmart than at the salon where I was buying it, so I called management at Walmart and told them. They said, first of all, that they would match anyone's lower price on the product. They also said that they would look into lowering their price.

Less than a week later I went into Walmart and checked on the price of the salon product. Walmart had already lowered the price on the product so that it was about 30 cents less than at the salon!

Yeah, Walmart!!! That's how to compete for the customers! : )

I am a middle income professional and Walmart's prices really help me out. You don't have to be poor to enjoy the benefits of Walmart.

I shop at Safeway. I do just fine. I would never buy Wal-Mart's clothes or houseware.

For everything else: There's nothing I need at Wal-Mart for a good price that I can't get on Amazon.

Last edited:
I love this.

Michelle Obama & Wal Mart

So Mobama is on her 'don't let kids get fat' campaign while offering free publicity to Big Box retailers?

but wasn't Hillary Clinton a bad bad lady for being a Wal Mart attorney back in the day?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Haedh8BaMY4]‪Clinton, Obama Clash at SC Democratic Debate‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

:eusa_whistle:

The only time I ever actually saw Sarah Palin was at Walmart. She was looking at hair products with one of her daughters and a niece. :lol:

That was when she was still Governor...before she quit.

Our Wal Mart has been a blessing to our small town.
We had one Grocery Store Safeway. No competition, prices and things were getting really high.
Then we got a super Wal Mart and our Safeway had to compete.Now both grocery stores are reasonably priced on items.
Our Wal Mart has given donations and grants to many organizations in our community.
Every year they donate to our back to school program. They give money and backpacks and everything that is needed to put into the backpacks.
They give many grants and donations to our fund raiser's that they hold year round. From our VFW to our Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
All of the Wal Marts do this, but you never hear about the good things that they do.

I worked there for 3 years in my younger teenage days, so yes, I'd say I have shopped there before.

I don't anymore, though. Walmart stores are just plain disgusting in every respect, and it gets worse by the day. Filthy, noisy, crowded, messy. There are always long-ass lines at the checkouts because the company is too fucking greedy to hire enough cashiers to keep up with the number of customers. The company has become very aware that people shop there because they have to, and so they quickly stopped giving a fuck about those marginal annoyances like CUSTOMER SERVICE and HOSPITALITY.

When I was there, the store manager was constantly bitching at us over 2 hours of overtime, and yet that motherfucker made $120,000 a year plus fat bonuses to sit on his ass in his office and bitch at us over 2 hours of overtime.

Walmart represents the worst side of capitalism, and it's really quite pathetic.

If I need to get something at a discount store, I'll consider going to Target first. Partly because it's closer and partly because they're not grossly understafffed.

I just came from Wally World actually. They had Dasani water on sale, so I bought a large case. Forgot to get a damn buggy tho, made it rough trying to lug the shit thru the store!

I have shopped there QUITE ALOT!

I cant believe thier policy about NOT CHASING SHOPLIFTERS!! (They must not mind being ripped off)

Very wierd........

I have shopped there QUITE ALOT!

I cant believe thier policy about NOT CHASING SHOPLIFTERS!! (They must not mind being ripped off)

Very wierd........

You are right about this.
If any Wal-Mart store employee sees a shoplifter, they are instructed not to chase them or try to stop them from leaving the store, no matter what.
It is up to the store security to do that job. (if the employee can get in contact with store security quickly, all is well and good)
The reason being, Wal-Mart doesn't want it's employees to get hurt in any way, and also they want to protect the customers, who might get injured if a scuffle or attack took place.
Supposedly, the store security should always be on the look-out, and know how to handle things properly.
But sometimes, they don't.

WalMart is a symptom, not the disease.

I also do not get some American's obsession with that company.

Bigger and bigger retailing outlets has been the wave of the future for a century.

Walmart is merely the last incarnation of that development.

It is the Sears Robuck of this this generation.

Forum List

Back