Zone1 have you ever heard Jesus....

King James translated (or deliberately changed--who knows--) the original Hebrew of "from our" to "for our". Isaiah 53, notes that Israel, the suffering servant, was suffering from and because of their own wrong-doings (i.e., "from" our).
What tomb did Isaiah say Israel was buried in? Why keep referring to He instead of they or it? How did Israel die to forgive it's own sin?
When Isaiah identifies who he is referring to, by calling Him, the Lord, to remove any doubt, how does one translate that into Israel?
Can you seriously read that scripture and not recognize who Isaiah is referring to?

If you don't like punished, then go to the next sentence.
I've done in depth studies of Isaiah, so the last thing this is about is what I like or don't like. It is about what Isaiah says. Study it with a rabbi or someone whose first language is Hebrew.
What tomb did Isaiah say Israel was buried in? Why keep referring to He instead of they or it? How did Israel die to forgive it's own sin?
When Isaiah identifies who he is referring to, by calling Him, the Lord, to remove any doubt, how does one translate that into Israel?
Can you seriously read that scripture and not recognize who Isaiah is referring to?
Grave/tomb is being used in the figurative sense. Israel had gone through great trials, being driven out of their homeland, a reference Jews would immediately grasp as it is their history, a history with which many Christians are no longer familiar. Also the Hebrew word often signifies 'them' what English translates to 'him'. The prophet, Isaiah, was speaking to people of his own time about what was currently happening to them.

I've done in depth studies of Isaiah, so the last thing this is about is what I like or don't like. It is about what Isaiah says. Study it with a rabbi or someone whose first language is Hebrew.

Grave/tomb is being used in the figurative sense. Israel had gone through great trials, being driven out of their homeland, a reference Jews would immediately grasp as it is their history, a history with which many Christians are no longer familiar. Also the Hebrew word often signifies 'them' what English translates to 'him'. The prophet, Isaiah, was speaking to people of his own time about what was currently happening to them.
In that case, insert Israel in the text instead of him/he, and try to make sense of it. To do so you must explain when Israel never opened it's mouth to defend it's self, when it put all of our guilt on its self, where Israel's tomb is, when were we healed because of Israel's pain, and when did God ever say, "Israel, who always does what is right."

But he was being punished for what we did. He was crushed because of our guilt. He took the punishment we deserved, and this brought us peace. We were healed because of his pain. We had all wandered away like sheep. We had gone our own way. And yet the LORD put all our guilt on him.He was treated badly, but he never protested. He said nothing, like a lamb being led away to be killed. He was like a sheep that makes no sound as its wool is being cut off. He never opened his mouth to defend himself. He was taken away by force and judged unfairly. The people of his time did not even notice that he was killed. But he was put to death for the sins of his people. He had done no wrong to anyone. He had never even told a lie. But he was buried among the wicked. His tomb was with the rich.But the LORD was pleased with this humble servant who suffered such pain. Even after giving himself as an offering for sin, he will see his descendants and enjoy a long life. He will succeed in doing what the LORD wanted. After his suffering he will see the light, and he will be satisfied with what he experienced.The Lord says, “My servant, who always does what is right, will make his people right with me; he will take away their sins

In that case, insert Israel in the text instead of him/he, and try to make sense of it. To do so you must explain when Israel never opened it's mouth to defend it's self, when it put all of our guilt on its self, where Israel's tomb is, when were we healed because of Israel's pain, and when did God ever say to Israel, " .....who always does what is right."
Not if the story is properly understood. Recall Israel was in exile, and were being driven from their homeland. Perhaps compare that forced exile to the Cherokee Trail of Tears where there just wasn't an option. Israel did not put "our" guilt on itself. It saw and accepted its own guilt that they had brought upon themselves.

Read all of Isaiah. In context the suffering servant is Israel. God referred to Israel as his son and his servant.

None of the disciples conjured up Moses or asked Moses to help them in any regard. Or prayed to him. It does solidify the fact that we are eternal beings though...

there is no reason for any part of the false religion of moses to be included in a document written that includes jesus and those other paradisians that gave their lives in the 1st century.

- certainly not for a deity so claimed to worship a particular tribe would anyone sacrifice their lives for such a being.

He didn’t write the bible either.

Do you believe in it?
i dont resonate with the religious....i told some that if Jesus was who he said he was then he was an alien being and "god" was also an alien....they didnt like that,i think they looked at it like i was describing my favorite martian,with antennae........

Last edited:
When did Israel take the punishment that we deserve? When did Israel not open "his" mouth?
And if God said Israel always does what is right, then God needs to apologize for dropping them like flies for doing what is wrong. On the other hand it describes Jesus to a tee...
Shrug. Isaiah never said that. As has already been noted.

i dont resonate with the religious....i told some that if Jesus was who he said he was then he was an alien being and "god" was also an alien....they didnt like that,i think they looked at it like i was describing my favorite martian,with antennae........
I believe it was CS Lewis who noted that Jesus was either a liar, a lunatic, or who he said he was. As Jesus has no traits of neither liar nor lunatic, that leaves us with he is who he said he is--and the signs and wonders that back him up.

I believe it was CS Lewis who noted that Jesus was either a liar, a lunatic, or who he said he was. As Jesus has no traits of neither liar nor lunatic, that leaves us with he is who he said he is--and the signs and wonders that back him up.
yes...an alien being....

When did Israel take the punishment that we deserve? When did Israel not open "his" mouth?
And if God said Israel always does what is right, then God needs to apologize for dropping them like flies for doing what is wrong. On the other hand it describes Jesus to a tee...

All through the Old Testament Israel is scolded and warned by the prophets. Isaiah is not about Jesus.

Shrug. Isaiah never said that. As has already been noted.
If you don't like the word punish skip over it. It still remains a description of Christ.
When did God say that Israel always does what is right? Never. It would be a lie.

1 Kings 14:15-26 Then the Lord will punish Israel, which will be like grass moving in the water. The Lord will pull up Israel from this good land, the land he gave their ancestors. He will scatter Israel beyond the Euphrates River, because he is angry with the people. They made the Lord angry when they set up idols to worship Asherah​

Last edited:
1 Kings 14:15-26 Then the Lord will punish Israel, which will be like grass moving in the water. The Lord will pull up Israel from this good land, the land he gave their ancestors. He will scatter Israel beyond the Euphrates River, because he is angry with the people. They made the Lord angry when they set up idols to worship Asherah
Again, 'punish' is a King James translation. The word is not in the Hebrew rendition. Were there consequences? Absolutely.

Again, 'punish' is a King James translation. The word is not in the Hebrew rendition. Were there consequences? Absolutely.
The Bible keeps using it. 32 times, actually. I'm just the messenger.
So, drop the first sentence because it uses the word punish, and read the rest. Was what Israel was doing, that made God so angry, what was always right in God's eyes?

Are you incapable of addressing the fact that God never said or even thought that Israel always does what is right? Who then was Isaiah referring to? Israel doesn't fit. Who does qualify for every part of the text?

Last edited:
The Bible keeps using it. 32 times, actually. I'm just the messenger.
So, drop the first sentence because it uses the word punish, and read the rest. Was what Israel was doing, that made God so angry, what was always right in God's eyes?

Are you incapable of addressing the fact that God never said or even thought that Israel always does what is right? Who then was Isaiah referring to? Israel doesn't fit. Who does qualify for every part of the text?
Asked and answered. I recommend reading and studying all of the Old Testament for decades, focusing on the Hebrew language and etymology.

Forum List

Back