Have you abandoned the awarding of trophy points?

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Have you abandoned the awarding of trophy points? I was getting them when you first did the software change, but not since.

While you're at it, can you explain what they are good for, and what is required to get them?

Unless you have abandoned them, then never mind. :)

My Leftist friends are not good at or don't care to click the 'thanks' or 'approve' tabs which i do ALL THE TIME. I always thought that those accumulations went towards trophies :confused-84:

Now that you mention it, I have not received a trophy is some time.

and it wont do any good to ask the people in charge of the board.....they dont know how it runs anymore than we do....

I was awarded some trophy points the other day. Not sure why. Don't really care about them.

While you're at it, can you explain what they are good for, and what is required to get them?

If you click on "Help" at the top of the page, there will be a section on the Trophy system.

There is also this:

Notable Members US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
that page doesnt say anything.....i and many others here have surpassed those totals and are still stuck on the same trophy points lots of us wonder how some new person like you can have so many points.....

that page doesnt say anything.....i and many others here have surpassed those totals and are still stuck on the same trophy points lots of us wonder how some new person like you can have so many points.....

I was told at one point that the system that tallies all of it was
kind of balky, if that's any help. :dunno:

If you click on "Help" at the top of the page, there will be a section on the Trophy system.

There is also this:

I was wondering the same thing, Harry. rightwinger has over 81,000 more posts than Cassy, yet is only 85 trophy points ahead.

Maybe it's a scam, awarded to 'favored' posters?

My Leftist friends are not good at or don't care to click the 'thanks' or 'approve' tabs which i do ALL THE TIME. I always thought that those accumulations went towards trophies :confused-84:

You should clarify that. I always thank or agree with posts. I don't usually click 'informative' because I already know everything. ;)

Now, rdean, on the other hand...on the old software I never got one pos rep from him. Some folks just don't want to play.

You should clarify that. I always thank or agree with posts. I don't usually click 'informative' because I already know everything. ;)

Now, rdean, on the other hand...on the old software I never got one pos rep from him. Some folks just don't want to play.

Not getting a thanks or an agree from Rdean is a good thing.

He's a damn smart poster, but not very friendly.

There is also this:

I was wondering the same thing, Harry. rightwinger has over 81,000 more posts than Cassy, yet is only 85 trophy points ahead.

Trophy points get awarded if you have a high percentage of thanks to posts

So, if you come new to the board and have a high percentage in your first few hundred posts you get a shitload of trophy points and never lose them once your percentage goes down

One out of two is fifty percent.

Come on Synth, deanie has no depth, he's a one trick pony...

I have given twice as many thanks as anyone on the board

They don't cost anything

That's easy. I get mine for being absolutely brilliant. For everybody else, it appears to be a random accident courtesy of the site software.

As to what to do with them, I plan on trading mine in for some nice Tupperware once I have enough.

Here are some trophies cereal_killer , AngelsNDemons , Coyote sent me :dunno: why.

funny-trophies-baby.jpg

image589.png

71268d1327691105-check-out-my-new-trophy-worst-trophy-ever.jpg

tumblr_lp0cxr1TNd1r0b739o1_500.gif

funny-trophy.jpg

There is also this:

That would be my guess. Kinda like the old rep system.

That would be my guess. Kinda like the old rep system.

Your guesses are stupid, and this is not a system that you need to guess about, because the system spells itself out. If you click on the number of trophy points you have, it will take you to a listing of all the trophy points you've received. At the bottom of that listing, there's a link that says, "view all available trophy points." Click on that, and you'll see the trophy points that are possible.

You get trophy points from making set numbers of posts, for posting here for a set length of time, and for having set percentages (25-50-75) of your posts rated as agree, thanks, funny or informative. If you have low trophy points, it's because you have a low percentage of posts that are rated by other users in one of those categories. It's a direct reflection of whether other posters find your posts valuable or not.

Also, it appears that to even the playing field, the administrator set it to start at a particular point, regardless of how many posts the user had prior to that point.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back