Cancel Button? Where is it?

PixieStix

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2009
Maybe I am missing something, but when I try to find a button to click to cancel a posting, I am not seeing it. Maybe there isn't one?

It is annoying

Maybe I am missing something, but when I try to find a button to click to cancel a posting, I am not seeing it. Maybe there isn't one?

It is annoying
Try edit if you want to change it, delete if you want it gone.

On the left, down below avatar, screen name and all that.

It is annoying

But it is a post that was not submitted., It just hangs around on the bottom of the page

It is annoying

But it is a post that was not submitted., It just hangs around on the bottom of the page

Log off the board and then the net, then turn off your computer and back on again. Then it's gone when you log back into the forum again.
It's how I got rid of mine.

That's just too much. It should be easier than that. Maybe the admin can find a new button for us :D

It is annoying

Damn, I HATE THAT.

Especially if you write something you shouldn't, and it goes out later when you forgot about it.

Clue me in if you figure out that one, please.

It is annoying

Yes, the software automatically saves your post draft which is nice if you get kicked offline or something, but if you half write a post and then think "nah I'm not gonna post that" and then leave and come back and go back to that thread, whatever you wrote is still there in your reply box.

You have to manually delete it and then post something else to get rid of it. Kind of a nuisance. They do need a "clear reply box" button.

With all the "bells and whistles", you would think that the software would give us the option to either turn auto save off, or at the very least cancel a post

With all the "bells and whistles", you would think that the software would give us the option to either turn auto save off, or at the very least cancel a post

Turns out there is. Fancy that.

Above the reply box where you can format your post etc etc . Where you see the smiley face then the button for inserting pictures, and video. go over two more spaces you will see a light blue floppy disk. Click on it and it brings up the option to either save draft or delete draft , delete draft and done. The one next to it is undo.

so click on undo then delete draft, done. Pretty easy I just never seen it before

Turns out there is. Fancy that.

Above the reply box where you can format your post etc etc . Where you see the smiley face then the button for inserting pictures, and video. go over two more spaces you will see a light blue floppy disk. Click on it and it brings up the option to either save draft or delete draft , delete draft and done. The one next to it is undo.

so click on undo then delete draft, done. Pretty easy I just never seen it before

Thanks babe :2up:

you can high lite the the whole post and then erase it....
I did that but it was there even after that. Weird and annoying

Dear PixieStix
Just think of something you want to reply to on that thread,
copy and paste on top and post it. If you don't need it at all,
you can type over it "duplicate deleted" and just post that.
Then I think there is a button where you can delete duplicate posts.

Forum List

Back