Have Critics of Colorado and Maine Suggested Removing Section 3 of the 14th Amendment?

Crick

Gold Member
May 10, 2014
N/A
I have not seen such a comment anywhere, but the condemnations of actually acting on it have been intense. Why do these same people not suggest removing that criteria?

The liberal arts hack in Maine has zero legal experience to interpret the Constitution or make a legal decision. She's also on record with disagreeing with the Constitution and a known never Trumper who has been invited to the White House twice. She should recuse herself.

I have not seen such a comment anywhere, but the condemnations of actually acting on it have been intense. Why do these same people not suggest removing that criteria?
Bizarre question.

One doesn't remove laws against murder because innocent people are sometimes wrongly accused.

14/3 is fine; Democrats are grossly misusing it to continue their seditious rape of the country/arsonous rampage.

8 years and counting...

Bizarre question.

One doesn't remove laws against murder because innocent people are sometimes wrongly accused.

14/3 is fine; Democrats are grossly misusing it to continue their seditious rape of the country/arsonous rampage.

8 years and counting...
What would be a proper use of 14/3?

There's no need to make such a call. Both Maine and CO made fatal errors in their proceedings. According to the 9 circuit, individual voters don't have standing to challenge a candidates placement on a ballot. The supremes refused to take up an appeal of that decision. So it is currently standing precedent. They will likely cite that case in dismissing both proceedings and precluding similar ones.

See: Drake, et al. v. Obama, et al.; Barnett, et al. v. Obama, et al., No. 09-56827 (9th Cir. 2011)

Forum List

Back