Have A Safe and Happy Fouth of July

To members, have a Safe and Happy Fourth of July.

I will be working on the Fourth actually more like volunterring. The DCCM (Democratic Party Marin) Booth at the Marin County Faire. Last year, the Dems and Republicans were right next to each other. We bought swag from each other and made "Buy and Fly" trips for Root Beer Floats and Burgers.

I hope everybody has a good Fourth. Please don't drink and drive.

Peace Out.

I will be working on the Fourth actually more like volunterring. The DCCM (Democratic Party Marin) Booth at the Marin County Faire. Last year, the Dems and Republicans were right next to each other. We bought swag from each other and made "Buy and Fly" trips for Root Beer Floats and Burgers.

Peace Out.

Great sentiment, and post.

Thanks, and the same to you!

The Fourth of July: Why Bother?

But the Fourth is also taken as a symbol of “our freedoms.” Well, let’s look at that for a moment – and consider the freedoms we don’t have anymore:

Fourth Amendment - abolished by SCOTUS

Fifth Amendment - abolished by SCOTUS

The freedom to travel without being subject at any time to a random stop/interrogation/search.

The freedom to associate with whom we wish – and to not associate with whomever we wish, for whatever reason we wish.

Peace Out.

Same to ya. :thup:

I'm off to volunteer making lemony shake-em-ups for a local non-profit. Then to bro's for cookout. I'd go into work tomorrow, but everyone else seems to be closed LOL.

When I was stationed at the Pentagon (1974-1977), I was garrisoned at Ft. Meyer Virginia. For the 1976 Celebration, I was working in the CommCenter. The message flashed across our lines, "Israelie Commandos attack Entebbe. Hostages Free. Casualty Report To Follow".

I read the message in full text and passed it on to my "Trick" Chief (Officer In Charge) and he smiled. "Great Fourth, Ain't It Sarge."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back