Top 10 Federal Government autrocities

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kaz, Jul 3, 2011.

1. kaz

kaz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,956
    #10: Tax withholdings from paycheck - Hides true cost of government, people should have to actually write a check to know what government costs

#9: Progressive income tax - Instrument of political power, a tool for politicians to set classes against each other for the same reason Marxists use it

#8: New London (Supreme Court) - government can confiscate land for it's own interest and not the people's, dramatically undercuts right to property

#7: Roe v. Wade - Crown jewel of legislating from Bench and making up rights

#6: No Child Gets Ahead - Government not going to be challenged by itself, critical to the success of the other atrocities

#5: Direct election of Senators - Killed State rights

#4: Elimination of the 9th and 10th Amendments - Constitutional Authority no longer required

#3: Creation of Federal Reserve/Leaving Gold Standard - License to steal from the American People

#2: Income Tax/War on Drugs - End of privacy and instrument of unbridled government power, and both come with the assumption of guilt.

And the #1 Federal Government atrocity...

Social Security/Medicare/Obamacare - Make all Americans dependent on government for their basic needs, they got you by the gonads after this, people.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  2. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,323
    You're lamenting Roe v. Wade, and the "elimination of the 9th amendment " and the "end of privacy" in a single thread?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Contumacious

Contumacious Radical Freedom

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    Correct.

Correct.

Correct

Incorrect.

Women own their bodies. Neither the states nor the federal government has authority to nationalize women's uterus.

Correct

correct.

Correct.

Correct.

Correct.

Correct.

4. kaz

kaz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,956
    Absolutely, I'm intellectually consistent. Where in the Constitution is the right to an abortion? I specifically stated "Federal" atrocities, and this was one of those reasons. Just because it's "privacy" doesn't mean you can make up a right. If you want a Federal right to abortion then amend the Constitution, don't make up a right there. This is such a perfect example of the trap that leads to our destruction. Once we start taking shortcuts and creating new rights by 5 of 9 vote, then the door is open, which is exactly what happened.

Now I agree that States banning abortion is a violation of our privacy and I support the right to an abortion. But making up a Federal right is far more destructive. I personally think States should decide. If you get 2/3, 2/3 and 3/4 then I'm OK with a Constitutional Amendment. I'm not OK with just making up a right because we want it. It's game over then, everything else is justified by the same 5/9 vote.

5. kaz

kaz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,956
    Murder is State law, not Federal. It is in fact the 9th and 10th Amendments that give us the right to privacy. Decisions like Roe v. Wade come about specifically because since we eliminated the requirement for Constitutional Authority, suddenly some rights we wanted to keep became in play. For the left, re-instituting the 9th and 10th were not an option because too much government power would be lost. So then making up rights became necessary. Privacy is ensured by limiting Federal power to enumerated Federal powers, it's not granting all power except rights that are excepted from that Federal power. Which is why making up rights at the Federal level with no Constitutional authority is just as dangerous as ignoring limits on power, it removes the Constitution from being the ruler and opens the door to making up powers that aren't enumerated.

The Constitution is changed by 2/3, 2/3 and 3/4, it is not changed by 5/9.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  6. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,894
    AKA: The battlelines in the Progressive Jihad on America

7. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306

8. Contumacious

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,851
    Agree. But not relevant to the discussion.

Correct.

As well as the right of self-ownership.

How so?

Ninth Amendment to the United States Constitution

The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Well, true.

From my standpoint the Ninth Amendment is still the supreme law of the land.

Even though the fascists - liberals and conservatives alike - pretend that it doesn't exist.

9. Contumacious

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,851

10. kaz

kaz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,956
    It is an atrocity because it's not in the Constitution regardless of your position on abortion. I'm pro-choice, but that fact doesn't make it an enumerated Federal power. I find elimination of Constitutional Authority based on enumerated power used to undermine State and personal freedom to be a greater threat.

But anyone who tells a woman she must carry a baby to term using the power of government guns to enforce their own morality is as intellectually lazy as liberals who want to use the same force to do their charity for them.