Have a bank account for rent payments only?

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
I was thinking about opening up another bank account separate from the one where I pay my rent from. That way I dont have to worry about frozen anymore just sitting in my account anymore when the landlord takes 2 years to cash the check.

Makes sense?

"frozen" ? :dunno:

you don't know what frozen money is?????????????????
Your grammar and sentence structure leaves much to be desired. :slap:

Is this an interest bearing account? Why would you care if the landlord takes his time cashing the check?

I just said I don't like seeing frozen money in my account, I want it outta there
I use auto pay for rent/car insurance and the net. Works great for me.

Is this an interest bearing account? Why would you care if the landlord takes his time cashing the check?

I just said I don't like seeing frozen money in my account, I want it outta there
Well, you asked. So my opinion is that it does not make sense.
Pay attention to your current balance and don't worry about the outstanding shit.

Speaking of frozen...

Pay attention to your current balance and don't worry about the outstanding shit.

Speaking of frozen...

I always do but this time he took the longest time ever. Gave him the fucking check on 9/4 and the mutherfucker had just cashed it on 9/16

Speaking of frozen...

I always do but this time he took the longest time ever. Gave him the fucking check on 9/4 and the mutherfucker had just cashed it on 9/16

That's not a bad turnaround.

Banks won't honor a check older than 6 months.

A 2nd checking account is a pain in the ass to open and maintain. Plus they may charge a monthly fee. Then you have to order printed checks... :slap:

Speaking of frozen...

Wow, that was a quick two years. Time flies for the none too bright, huh?

Speaking of frozen...

Wow, that was a quick two years. Time flies for the none too bright, huh?

Leave me the fuck alone

I was thinking about opening up another bank account separate from the one where I pay my rent from. That way I dont have to worry about frozen anymore just sitting in my account anymore when the landlord takes 2 years to cash the check.

Makes sense?

It makes sense if you use your actual balance as how much money you have available.

If you keep decent records, the balance in your checkbook is how much money you have. Ignore what the balance the bank says you have except when you reconcile it at the end of the month.

I helped my son set up two checking accounts when he first got out of college. The 2nd one was for his bills. Mainly the ones that stayed the same. He started with a balance that would cover them. Then every two weeks he would add half of his bill amount. At the end of the month, the balance covered all the bills.

But eventually he got tired of paying for the extra account and learned to use a decent budget.

To the OP-
If the landlord takes credit cards, have you considered one of the many pre-paid ones? Much less effort than opening a bank account.
Some even offer free online bill pay if you'd need it. Just load up what money you need for payments from your actual bank account and forget about it.
Fees can be as low as or lower than a bank's, and it's extremely easy to change over to a new one if your account becomes compromised.

It took a little getting used to, but I switched to one when my bank was being a... well, bank, and I haven't looked back.

Forum List

Back