Hatred of religion

I'm not sure what might be next, but a lot of us are hoping for you bible thumpers to start worrying about your own business and quit bothering others about things that are none of your business.
Actually from an economic perspective promiscuous sex and adult industry is potentially socially damaging.

Historically people, especially men, have had to prove their productive social worth in order to gain access to sex; in Native American tribes for example the hunters and warriors had the first pick when it came to women; however by "consumerising" sex to the point that adult entertainment is everywhere it can defeat traditional incentives for a man to be economically productive when there are 10 drunk sluts at the local bar, or free nude pictures of Pamela Anderson available online.

Likewise there were more natural punishments for promiscuity; in a small tribe a man who slept with many women but abandoned the woman or the child would be target for revenge by a father or brother; but today there are far less direct natural consequences for promiscuous behavior.

So even from a purely secular POV there are still worthy arguments to be made about cracking down on sexualized entertainment and industries. I personally don't think they deserve full 1st Amendment protection but that's just me.

There are secular laws concerning men taking care of their obligations to their offspring. Public morality will always be part of society, but no one has a right to demand that be determined by their own personal religious beliefs. Gay marriage is a perfect example of that.
The gay community is responsible for the majority of sexually transmitted diseases, such as AIDS. Reason enough to ban the practice, don't you think?

Every kind of child abuse has been rationalized by someone as a religious practice: beatings, dangerous diets, forced marriages, slavery, exorcism, sexual exploitation, genital mutilation, conversion therapy for L.G.B.T. youth and medical neglect. Reason enough to ban the practice, don't you think?
Show me where the Bible teaches people to do any of the things you claim? Oh. That's right. You can't. Sucks to be you.

I'm not saying I believe the bible says to do all those things. I'm saying religious people have done those things using their religious beliefs as an excuse. We both know there are things in the bible that would support child abuse. Stone a kid that back talks?

Actually from an economic perspective promiscuous sex and adult industry is potentially socially damaging.

Historically people, especially men, have had to prove their productive social worth in order to gain access to sex; in Native American tribes for example the hunters and warriors had the first pick when it came to women; however by "consumerising" sex to the point that adult entertainment is everywhere it can defeat traditional incentives for a man to be economically productive when there are 10 drunk sluts at the local bar, or free nude pictures of Pamela Anderson available online.

Likewise there were more natural punishments for promiscuity; in a small tribe a man who slept with many women but abandoned the woman or the child would be target for revenge by a father or brother; but today there are far less direct natural consequences for promiscuous behavior.

So even from a purely secular POV there are still worthy arguments to be made about cracking down on sexualized entertainment and industries. I personally don't think they deserve full 1st Amendment protection but that's just me.

There are secular laws concerning men taking care of their obligations to their offspring. Public morality will always be part of society, but no one has a right to demand that be determined by their own personal religious beliefs. Gay marriage is a perfect example of that.
The gay community is responsible for the majority of sexually transmitted diseases, such as AIDS. Reason enough to ban the practice, don't you think?

Every kind of child abuse has been rationalized by someone as a religious practice: beatings, dangerous diets, forced marriages, slavery, exorcism, sexual exploitation, genital mutilation, conversion therapy for L.G.B.T. youth and medical neglect. Reason enough to ban the practice, don't you think?
Show me where the Bible teaches people to do any of the things you claim? Oh. That's right. You can't. Sucks to be you.

I'm not saying I believe the bible says to do all those things. I'm saying religious people have done those things using their religious beliefs as an excuse. We both know there are things in the bible that would support child abuse. Stone a kid that back talks?
You are referring to Jewish law. It has nothing to do with Christianity. It was a law for a certain people from a certain time.

For well over 100 years, most public schools had opening exercises which included the Pledge of Allegiance, a national song (America the Beautiful, Oh Columbia the Gem of the Ocean, The Star Spangled Banner, etc.), and a short Bible reading (Usually from the Psalms or Proverbs). Public Schools also had Halloween costume parties, Thanksgiving Parties, Christmas Parties with student Carole sings, and Easter egg hunts. There were Jews, Catholics, atheists, Mormons and Protestants in the same classrooms. NO ONE was made to participate, but everyone had something to look forward to.

Today, public school is a drudge of what is NOT OK to present, talk about, discuss, and represent. What's to enjoy?

How about focus on math and science and cut the bullshit. No wonder we're so dumb

How about teaching a child how to be respectable and considerate of other points of view. Freedom never meant freedom from opposing points of view. It the nation is getting dumber it is because we do not expect out students to be discerning. And again, science is not the brainchild of secular thought. It is a search for truth and that does NOT entail the ignorance of GOD but HIS possibility.

I think the Phelps clan are more likely closeted atheists; their main agenda seems merely to be causing strife and benefiting from the publicity much like left-wing groups such as Black Lives Matter or Occupy Wall Street.

They don't seem to actually know more much about theology than most atheists due.

Benefiting from publicity? You mean like Huckabee or Benny Hinn?

You are referring to Jewish law. It has nothing to do with Christianity. It was a law for a certain people from a certain time.

Two different subjects. Do you want to discuss the reasons why religion should be banned, or do you want to change the subject and discuss what your particular religious book says about harming children?

Two different subjects. Do you want to discuss the reasons why religion should be banned, or do you want to change the subject and discuss what your particular religious book says about harming children?
What I would really like is for you to shut your ignorant pie hole.

What I would really like is for you to shut your ignorant pie hole.

I know it must be difficult for you when people call you on your bullshit.

It's the original religion your spin-off came from. If the old testament is unbelievable why should we believe the spin-off. Even if it's better written, it's still man made stories

But, hey you can whine about how evil science is eventhrough in no way has god been proven real or not! I bet you'd bring back stoning people and slavery as they were in the bible as you don't believe in rational thought. That is evil you know!

How do you feel about eugenics? Hitler was a fan.

And what about global warming. It seems to me that this problem was caused by the science behind fossil fuels.

Funny, the world is at war with the science behind the use of fossil fuels.

Forum List

Back