Hating my life one day at a time.

I'm not a very happy person. Most of my unhappiness has been brought on by myself. I have ruined my life by the silly things I have done. I didn't care very much about my future as a teenager, I barely made it out of high school. I went to college for 2 weeks and dropped out. So school was never for me. I have been doing what I do for work for 21 years but I'm still at the same level I started out as in 1993. That's pretty dang sad if you ask me. All of this is because of my own doing. I was very lazy in school so I didn't apply myself and I had no goals or any direction. But here I am today hating my life I'm so unhappy about where I am and what I'm doing. 21 years of doing what I do for a living I should be running the place but no I'm at the bottom of the totem pole. I'm the one that did this I'm the one who had the poor attitude as a teenager, I was hard headed and would never listen to my parents. I skipped school and sometimes didn't even go. Look where I am today I make just a little over $5 an hour more than my 18 year old step daughter who is a senior in high school. How sad is that. When your young it doesn't bother you, you think you know it all but you don't. I'm so angry and so unhappy with where I'm at in life BUT I can only blame myself. If I had it to do over again I would do it very different. :(

You really can do it over again. Go back to the point where you started your cycle of failure and start from there. If you need to finish high school, you can get a GED. There are classes for that. Go down to the nearest community college and start.

You had a poor attitude as a teenager. So what. Do you still have a poor attitude?

If you were not getting something that you want out of your life, you would change.

If and when your decisions no longer give you what you really want, you WILL change.

Thank you for sharing.

I'm not a very happy person. Most of my unhappiness has been brought on by myself. I have ruined my life by the silly things I have done. I didn't care very much about my future as a teenager, I barely made it out of high school. I went to college for 2 weeks and dropped out. So school was never for me. I have been doing what I do for work for 21 years but I'm still at the same level I started out as in 1993. That's pretty dang sad if you ask me. All of this is because of my own doing. I was very lazy in school so I didn't apply myself and I had no goals or any direction. But here I am today hating my life I'm so unhappy about where I am and what I'm doing. 21 years of doing what I do for a living I should be running the place but no I'm at the bottom of the totem pole. I'm the one that did this I'm the one who had the poor attitude as a teenager, I was hard headed and would never listen to my parents. I skipped school and sometimes didn't even go. Look where I am today I make just a little over $5 an hour more than my 18 year old step daughter who is a senior in high school. How sad is that. When your young it doesn't bother you, you think you know it all but you don't. I'm so angry and so unhappy with where I'm at in life BUT I can only blame myself. If I had it to do over again I would do it very different. :(

JoeB, zat you? Sure sounds like you!

Except for the WORKING part, lol.

Yeah, 'cept for that.

First off, you sound a lot like you are suffering from depression. I recommend that you treat your depression first, THEN fix your life second.

A lot of folks are in the same boat as you - they did the same things. Some even have long prison records, substance abuse problems AND they do not even have the capacity to hold down your job.

Not too late to fix things - I found myself in a similar place and decided to rent my own cab. life is very good now, as I am the boss AND I make good money.

I would recommend that you think a bit outside the box - there are many things you could do to make $ that you have not tried.

Good ideas to make money are a dime a dozen - implantation of your idea is the golden goose of your happiness.

Please PM me about getting help with your depression.

:)

Hey, mister. If you're not dead, it's not too late to start over. Here are a few examples from my immediate circle.

My sister graduated from the U of MN the same year her son graduated high school.

A friend of the family has a daughter my daughter's age. She just tested out for her GED.

My stepdaughter also tested out for her GED and went on to become a CNA, and then an RN, all while raising three kids on her own.

It is never too late. If you're still breathing, then you can change course.

And stop hating yourself. It's unseemly. ;)

Forgive yourself, and start making some changes that prove you deserve better.

BD, do you have the link to your thread on work from home ideas handy? He could try that while he still works his job to see how it goes.

Except for the WORKING part, lol.

Yeah, 'cept for that.

Maybe instead of blowing up this posters thread, you might want to light a candle, perhaps?

The guy could use a little boost and all we can offer are sock-puppets?

Actually, I think I did that. But I'm not altogether convinced this isn't a sock. Guy joins in December and by mid January in h5 posts he has posted such personal stuff. Not so sure this isn't a big game of 'gottcha.' And I'm not feeding into it any longer. If this is a genuine case of need, there is plenty of real, honest to God help out there, and none whatsoever here because this is nothing but a message board.

Maybe he just needed to vent. God knows I have been there myself.

Some great advice has been giiven. Some, not so great. I hope he heeds the good advice many gave. And the cyber support of a hug.

Hey, mister. If you're not dead, it's not too late to start over. Here are a few examples from my immediate circle.

My sister graduated from the U of MN the same year her son graduated high school.

A friend of the family has a daughter my daughter's age. She just tested out for her GED.

My stepdaughter also tested out for her GED and went on to become a CNA, and then an RN, all while raising three kids on her own.

It is never too late. If you're still breathing, then you can change course.

And stop hating yourself. It's unseemly. ;)

Forgive yourself, and start making some changes that prove you deserve better.

BD, do you have the link to your thread on work from home ideas handy? He could try that while he still works his job to see how it goes.

:thup:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/general-discussion/320320-need-work.html

The fact that you still keep plugging along says alot.
Your daughter I'm sure is as proud of you as you must be of her.

If you were not getting something that you want out of your life, you would change.

If and when your decisions no longer give you what you really want, you WILL change.

Thank you for sharing.

I want to apologize for how cold this post sounds.

I agree that you may well be suffering from clinical depression. See if you can get that addressed before beating yourself up any more than you have.

Evferyone in life makes mistakes. We're all human. The difference is, some people will never realize it but you have. That's the first step. Now you are free to change and fix the problems and do the things you want to. It's never too late :)

What a great narrative, Welshman67. I know I have posted to this thread before, but I have thought much about it since. You see, you are taking full responsibility and accountability for your lot in life and combine that with the fact that you are WORKING at all, I think deserves admiration from me. Do you know how many people would find a way to mooch off the taxpayer, rather than work for $5.00 an hour?

I think you are a good person, with commonsense and will do something to improve your life, even though it isn't easy. That alone makes me proud of you as an individual and I thank you for posting your story.You have redeemable traits. Very well-done. :thup:

Welshman, there were plenty of posts with good ideas and many posters here are pulling for you. I am just one of many. We would like to see you come out of the possible depression you are feeling and share with us your thoughts. Perhaps some of our ideas can help, but if nothing else, just knowing we're behind you can help. You are in my prayers, my friend. Let us know how it is going.

Thank you for sharing.

I want to apologize for how cold this post sounds.

I agree that you may well be suffering from clinical depression. See if you can get that addressed before beating yourself up any more than you have.

I wish I could rep you, Luddly. It takes a big person to apologize on the board. Welshman deserved that apology too. Two winners.:wink_2:

You've ALL been suckered in.
The OP is a plagarized letter from a 'Dear Abby' column.

Where is your link?

Could be though. Who is working for $5.00 an hour, these days? Still, it is a good post, regardless of it's origin and it gave many good thinking people a positive way to express themselves. Or maybe he found a way to express his thoughts, without having to compose them?

You've ALL been suckered in.
The OP is a plagarized letter from a 'Dear Abby' column.

Where is your link?

Could be though. Who is working for $5.00 an hour, these days? Still, it is a good post, regardless of it's origin and it gave many good thinking people a positive way to express themselves. Or maybe he found a way to express his thoughts, without having to compose them?

Looked for a link and couldn't find one. But I know I read this letter in a 'Dear Abby' column in the past couple of weeks. OP never responded after posting, did they?

Forum List

Back