Hate Walmart?

I am tired of idealizing "mom and pop" stores. If mom and pop want my business, then make a store where i want to shop, with merchandise i want to buy, at prices i want to pay with a reasonable return policy. I hate mom and pop stores. Most of these stores wont' allow you to return stuff and on and on. No thanks. And, i would much rather work for Walmart than mom and pop.

A lot of people seem to long for the days of paying $10 for a replacement faucet washer and waiting 2 weeks for it to arrive. Either that or they think it's our patriotic duty to pay $75 for a plumber to snake a clogged drain. It's really strange.

A lot of people in rural communities hated Walmart because they move in and gobble up business from the Ma and Pa store that are already local. It is a cheap monopoly and they don't even treat their employees well.

Hillary had nothing to do with the Walmart that is in place today. It is all we have in this little rural community and I rarely go there. I'd rather drive for miles or I shop the more expensive Main St. stores just because I find quality merchandise there.

You've never worked in a Walmart nor a mom & pop retailer have you? I sure wish I could have worked for a Walmart when I was young. Small retailers are generally horrendous in both pay and in treatment. No days off during the holidays, asking for a raise would get us fired, asking to switch schedules was forbidden, clocking in 5 minutes late (even if the timeclock was wrong) docked 30 minutes off our pay, no sick days or personal days (someone was fired for missing a week from pneumonia), and the mandatory company holiday parties were held at the owner's church. Not in the hall, that was the light reception where we had snacks and an hour of social time. The actual "party" was a 2 hour Baptist revival. And it was mandatory.

Jeezus, what century was this?

This was 1985. The same thing still happens today in some areas. Ever worked for a Florist? Ever been a court reporter? Same type of stuff.

You people have NO idea what a vile, faceless company Wal-Mart has become since Sam Walton passed. They're a soulless, black of hole of corporate greed that sucks everything in.

Still trying to figure out how that's better than a black hole of inefficiency the old stores were. The only thing I can see is better pay and better benefits.

It is interesting how unions bitch about Walmart yet CALPERS is Walmart's largest share holders. The Unions literally own Walmart!

Wasn't Walmart being investigated by the US Justice Department for some kind of bribery scandal? I am just P'O' because their automotive department practically killed my CAR. It's clear what Walmart realy is all about... Cheap goods and irresponsible labor aside, they are just great .

Last edited:
wow.. walmart = clinton??
biggrin.gif

...hate the Clintons.

Wal-Mart’s First Lady

Twice in three days last week, Hillary Rodham Clinton basked in the adulation of cheering union members. Her record of supporting collective bargaining, however, is considerably worse than wobbly.

She was on the Walmart board. Look at Cheney, he was ceo of Haliburton and after he "stepped down", they were awarded no bid contract bids in middle eastern wars.

The article is old, she sat on the board even longer ago before Bill was president.

Funny how Obama gave no bid contracts to Halliburton as well, guess Cheney has Obama in his back pocket.

Forum List

Back