Hate to say it, but racial stereoptyping is still alive today and i have proof

There's this TV show I enjoy watching. It's called "What Would You Do?"

There was this one segment, where a black kid was stealing a bike and a white kid and a blonde girl was stealing the same bike, it recorded people's reactions. Surprisingly, they all had different reactions. You can see these people reactions here,

www-dot-youtube-dot-com/watch?v=8ABRlWybBqM

it's educational, but also kinda disturbing. I'm not posting this to create a stir, just to educate.

You don't need to watch TV. Just look at what the right wingers on this site say. Oh, not ALL of them, only around 90%.
This is what the OP was complaining of. YOu have a bit of prejudice. You know this prejudice is false. you have read the posting of people. You know Tank and his ilk are universally reviled on the right. You have read enough of my postings to know this statement does not apply to me. And I am sure it is demonstrably false in General.
In my experience, the worst bits of bigotry have come from the left. Since I use a Jewish sounding screen name I get a bit of anti semitic greif on a regular basis. This despite the fact I have made clear repeatedly that I am not Jewish.

So from my personal limited experience on the matter, I can say that the racist grief I get comes 70% from the left.

You might also remember that several prominent righties on the board (Political Chick, Uptown Living, High Gravity) are minorities.
What you can absolutely guarantee in terms of bigotry is that bigots are generally pretty stupid. Your post, which demonstrates both your dim intellect and your bigotry is proof of that assertion.

It basically means that folks too much time with their prejudices and not enough time thinking. that is the nature of the animal and is unchangeable.

While we might want a new millennium of common sense, that is not in the cards.

So any time we discuss racial issues this is the fact we will have to deal with. People like Tank and Tinmore exist and they are but the tip of a malicious iceberg.

Very easy to say when you aren't affected by it.

This is how black people are able to say things like "It's a black thing, you don't understand."

Because, in reality...you don't.

It's mostly just abstract to you.

Thanks for providing a real life/real-time example.

To be fair, you don't understand what it's like to be not black. I don't think it's fair of you to insinuate that Baruch is somehow wholly ignorant of race relations in the U.S. He's merely suggesting that we ought to use common sense when dealing with fellow man.
What are you suggesting?

What are the downsides of being not black in a white-controlled and dominated United States of America?

Story I remember from the Wall St. Journal about a company that had lots of relocation costs, and they were bugged by the fact that their black employees were paying so much and getting so little when they moved house.

So they did a little experiment with appraisers. They had a house and they hung up pictures of white folks and brought in an appraiser, and then put up pictures of black folks and had an appraisal. They did this with lots of appraisers in lots of communities. Houses with pictures of black folks on the wall got an appraisal round 20% lower than houses with pictures of white folks. And in the range of prices, the black apprisers were about 5% worse consistently than the whites in lowering prices for black homeowners.

Worst differentials were in the urban North East. Spread was lowest in the west, where they added in asians to the mix and got about a 5% benefit for the asians vs blacks in the west, but the total spread fit within the 5% Prices white vs black pretty much fit in the statistical noise.

This was 20 years ago, and since then the rule is no pictures.

People have attitudes. What can you say?

It's a lot more than that sir.

What you fail to realize is how these "attitudes" as you so simply put it affects us all in our daily lives.

Extrapolate that to the justice system.

Extrapolate that to white/black race relations.

100 people passed the white kid, didn't do a thing. Not one thing.

However, the INSTANT the black kid came out there was outrage, OUTRAGE.

Then you have posters and posters on here that swear that they aren't racist and/or that America's not racist and that there's no such thing as DWB (Driving While Black) and police brutality on blacks etc.

When this simply exercise shows quite the opposite.

Powerful video.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but the same thing happened during Katrina. A black guy pushing a tub of drinks through the flood is a looter while white people doing the same are "rescuing" their belongings.

People need to learn to put their knee jerk reactions aside and try to determine the truth.

There was this one segment, where a black kid was stealing a bike and a white kid and a blonde girl was stealing the same bike, it recorded people's reactions. Surprisingly, they all had different reactions. You can see these people reactions here,

it's educational, but also kinda disturbing. I'm not posting this to create a stir, just to educate.
I was with a friend who had that show on and I saw it, too.

It was disturbing to see.

Heh, me? I would have assumed all of them were trying to rip the bike off.

You've come here to educate?

Good luck with that... LOL

Story I remember from the Wall St. Journal about a company that had lots of relocation costs, and they were bugged by the fact that their black employees were paying so much and getting so little when they moved house.

So they did a little experiment with appraisers. They had a house and they hung up pictures of white folks and brought in an appraiser, and then put up pictures of black folks and had an appraisal. They did this with lots of appraisers in lots of communities. Houses with pictures of black folks on the wall got an appraisal round 20% lower than houses with pictures of white folks. And in the range of prices, the black apprisers were about 5% worse consistently than the whites in lowering prices for black homeowners.

Worst differentials were in the urban North East. Spread was lowest in the west, where they added in asians to the mix and got about a 5% benefit for the asians vs blacks in the west, but the total spread fit within the 5% Prices white vs black pretty much fit in the statistical noise.

This was 20 years ago, and since then the rule is no pictures.

People have attitudes. What can you say?

It's a lot more than that sir.

What you fail to realize is how these "attitudes" as you so simply put it affects us all in our daily lives.

Extrapolate that to the justice system.

Extrapolate that to white/black race relations.

100 people passed the white kid, didn't do a thing. Not one thing.

However, the INSTANT the black kid came out there was outrage, OUTRAGE.

Then you have posters and posters on here that swear that they aren't racist and/or that America's not racist and that there's no such thing as DWB (Driving While Black) and police brutality on blacks etc.

When this simply exercise shows quite the opposite.

Powerful video.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but the same thing happened during Katrina. A black guy pushing a tub of drinks through the flood is a looter while white people doing the same are "rescuing" their belongings.

People need to learn to put their knee jerk reactions aside and try to determine the truth.
I recall that.

Katrina was a prime example of this video in real life.

Then people got upset when Kanye said what he did about Bush.

Black children go missing every day, yet the instant a white girl goes missing, it becomes national news.

The examples are endless, but that means nothing to the deniers.

I'm simply being racist and/or stirring up racial strife for reporting life as it is.

Racism is alive and well in the U.S. of A.

Black children go missing every day, yet the instant a white girl goes missing, it becomes national news.
White folks care more if a black child goes missing then black folks do.

You don't need to watch TV. Just look at what the right wingers on this site say. Oh, not ALL of them, only around 90%.
Do you get a tingle down your leg when you lie?

Because you are a liar, you know.

This is what the OP was complaining of. YOu have a bit of prejudice. You know this prejudice is false. you have read the posting of people. You know Tank and his ilk are universally reviled on the right. You have read enough of my postings to know this statement does not apply to me. And I am sure it is demonstrably false in General.
In my experience, the worst bits of bigotry have come from the left. Since I use a Jewish sounding screen name I get a bit of anti semitic greif on a regular basis. This despite the fact I have made clear repeatedly that I am not Jewish.

So from my personal limited experience on the matter, I can say that the racist grief I get comes 70% from the left.

You might also remember that several prominent righties on the board (Political Chick, Uptown Living, High Gravity) are minorities.
What you can absolutely guarantee in terms of bigotry is that bigots are generally pretty stupid. Your post, which demonstrates both your dim intellect and your bigotry is proof of that assertion.

:disbelief:

You're not Jewish? WTF! I'm going to stop giving you positive rep preference.

:50:

What a fucking idiotic thing to say.

Ah, when you see this:

looters2.jpg

It does make you think "looting", not "gathering items for a shelter". Regardless, looting is looting. It's never not a crime.

NewOrleansLooting.jpg

And looting liquor from a convenience store is not 'finding' stuff for 'survival'.

or a football, or a tv, or whatever.

katrina-looting.jpg

lootie.jpg

Looting can happen anywhere, but the parts of N/O that was hit the most, it was predominately poor. There's a correlation between poverty and crime, so, yes, it happens.

Assuming this is legit, here are black and white people looting:
looting_shoes.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RVHDlPqZWE]‪Katrina Looters‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

What a fucking idiotic thing to say.

It was a joke. :lol:

and it's no secret that the people of New Orleans were desperate:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zXZ-R0mcN0&feature=related]‪Desperation at the Convention Center‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Unfortunately, no one focuses on that part.

My best friend on the job in my former town was a black dude. We went to lunch 2-3 times a week and got along great. One Monday, he came to work and told me that a local restaurant wouldn't seat his party (him and a group of friends, mixed black and white). I told him that he was full of crap. We went back to the restaurant later that week so that he could show me. The hostess wouldn't even look at us. We stood in the lobby for a half hour while people got seated around us, and she simply wouldn't seat us at a table.

I finally asked to see the manager, but it was ridiculous. I believe, 100%, that it was because he's black.

Welcome to our world. As long as there are people like that ass Tank, that crap will continue on.

They are dying off though. Time will kill it, but we are too close to so much.
I wouldn't disagree with that assessment, Zona. The attitude IS dying out (I don't see it to the extent I did in years past), but it's definitely still quite real.

A wise friend remarked years ago, that at least a couple of generations then alive would have to pass, before we'd get past it all, and sadly, he was right. Laws are more easily changed than hearts and minds, it appears. There HAS been progress, but we still have a long way to go, and a lot to work out. That's not political; just reality.

You don't see that story being told, all you hear, and this is largely from the rabid right, is how they were looting.

No. They were SURVIVING!
This MoFo is going to be surviving real good, even got one in the pocket.

lootie.jpg

and it's no secret that the people of New Orleans were desperate:

‪Desperation at the Convention Center‬‏ - YouTube

Unfortunately, no one focuses on that part.

Powerful footage.

Brought tears to my eyes. And I've already seen it, years ago.

You don't see that story being told, all you hear, and this is largely from the rabid right, is how they were looting.

No. They were SURVIVING!

My son asked me why I was crying, too!

It's sad. People died. Little babies. Completely unnecessary. If aid groups had been allowed into NOLA after the water receded, a lot of that death could've been avoided.

I bet you if something like Katrina ever hit a place like Japan, the people would react differently.

Forum List

Back