Hate: A US Export

Wiki doesn't even say it's an American thing. Better hurry up and change that, Maddie!

"The group was formed in 1987 and is engaged in an armed rebellion against the Ugandan government in what is now one of Africa's longest-running conflicts. It is led by Joseph Kony, who proclaims himself the "spokesperson" of God and a spirit medium, primarily of the Holy Spirit, which the Acholi believe can represent itself in many manifestations.[3]

The group is based on apocalyptic Christianity[4][5][6][7][8][9][10], but also is influenced[11] by a blend of Mysticism[12] and traditional religion,[13] and claims to be establishing a theocratic state based on the Ten Commandments and Acholi tradition.[3][14][15]

The LRA is accused of widespread human rights violations, including murder, abduction, mutilation, sexual enslavement of women and children and forcing children to participate in hostilities.[16]

The LRA operates mainly in northern Uganda and also in parts of Sudan, Central African Republic and DR Congo.[17][18] The LRA is currently proscribed as a terrorist organization by the United States.[19][20]"

Lord's Resistance Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And here's the leader of the LRA:

"Joseph Kony was born in 1961 in Odek, a village east of Gulu in northern Uganda[1][2] Kony was the son of farmers. He was friendly to his siblings, but if they crossed him he came down hard on them.[5] During his teenage years, Joseph Kony apprenticed as the village witch doctor under his older brother, jamie brow, and when his older brother died, he took over full responsibility.[6] When confronted he often resorted to his fists rather than parrying verbally. He was teased in school about his size and the teachers gave him a hard time because he didn't seem too bright. His father was a lay apostle of the Catholic Church and his mother was an Anglican, Kony was an altar boy for several years. He stopped attending church at about the age of 15.[5"

Joseph Kony - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PS.."Anglican" is not "Evangelist" though he's not even Anglican.

Anglican is primarily Episcopalian, which is really a Church of England thing.

I still fail to see how the US is to blame for the hatred of homosexuality in Uganda.

We're not. The insinuation is ridiculous and doesn't even deserve our time of day. The U.S.A. is one of the most tolerant nations in the world when it comes to acceptance of homosexuality. In Africa and the Middle East they'll kill you for it and it's been that way since the dawning of time.

I ownder if the same double standard exists in Africa as does America. Male vs female hosexuality?

Come on now, I think everyone believe woman on woman sex should be promoted! :lol:
I differ on that view. I believe that has become the vogue since the late 60s; not that there's anything wrong with it.

It also seems to be a favorite fantasy of boyish men, not that anyone here is of that ilk.

I ownder if the same double standard exists in Africa as does America. Male vs female hosexuality?

Come on now, I think everyone believe woman on woman sex should be promoted! :lol:
I differ on that view. I believe that has become the vogue since the late 60s; not that there's anything wrong with it.

It also seems to be a favorite fantasy of boyish men, not that anyone here is of that ilk.

I joke I joke. I think anyone who believes homosexuality is a moral sin, would think that same whether its man on man or woman on woman!

How does one make the leap from someone saying "it's an American export because the queer lobby says so "to "it's okay for all gays to die"?

Just wondering, because that's the leap Rtard just made.

Typical.

So do you wish happiness for people you want to make "felons"? Why make them "felons"? Does it make sense now?

As the most outspoken gay rights advocate in Uganda, a country where homophobia is so severe that Parliament is considering a bill to execute gay people, Mr. Kato had received a stream of death threats, his friends said. A few months ago, a Ugandan newspaper ran an antigay diatribe with Mr. Kato’s picture on the front page under a banner urging, “Hang Them.”

On Wednesday afternoon, Mr. Kato was beaten to death with a hammer in his rough-and-tumble neighborhood. Police officials were quick to chalk up the motive to robbery, but members of the small and increasingly besieged gay community in Uganda suspect otherwise.

“David’s death is a result of the hatred planted in Uganda by U.S. evangelicals in 2009,” Val Kalende, the chairwoman of one of Uganda’s gay rights groups, said in a statement. “The Ugandan government and the so-called U.S. evangelicals must take responsibility for David’s blood.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/28/world/africa/28uganda.html?src=me&ref=homepage

Despicable. Just despicable.

Are you trying to say that no one hated gays before US evangelical groups told them that God wanted them to hate gays?

Some people really need to study the real history of US christian missionaries and their actual works.

Not all of the are bad, but they create as many problems as they solve.

They actually create more problems than they solve, but that does not make them responsible for everything bad that happens.

I still fail to see how the US is to blame for the hatred of homosexuality in Uganda.

Not the US, but "Right Wing America". There is a difference.

Those Americans went to Uganda and presented themselves as "accredited experts" and warned those people their children were in grave danger.

Ugandans have said they studied their evidence presented by these "experts" and acted to keep their children safe.

Suddenly, those American experts are saying they didn't expect it to be carried out so far. That their message of hate had been "misunderstood".

Go do some research. You sit in front of the Internet. There are videos from Uganda on Youtube. There is available testimony. You can even watch some of the seminar's given in Uganda.

But the truth is, many right wingers are secretly gleeful. They hope more if it would happen here. Look at Texas. Wants to make gays "felons". It's written into their Republican Party State Platform. Not wackos. No fringe. But mainstream right wingers.

How do you explain the fact that Muslims, who hate right wing America, also hate homosexuals?

To pin blame for hatred of homosexuals on a nation as a whole is absurd. The problem lies with religious teachings from religious books filled with hatred and parental and peer influences.
Go to any Islamic nation and find out what is taught about homosexuals. They have even more violent teachings about homosexuals than the Christians.

Forum List

Back