Hate: A US Export

Why not take a break from your Cheer Leading against US Interests Madeline, and consider your effect on why the world hates us? What do you expect to come of all of the propaganda you put out???

I know, it is only okay when the Left does it Syndrome. Never the Right. Nothing the Right ever does is in the service of a higher Ideal. ;)

What are you talking about! We export hate of gays to Uganda! Are you retarded?

One person makes a blanket assertion and you jump all over it. Evangelicals do the vast amount of the charity work in Africa. They run the vast amount of orphanages in Africa. They raise the most money for Africa. Evagelicals have been overly generous to Africa. Evagelicals are the best people in the world hands down! Every African country whether Black or Arab is a brutal oppressive country. They all have atrocisties. Uganda had a mass killing by the government of 300K of its own people by Muslim Idi Amin! Don't make it like they boyscouts!

As the most outspoken gay rights advocate in Uganda, a country where homophobia is so severe that Parliament is considering a bill to execute gay people, Mr. Kato had received a stream of death threats, his friends said. A few months ago, a Ugandan newspaper ran an antigay diatribe with Mr. Kato’s picture on the front page under a banner urging, “Hang Them.”

On Wednesday afternoon, Mr. Kato was beaten to death with a hammer in his rough-and-tumble neighborhood. Police officials were quick to chalk up the motive to robbery, but members of the small and increasingly besieged gay community in Uganda suspect otherwise.

“David’s death is a result of the hatred planted in Uganda by U.S. evangelicals in 2009,” Val Kalende, the chairwoman of one of Uganda’s gay rights groups, said in a statement. “The Ugandan government and the so-called U.S. evangelicals must take responsibility for David’s blood.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/28/world/africa/28uganda.html?src=me&ref=homepage

Despicable. Just despicable.

Actually what i think she is saying is despicable is the murder of the activist and that they blame the us for it.

Originally posted by Boedicca
This is just another lame excuse to blame America for a domestic issue.

Boedicca just masterfully summed up the entire "Immigration/Illegal immigration" forum of the USMB.

Just replace America with Mexico. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since when are we responsible for the actions of the man the beat him with a hammer?

I tire of this fucking bullshit.

I'm responsible for me and my family. Not for some jackass across the fucking oceans.

José;3260716 said:
Originally posted by Boedicca
This is just another lame excuse to blame America for a domestic issue.

Boedicca just masterfully summed up the entire "Immigration/Illegal immigration" forum of the USMB.

Just replace America with Mexico. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please explain how what happens there is the same as what happens here.

Originally posted by Two_Thumbs
Please explain how what happens there is the same as what happens here.

The presence of illegal immigrants in Russia is a russian domestic issue regardless of the fact that 90% of those immigrants come from China.

The presence of illegal immigrants in 19th century Mexico was a mexican domestic issue despite the fact that 99% of them were americans.

The presence of illegal immigrants in the US is an american domestic issue despite the fact that most of them are mexicans.

Many members of this Board use the nationality of those illegals as "a lame excuse to blame Mexico" for the fact that the US government does not solve this domestic issue, for the fact that they do not do what they get paid to do by the american people.

Last edited:
So, you guys think there is no connection between Exodus International and this murder? None between the death penalty bill being proposed in Uganda and that organization?

I do.

BTW, I also think Exodus International is a piss-poor example of christianity -- or none at all.

Why does the US take the blame for this? its not like homosexuals were loved and admired in Uganda before those evangelicals went there.

Because Val Kalende, the chairwoman of one of Uganda’s gay rights groups, said so.

And she knows that only if she can somehow make the Plight of Ugandan Queers relative to American Queers, she might be able to rug-munch with relative peace-of-mind.

So you're OK with murder? As long as it's gays? Or are there others?

I still fail to see how the US is to blame for the hatred of homosexuality in Uganda.

Not the US, but "Right Wing America". There is a difference.

Those Americans went to Uganda and presented themselves as "accredited experts" and warned those people their children were in grave danger.

Ugandans have said they studied their evidence presented by these "experts" and acted to keep their children safe.

Suddenly, those American experts are saying they didn't expect it to be carried out so far. That their message of hate had been "misunderstood".

Go do some research. You sit in front of the Internet. There are videos from Uganda on Youtube. There is available testimony. You can even watch some of the seminar's given in Uganda.

But the truth is, many right wingers are secretly gleeful. They hope more if it would happen here. Look at Texas. Wants to make gays "felons". It's written into their Republican Party State Platform. Not wackos. No fringe. But mainstream right wingers.

How does one make the leap from someone saying "it's an American export because the queer lobby says so "to "it's okay for all gays to die"?

Just wondering, because that's the leap Rtard just made.

Typical.

I still fail to see how the US is to blame for the hatred of homosexuality in Uganda.

They need someone to blame, other then their own dicks and where they go.

Exactly, Africans can never be responsible for the atrocities, it has to be the White Man! :eek:

Heck the African Slave Trade would not have been possible without African Warlords kidnapping and selling other Africans! :eusa_whistle:

I think they don't need to import hate of gays, they do fine on their own.
Edited Graphic Content.
And they are bashing Obama! Those damn racists!

Last edited:

They need someone to blame, other then their own dicks and where they go.

Exactly, Africans can never be responsible for the atrocities, it has to be the White Man! :eek:

Heck the African Slave Trade would not have been possible without African Warlords kidnapping and selling other Africans! :eusa_whistle:

Not just the white man....a very specific group...white CHRISTIAN, REPUBLICAN men.

Never mind that they have always been the ones to fight and die for the rights of that group of people, from the time of slavery up until today when they are still targeted and slaughtered wherever they go.

Not the US, but "Right Wing America". There is a difference.

Those Americans went to Uganda and presented themselves as "accredited experts" and warned those people their children were in grave danger.

Ugandans have said they studied their evidence presented by these "experts" and acted to keep their children safe.

Suddenly, those American experts are saying they didn't expect it to be carried out so far. That their message of hate had been "misunderstood".

Go do some research. You sit in front of the Internet. There are videos from Uganda on Youtube. There is available testimony. You can even watch some of the seminar's given in Uganda.

But the truth is, many right wingers are secretly gleeful. They hope more if it would happen here. Look at Texas. Wants to make gays "felons". It's written into their Republican Party State Platform. Not wackos. No fringe. But mainstream right wingers.

So before the Americans went to Uganda everything was peaches and cream for homosexuals over there?

Uganda had a GREAT history of peace and tolerance prior to the 90s dontcha know...

"On Jan. 25, 1971, Colonel Amin deposed President Obote. Obote went into exile in Tanzania. Amin expelled Asian residents and launched a reign of terror against Ugandan opponents, torturing and killing tens of thousands. In 1976, he had himself proclaimed "President for Life." In 1977, Amnesty International estimated that 300,000 may have died under his rule, including church leaders and recalcitrant cabinet ministers.

After Amin held military exercises on the Tanzanian border in 1978, angering Tanzania's president, Julius Nyerere, a combined force of Tanzanian troops and Ugandan exiles loyal to former president Obote invaded Uganda and chased Amin into exile in Saudi Arabia in 1979. After a series of interim administrations, President Obote led his People's Congress Party to victory in 1980 elections that opponents charged were rigged. On July 27, 1985, army troops staged a coup and took over the government. Obote fled into exile. The military regime installed Gen. Tito Okello as chief of state. "

Musevini won the election by a landslide in the 70s:

"Uganda has waged an enormously successful campaign against AIDS, dramatically reducing the rate of new infections through an intensive public health and education campaign. Museveni won reelection in March 2001 with 70% of the vote, following a nasty and spirited campaign."

Muslims set off a bomb, and it appears there's some sort of weird cult operating, but I see no reference to "American hate" being exported...

"Uganda's 18-year-long battle against the brutal Lord's Resistance Army (LRA), an extremist rebel group based in Sudan, showed signs of abating in Aug. 2006, when the rebels agreed to declare a truce. Between 8,000 and 10,000 children have been abducted by the LRA to form the army of "prophet" Joseph Kony, whose aim was to take over Uganda and run it according to his vision of Christianity. The boys are turned into soldiers and the girls into sex slaves. Up to 1.5 million people in northern Uganda have been displaced because of the fighting and the fear that their children will be abducted. Kony and three other LRA leaders have been indicted on charges of crimes against humanity by the International Criminal Court. The LRA and the government signed a permanent cease-fire in February 2008. Kony failed to show up to sign the landmark agreement several times in 2008, dashing hopes for formalized peace. The rebels, however, sought a cease-fire in January 2009, after the armies of Uganda, Southern Sudan, and Congo attacked their bases.

In July 2010, about 75 people watching the final game of the World Cup in a Kampala restaurant were killed in an explosion. The Somali militant Islamist group Al-Shabab claimed responsibility for the bombing, saying the attack was aimed at discouraging countries from supporting the transitional government in Somalia. Al-Shabab has been battling Somalia's weak, Western-backed government for power for several years. Uganda contributes troops to an African Union force that has been propping up the government in Somalia."

Read more: Uganda: History, Geography, Government, and Culture — Infoplease.com Uganda: History, Geography, Government, and Culture — Infoplease.com

I'm trying to figure out how the LRA is "American"?

"The bizarre and cult-like Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) continues to harass government forces and murder and kidnap civilians in the north and east. Although the LRA does not threaten the stability of the government, LRA violence has displaced 1.2 million people and created a humanitarian crisis. The Uganda Peoples Defense Force (UPDF) launched "Operation Iron Fist" against LRA rebels in northern Uganda in 2002 and conducted operations against LRA sanctuaries in southern Sudan with the permission of the Sudanese Government. Uganda and Sudan have resumed diplomatic relations and exchanged Ambassadors; however, Uganda continues to accuse Sudan of supporting the LRA. Sudan denies the allegations. "

History of Uganda

Forum List

Back