Hatch gives rousing farewell speech: "Senate is in crisis. compromise is synonymous with surrender"

They just passed the five year farm bill and legalized hemp in the US that was pushed through by Turtle Face er, McConnell.....

Where does the "rousing" part come in? Hatch is listed in the 15 republican "RINO's" and now he wants to give a black eye to the greatest administration in his shabby forty year career on his way out. How freaking pathetic.

They just passed the five year farm bill and legalized hemp in the US that was pushed through by Turtle Face er, McConnell.....
I don't trust McConnell to present a clean bill. What's the ringer planted within the bill?

I don't trust McConnell to present a clean bill. What's the ringer planted within the bill?
Legalized hemp ending the war on hemp.. I may plant twenty acres to see what I can get for it..
I heard some talk today about relaxing a reg on clean water but I didn't listen carefully, so I thought it may be part of the bill. Guess I'll look it up later to see what's there.

It takes ZERO guts to say that when you are leaving. Why did you not say that before...LOUD AND CLEAR?

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out...useless, old fart.
Lol
Only fools trust any career politicians... Shut the fuck up

Legalized hemp ending the war on hemp.. I may plant twenty acres to see what I can get for it..
I heard some talk today about relaxing a reg on clean water but I didn't listen carefully, so I thought it may be part of the bill. Guess I'll look it up later to see what's there.
I have not had a chance to read it either...I am sure it involves a lot of money.

The democrat Party > Country never compromises, not once, not ever and has decided that getting Illegals voters into the USA is more important that anything real Americans want.
What in the WORLD would you call the ACA?

That was the biggest sellout in the history of historical histories.

The fact that something is said over and over doesn't make it true.

The Senate Is No Longer in Order Says Retiring Senator Hatch

Untitled-design-7.jpg

He’s been there for more than 41 years. And he says he’s more than glad to be leaving. And I don’t blame him! All one has to do is watch Senate committee hearings to see the disorder and disrespect he talks about.

The Senate as an institution is in crisis,” Sen. Orrin Hatch said in his farewell address, concluding more than four decades of Senate service.

The committee process lies in shambles. Regular order is a relic of the past. And compromise…is now synonymous with surrender.” pic.twitter.com/Y66qJao33I

I was [in the Senate] when we could say, without any hint of irony, that we were members of the world greatest deliberative body. Times have certainly changed. Over the last several years, I have witnessed the subversion of Senate rules, the abandonment of regular order, and a full-scale deterioration of the judicial confirmation process. Polarization has ossified. And like the humidity here, partisanship permeates everything we do.”

Much more @ ‘Times Have Certainly Changed’: Orrin Hatch Warns of the Failure to Compromise in Senate Farewell Address

“The committee process lies in shambles. Regular order is a relic of the past. And compromise…is now synonymous with surrender.”

Exactly right. Good for him.
Well yes, but his refusal to compromise and help McConnell on judges is part of the problem. The argument against term limits was age brings an appreciation for institutions. Did he ever act to protect the FBI's independence? He's actually a posterchild for term limits, if he is what age brings.

Forum List

Back