Has the 16% come down ?

Drinking this early in the day and posting too.

At least you're honest about it.

Thanks for making my case.

That you have a drinking problem? I wouldn't have known it if you hadn't told me.

No data on the 16%...not surprised.

Of course, if it were there...you can bet the left wing loons would wallpaper the place with it.

My guess....nothing's changed.

What's your solution? Give unregulated corporate america the chain?

You really are always so ill-informed. The reason we spend so much on healthcare is because of government incompetence, not corporations. For instance- it is ILLEGAL for Medicare (one of the largest purchasers of drugs in the WORLD) to negotiate prices with the Pharmaceutical companies. ILLEGAL!! Who do you blame for that? The Drug companies, who negotiate with everyone else, or the fuckwits who run the government?

Wake up kid....
I blame Republicans in congress....you dont even know the half of it Zander.... it was Obamacare on steroids, that PHARMA bill....and the vote took place at around 11 pm the first time and guess what, enough republicans joined with Democrats to defeat the Medicare Pill Bill due to not being able to negotiate and some other things in there that they did not agree with....but guess what? The Republican leadership REFUSED to close the 15 minute vote, and left it opened until 3AM in the morning, while PHARMA lobbyists were allowed on the House floor to buy out the Republican congressmen that voted no on it so it would pass... and Abramoff, don't know if you remember the name, was also involved.....it was the most crooked thing i have ever witnessed in my life, honest to God, it truly was.... I stayed up till 3 am or maybe it was 3:30am watching it on c-span while it was going on....

The Republican leadership, the lobbyists, and even President Bush got involved a little and convinced enough of the republicans who originally voted against it, to change their vote....it was a 15 minute by the rules vote, that they left opened for 3 and a half hours...

And on top of all of this, the Head of the Republican Committee that put the PHARMA bill together, quit right after the vote and went to work for PHARMA for nearly 4 million dollars a year.... I don't even think he had the decency to finish his term? He just went for the Big Pay Back, in plain sight....

AND weeks after the bill passed, it was found out that the CBO actuary in charge of costing out the price of the PHARMA bill, was told by republican leadership to LIE,...about how much it would cost, and if he did not lie about what it costed out to for the Bill, they would fire him. He had to give an estimate of $500 billion over 10 years as the cost to the congress critters, but he knew his figures came out to something like ^780 billion...

AND after the bill was passed, notes were found and emails going to the Republicans on the committee in charge of writing the PHARMA bill, that was the precise bill that was presented and passed, ALL OF IT written by Pharma themselves, not even the committee....it was completely, word for word, written by PHARMA.

My husband, who had been a registered Republican for 25 years prior to that corrupt to the nth degree Medicare pill bill, gave up his party membership, after witnessing that....

Please read this, it will make you sick to your stomach, but read it anyway....

Poison Pill - Barbara T. Dreyfuss

And I am not saying in our History there has not been such cases where it was the Democratic party members doing similar things, but in this case, the corruption was primarily Republican.

You really are always so ill-informed. The reason we spend so much on healthcare is because of government incompetence, not corporations. For instance- it is ILLEGAL for Medicare (one of the largest purchasers of drugs in the WORLD) to negotiate prices with the Pharmaceutical companies. ILLEGAL!! Who do you blame for that? The Drug companies, who negotiate with everyone else, or the fuckwits who run the government?

Wake up kid....
I blame Republicans in congress....you dont even know the half of it Zander.... it was Obamacare on steroids, that PHARMA bill....and the vote took place at around 11 pm the first time and guess what, enough republicans joined with Democrats to defeat the Medicare Pill Bill due to not being able to negotiate and some other things in there that they did not agree with....but guess what? The Republican leadership REFUSED to close the 15 minute vote, and left it opened until 3AM in the morning, while PHARMA lobbyists were allowed on the House floor to buy out the Republican congressmen that voted no on it so it would pass... and Abramoff, don't know if you remember the name, was also involved.....it was the most crooked thing i have ever witnessed in my life, honest to God, it truly was.... I stayed up till 3 am or maybe it was 3:30am watching it on c-span while it was going on....

The Republican leadership, the lobbyists, and even President Bush got involved a little and convinced enough of the republicans who originally voted against it, to change their vote....it was a 15 minute by the rules vote, that they left opened for 3 and a half hours...

And on top of all of this, the Head of the Republican Committee that put the PHARMA bill together, quit right after the vote and went to work for PHARMA for nearly 4 million dollars a year.... I don't even think he had the decency to finish his term? He just went for the Big Pay Back, in plain sight....

AND weeks after the bill passed, it was found out that the CBO actuary in charge of costing out the price of the PHARMA bill, was told by republican leadership to LIE,...about how much it would cost, and if he did not lie about what it costed out to for the Bill, they would fire him. He had to give an estimate of $500 billion over 10 years as the cost to the congress critters, but he knew his figures came out to something like ^780 billion...

AND after the bill was passed, notes were found and emails going to the Republicans on the committee in charge of writing the PHARMA bill, that was the precise bill that was presented and passed, ALL OF IT written by Pharma themselves, not even the committee....it was completely, word for word, written by PHARMA.

My husband, who had been a registered Republican for 25 years prior to that corrupt to the nth degree Medicare pill bill, gave up his party membership, after witnessing that....

And I am not saying in our History there has not been such cases where it was the Democratic party members doing similar things, but in this case, the corruption was primarily Republican.

Well, Obamacare was passed using the exact same tactics. It was entirely written word for word by Insurance companies. Then sold to the public with massive numbers massaging by the CBO. If you collect 10 years of taxes and only pay 5 years of benefits- it actually SAVES Money!! Obamacare lowers the deficit!! :cuckoo: Then it was passed in the middle of the night on Christmas eve using budget reconciliation.

I don't subscribe to the binary view of politics, its unitary. Both parties do exactly the same things. I blame Government. PERIOD. Laying blame on one party is exactly why it keeps happening.

:thup:

Wake up kid....

Well, Obamacare was passed using the exact same tactics. It was entirely written word for word by Insurance companies. Then sold to the public with massive numbers massaging by the CBO. If you collect 10 years of taxes and only pay 5 years of benefits- it actually SAVES Money!! Obamacare lowers the deficit!! :cuckoo: Then it was passed in the middle of the night on Christmas eve using budget reconciliation.

I don't subscribe to the binary view of politics, its unitary. Both parties do exactly the same things. I blame Government. PERIOD. Laying blame on one party is exactly why it keeps happening.

Agree and as I said in my last post, Democrats have had similar things, I am not limiting it to one party....

however, you were talking about the Medicare pill Bill and this corrupt bill was specifically handled by the Republicans, so , THEY ARE the ones to blame and should NOT get a pass, just as those on Obamacare doing similar things should not get a pass....many on the Republican side went to jail that were involved in this medicare pill bill and other k-street corruption....

btw, Obamacare was not passed on Christmas eve, it was passed in late March of 2010.

What you need to do, and encourage other fellow Republicans to do, is write their congressmen and tell them you support negotiating bulk discounts for medicare.

The Democratic side, outside of a handful of Democratic senators that have some of big Pharma in their states so they are in pharma's pocket, support being able to negotiate bulk discount drug prices for Medicare....so it is your side of the aisle that needs to speak up, and we, us liberals will join you in this fight to change the situation and law....it is costing us tax payers a bundle for this as it stands, and we truly do not have the money to waste like this....

Wake up kid....

Agree and as I said in my last post, Democrats have had similar things, I am not limiting it to one party....

however, you were talking about the Medicare pill Bill and this corrupt bill was specifically handled by the Republicans, so , THEY ARE the ones to blame and should NOT get a pass, just as those on Obamacare doing similar things should not get a pass....many on the Republican side went to jail that were involved in this medicare pill bill and other k-street corruption....

btw, Obamacare was not passed on Christmas eve, it was passed in late March of 2010.

What you need to do, and encourage other fellow Republicans to do, is write their congressmen and tell them you support negotiating bulk discounts for medicare.

The Democratic side, outside of a handful of Democratic senators that have some of big Pharma in their states so they are in pharma's pocket, support being able to negotiate bulk discount drug prices for Medicare....so it is your side of the aisle that needs to speak up, and we, us liberals will join you in this fight to change the situation and law....it is costing us tax payers a bundle for this as it stands, and we truly do not have the money to waste like this....

Obamacare passed the Senate on Christmas eve.

Senate passes historic healthcare reform legislation in 60-39 vote

The House was never going to be a problem.

Wake up kid....

Obamacare passed the Senate on Christmas eve.

Senate passes historic healthcare reform legislation in 60-39 vote

The House was never going to be a problem.

Until it actually became law.

Still no data on the % of GDP.

That should tell you something (let me explain it to you.....if there were reasonable data to present...you can bet the left wing nazis who pushed this disaster through would be wallpapering the place with it).

Wake up kid....

Do you recall the 16% claim (which was true) ?

Do you have any updated information ?

I can't find any.

Do you recall the 16% claim (which was true) ?

In 2008, as it says in the article you linked to.

Do you have any updated information ?

I can't find any.

Sigh...click on the link that says CMS Office of the Actuary...on the page you linked to. :rolleyes:

It will take you through 2013. Before implementation of the PPACA, so you'll just have to manufacture some faux outrage.

Anyone got numbers ?

Has the 16% come down ?

You do. Right under your nose, Click on the link that says CMS Office of the Actuary...on the page you linked to. :rolleyes:

It will take you through 2013. Before implementation of the PPACA, so you'll just have to manufacture some faux outrage.

Ah, I see. Thinskin's got me on Ignore, so he'll continue to look foolish.

Would some kind soul please tell him the numbers he's looking for are right on the page he linked to in the OP? Thank you.

Still looking for those numbers.

Yet again: They're right under your nose, Click on the link that says CMS Office of the Actuary...on the page you linked to. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back