Has outsourcing killed Boeing?

Oldguy

Sep 25, 2012
Texas
This author thinks Boeing's decision to outsource 70% of the 787 Dreamliner has resulted in the company handing the Japanese a technological advantage which will leave Boeing in the dust.

Once again, a short-term, bottom line goal and deliberate union-busting may lead to another key American industry falling behind.

Yeah, you can do things cheaper overseas and turn a quick profit, but what about the future? Does anybody care anymore?

What Went Wrong at Boeing: My Two Cents - Forbes

Most of us unionized workers at Kennedy Space Center are a huge reason why America is and will continue to be the leader of the pack when it comes to space flight.

This author thinks Boeing's decision to outsource 70% of the 787 Dreamliner has resulted in the company handing the Japanese a technological advantage which will leave Boeing in the dust.

Once again, a short-term, bottom line goal and deliberate union-busting may lead to another key American industry falling behind.

Yeah, you can do things cheaper overseas and turn a quick profit, but what about the future? Does anybody care anymore?

What Went Wrong at Boeing: My Two Cents - Forbes
Of course, we care. We care that companies making profits for their investors continue to do so rather than be subsidized or owned outright by the federal government. A productive, profitable company continues to grow and generate jobs. A company squeezed into lower and lower profits by greedy union demands has no alternative but to seek cheaper labor overseas. The unions cut off their noses to spite their faces. Live with it!

Most of us unionized workers at Kennedy Space Center are a huge reason why America is and will continue to be the leader of the pack when it comes to space flight.
NASA is a government entity that has, thanks to the stupidity of Barack Obama, been stripped of its noble and worthy goal of expanding our knowledge through space exploration so it can concentrate on the ridiculous effort of making Muslims feel good about their contribution to science and the advancement of mankind. There is no need to outsource there. Our taxes pay your salaries.

Neither of you will admit that unions have outlived their usefulness, so I will leave you to bask in your self applied glory.

Last edited:

The bet that has been made by this administration is that space travel can and will be done better by someone other than NASA - in fact anyone but NASA. Seems Cape Canaveral is now being rented out for birthday parties, weddings and other social events. Go figure.

Of course, we care. We care that companies making profits for their investors continue to do so rather than be subsidized or owned outright by the federal government. A productive, profitable company continues to grow and generate jobs. A company squeezed into lower and lower profits by greedy union demands has no alternative but to seek cheaper labor overseas. The unions cut off their noses to spite their faces. Live with it!

What good is job creation for the country if it's taking place overseas?

See, your comment highlights an important point: Pleasing the investors, at the expense of the nation's economic future, is precisely what's wrong. There really ARE other considerations than simply profit. A nation without workers making a living wage will soon result in manufacturer's reducing their product price to the lowest possible level, while maximizing profit, but nobody will have the money to buy their product at any price.

They're killing the goose which laid our golden egg because they have no social conscience, no morality, no desire to do anything other than grow as personally rich as possible.

Was the battery at fault designed in Japan or the United States? I doubt outsourcing can be blamed for a problem with the aircraft's battery. Also, the Boeing are far from dead, they have been doing quite well with orders for other aircraft recently, especially the 737 Max.

Was the battery at fault designed in Japan or the United States? I doubt outsourcing can be blamed for a problem with the aircraft's battery. Also, the Boeing are far from dead, they have been doing quite well with orders for other aircraft recently, especially the 737 Max.

Boeing will figure this problem out. The media is over-reacting, as usual.

I don't believe Boeing employees are union.

You also didn't believe Romney could lose. You're wrong again.

Benefits and Compensation Union Represented Employees

Hey stupid -
It's a private company Boeing: Careers - Benefits - U.S. Benefits Overview
I am sure some of the tasks are unionized - like taking out the trash or cleaning toilets.

Care to make a wager on that, genius? A little sig line wager perhaps? :lol:

Since I know you won't, pussy boi...

Saying a strike now appears likely, the union representing Boeing Co's 23,000 engineers held picket-line training this week to prepare for a work stoppage that could disrupt billions of dollars worth of plane deliveries and help Airbus catch up to Boeing on jet designs.

Boeing's engineer union says strike is likely, prepares workers

The article didn't say "Union busting" they talked more about Japanese technology specifically with respect to Carbon fibers.

Instead of carbon footprints we should focus on carbon fibers

They offer employee benefits, where does it say Union?

Um...in the fucking title. Honestly.

OK, did you see this?

Boeing: Benefits & Compensation

Not everyone at Boeing belongs to a Union

No shit, Sherlock. Damn good thing I never said they were. It was that moron Warrior that was claiming that Boeing employees didn't belong to a union. When that was proven false, he tried the "toilet cleaners" angle which also proved to be another Warrior epic fail. You'd think he'd get tired of being so wrong, but he just doubles down.

Closet masochist I think.

They had a rocket back in the early 60s at NASA. It would not work and they could not fire it.
They nick named it "the civil servant".
Credit your union for increasing the safety in an industry that is most likely the most dangerous out there for some of the workers.

No shit, Sherlock. Damn good thing I never said they were. It was that moron Warrior that was claiming that Boeing employees didn't belong to a union. When that was proven false, he tried the "toilet cleaners" angle which also proved to be another Warrior epic fail. You'd think he'd get tired of being so wrong, but he just doubles down.

Closet masochist I think.

Nice back peddle, assbreath

Forum List

Back