Has anyone taken the antibiotic Keflex

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
I am on it because I had spine surgery on Tuesday and I guess there is a high risk of infection when your working on the spine. I have been taking this med since Tues. It is tearing up my stomach. do you think I should call the dr for a new med or just wait it out since I only have a day and half left.. Anyone else get these symptoms on this medication.. :confused:

I've taken Keflex - it's fairly heavy duty. Your doctor likely prescribed it for a good reson.

Get some probiotics to help replenish your good bacteria (I recommend iflora) - and don't take the Keflex on an empty stomach.

I am on it because I had spine surgery on Tuesday and I guess there is a high risk of infection when your working on the spine. I have been taking this med since Tues. It is tearing up my stomach. do you think I should call the dr for a new med or just wait it out since I only have a day and half left.. Anyone else get these symptoms on this medication.. :confused:

Nahh don't call your doctor, just continue asking people on a political message board..

Idiot.

Nahh don't call your doctor, just continue asking people on a political message board..

Idiot.

Wow you are very heartless bitch and the libs are SOOOOOOOOOOO tolerant. What a low life you are.. I bet you kill kittens..

I asked a question. There are people on here that are nurses ... . If you dont have anything to say dont say it all and this was under GENERAL Discussion and not the political BOARD asshole

Idiot.

Wow you are very heartless bitch and the libs are SOOOOOOOOOOO tolerant. What a low life you are.. I bet you kill kittens..

I asked a question. There are people on here that are nurses ... . If you dont have anything to say dont say it all and this was under GENERAL Discussion and not the political BOARD asshole

You're so stupid though.

Call your doctor and tell him the side effects you are having....

I've taken Keflex - it's fairly heavy duty. Your doctor likely prescribed it for a good reson.

Get some probiotics to help replenish your good bacteria (I recommend iflora) - and don't take the Keflex on an empty stomach.

none of that will do any good until the antibiotics are out of her system..... 3 days after her last dose.

But...it will be a good idea once she is done with them.

look up the side effects and do not take on an empty stomach.

btw I am a brain surgeon, Nascar mechanic and rocket scientist.
:D

Are you taking it on an empty stomach?

It's a first generation cephalosporin with similar coverage, though a different mechanism of action, as penicillin.

They are well established antibiotics, but generally if you take any antibiotic on an empty stomach it will upset it.

now now sarah we discuss medical issues all the time....keflex is heavy duty and you need a food tummie.....

spine operation sounds serious....

Idiot.

Oh shut up, Sarah. She's just asking a question. Geesh.

I'm allergic to penicillin and erythromycin tears my stomach up something awful. Keflex is my go-to antibiotic, never bothered me.

You can try sticking it out for a few more days but I'd call the doc and get the meds switched.

Hope you feel better soon!

Idiot.

Shut up? Shut up yourself.

What does Geesh mean?

Idiot.

What does Geesh mean?

Geesh = eyeroll and the like.

She asked a question and you jump all over her and call her an idiot. Come on! Totally uncalled for and you know it.

If you didn't have anything constructive to add to the conversation then not saying anything at all is wise.

Would it kill anyone to just be nice to the 'other guy' once in a while?

What does Geesh mean?

She asked a question and you jump all over her and call her an idiot. Come on! Totally uncalled for and you know it.

If you didn't have anything constructive to add to the conversation then not saying anything at all is wise.

She's annoying. You're getting there.

What does Geesh mean?

Oh come on, Sarah. That's lame even for you. Besides, I'm a fun guy! :D

If you didn't have anything other than insults to sling why not, just this once, be nice and say nothing? She was just asking a question on here cause she knew she'd get a quick answer, she knew some on here have medical knowledge and she was looking for someone else who experienced something similar.

I ask questions about computer problems to folks on here ... guess in your eyes that makes me an idiot too.

Oh come on, Sarah. That's lame even for you. Besides, I'm a fun guy! :D

If you didn't have anything other than insults to sling why not, just this once, be nice and say nothing? She was just asking a question on here cause she knew she'd get a quick answer, she knew some on here have medical knowledge and she was looking for someone else who experienced something similar.

I ask questions about computer problems to folks on here ... guess in your eyes that makes me an idiot too.

I was done with it, you brought it up again. You weren't very nice to me either, you told me to shut up. So apologize and I'll leave quietly.

I took it ages ago and yes it tore my stomach up.

IMO you should tell your doctor and ask him about the benefits vs the side effects. Follow his advice and then you will know for the next time you need an antibotic that this one hurts your stomach and ask for something else.

Forum List

Back