Has anyone noticed....

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
RWA and GOP Guy

As you both know, I am not very knowledgable regarding political issues....something I am hopefully remedying by reading this site and asking questions to members of all sides.

I have issue with some things in this thread.

GOP guy - I think you voice yourself very well but it disturbs me to hear your damn near violent hatred of anyone that thinks differently than you. Something seems wrong about that....

RWA - as you know, you were one of the first to take me to task here and make me think and truth to tell (as you know), at first I hated you for it (lol) because who likes to question themselves. However, you made me look at some things and I feel Ive learned from that, and therefore a better person for the lesson. One of the things that you said was (Im paraphrasing) that you felt that I had fallen into the trap of the misconception that all conservatives were evil. This is something that has stuck in my mind while reading all the posts here on the upper half of the board. I try very hard to not do that whether its towards the right or the left. However, it seems that you and GOP guy are doing that now. If not all consevatives are evil, then how can all liberals be morons or whatever ya'll call them? I cant make that make sense in my mind.

Understand, Im not taking either of you to task, calling you down or anything of the sort....Im truly asking for the sake of understanding only.

Please dont make me sorry for doing so.

Eagerly awaiting responses from each of you,
L

I will try not to let my hate for the left affect my judgement and seep into my posts, sorry.

GOP

no no no - that isnt what I was saying at all hon

My question is how? I really am curious - Im not being facetious or trying to cunningly lure you into a bash session. I want to know how you can feel that way about ALL liberals when you have issue with the liberals making blanket statements about ALL conservatives.

thats all

you dont need to apologize or anything - Im truly curious is all

Originally posted by KLSuddeth
GOP

no no no - that isnt what I was saying at all hon

My question is how? I really am curious - Im not being facetious or trying to cunningly lure you into a bash session. I want to know how you can feel that way about ALL liberals when you have issue with the liberals making blanket statements about ALL conservatives.

thats all

you dont need to apologize or anything - Im truly curious is all

Okay, I let me rephrase this. I don't the the people, I hate the ideology. I know there are some good liberals, just as I know there are some bad conservatives. Is that any better?

Forum List

Back