Has anyone else noticed....

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
The wife and I love to eat out a couple times a week just so we dont have to cook or clean up the aftermath.
We both have always laughed about our expectations when it comes to price and we've always said expect it to cost 25% more than we expect.
Our average dinner bill usually runs around $200 bucks and I'm fine with that.
But here lately it's gotten ridiculous,we went to a new mexican joint and a decent Top shelf Margarita ended up costing $20 friggen bucks by the the time you added a topper so you could actually taste the tequila!!!
My entree of fajitas and two quail ran for $36 bucks and to be honest I can make either one ten times better than what they turned out.
The bill was over $230 before the tip. Am I just getting old and I'm turning into an old curmudgeon and I just dont realize it?
And like I said,I dont mind $200 bucks for dinner but I expect a damn site more than what I just paid for.
Hell,I dont mind $300 bucks on occasion if the food is outstanding but here lately thats just not the case.
Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited:
The wife and I love to eat out a couple times a week just so we dont have to cook or clean up the aftermath.
We both have always laughed about our expectations when it comes to price and we've always said expect it to cost 25% more than we expect.
But here lately it's gotten ridiculous,we went to a new mexican joint and a decent Top shelf Margarita ended up costing $20 friggen bucks by the the time you added a topper so you could actually taste the tequila!!!
My entree of fajitas and two quail ran for $36 bucks and to be honest I can make either one ten times better than what they turned out.
The bill was over $230 before the tip. Am I just getting old and I'm turning into an old curmudgeon and I just dont realize it?
And like I said,I dont mind $200 bucks for dinner but I expect a damn site more than what I just paid for.
Hell,I dont mind $300 bucks on occasion if the food is outstanding but her lately thats just not the case.
Anyone else seeing this?
67979508.jpg

Hell,I dont mind $300 bucks on occasion if the food is outstanding but her lately thats just not the case.
Anyone else seeing this?
67979508.jpg

I would have had five but at those prices.....

Hell,I dont mind $300 bucks on occasion if the food is outstanding but here lately thats just not the case.
Anyone else seeing this?

For that much money I'd expect the waitress to climb under the table and give me a great BJ! ...And I live in NYC!

Anyone else seeing this?

For that much money I'd expect the waitress to climb under the table and give me a great BJ! ...And I live in NYC!

I here ya!!!
The shit is getting ridiculous!!!!

Anyone else seeing this?

I here ya!!!

Honestly, I wouldn't go into Manhattan unless dragged, and someone was BUYING me a meal there.... L.I.has many great restaurants with a good bottle of wine, and 2 steaks cost under $150! AND if you know the owner as I do in many Queens Italian joints, the bill is always under $100... But you had to be a "Soprano" IF YOU GET MY DRIFT.

Anyone else seeing this?

I here ya!!!

Honestly, I wouldn't go into Manhattan unless dragged, and someone was BUYING me a meal there.... L.I.has many great restaurants with a good bottle of wine, and 2 steaks cost under $150! AND if you know the owner as I do in many Queens Italian joints, the bill is always under $100... But you had to be a "Soprano" IF YOU GET MY DRIFT.

Knowing people makes a whole lot of difference.
When we go to our favorite Cajun joint by the time we hit our table they have our drinks waiting for us and I can always count on having half of them missing from the final tab.
Those places know how to encourage loyalty.

Anyone else seeing this?

$200~$300 regularly just for the two of you????

Damn where you eat?

I thought me having a $120 steak a few weeks ago was ridiculous when normally I would go to Outback and that would cost me $50 bucks plus a couple of beers

Anyone else seeing this?

Damn where you eat?

I thought me having a $120 steak a few weeks ago was ridiculous when normally I would go to Outback and that would cost me $50 bucks plus a couple of beers

With only going out a couple of times a week two or three hundred ain't that bad.
And I will say that a third is bar tab.
The thing that kills me is Houston is known for their restaurants.
In fact there are more restaurants per capita than any other city in the nation.
I've grown used to reasonable prices for top of the line food but these days the prices are going through the roof.
It wasnt five years ago you could go to a decent restaurant and spend a hundred and fifty bucks and leave well satisfied. And I mean busting at the seams and barely able to walk!!!

Anyone else seeing this?

Damn where you eat?

So if there were two of you you're talking $240.

Anyone else seeing this?

Damn where you eat?

Lol, I am not taking my redneck girlfriend out to eat for $250, The cheap ass diner all the way :)

Anyone else seeing this?

Damn where you eat?

Lol, I am not taking my redneck girlfriend out to eat for $250, The cheap ass diner all the way :)

You sorry bastard.....:lmao:
Damn you got me crying I'm laughing so hard!!!

Anyone else seeing this?

Damn where you eat?

All I can think of is this song....

Anyone else seeing this?

Damn where you eat?

With only going out a couple of times a week two or three hundred ain't that bad.
In fact there are more restaurants per capita than any other city in the nation.
I've grown used to reasonable prices for top of the line food but these days the prices are going through the roof.
It wasnt five years ago you could go to a decent restaurant and spend a hundred and fifty bucks and leave well satisfied. And I mean busting at the seams and barely able to walk!!!
Do you suppose its global warming?

Anyone else seeing this?

Damn where you eat?

Do you suppose its global warming?

Hell...what else can it be!!!

Anyone else seeing this?

We ate at Tommy's Don in Webster last Friday. There were four of us. Was my first "fancy" dinner or real "fancy" one anyway. We hit $200+- and was very happy with the food. I recommend the pork chop.

Anyone else seeing this?

We ate at Tommy's Don in Webster last Friday. There were four of us. Was my first "fancy" dinner or real "fancy" one anyway. We hit $200+- and was very happy with the food. I recommend the pork chop.

See now thats reasonable.

Forum List

Back