Has a woman ever started a global religion?

if a woman or an eunuch or anybody....started anything!

ANYTHING!

like I..like we .. give
a crap.

nope we do not.

"Tenrikyō originated with Nakayama Miki (1798–1887), a charismatic peasant from Yamato Province (modern Nara Prefecture), who claimed she became possessed by a god called Tenri Ō no Mikoto (“Lord of Divine Wisdom”) when she was 40 years old.

Tenrikyō, (Japanese: “Religion of Divine Wisdom”), largest and most successful of the modern Shintō sects in Japan. Though founded in the 19th century, it is often considered in connection with the evangelistic “new religions” of contemporary Japan."

Tenrikyo | Japanese religion

who gives

a flying fig

if a a woman did this or that????????????

oh my Lord ...I want to scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand it no more

WHO CAN GIVE A FIG??????????????????????
logo.png

Thinking of it the other day I wondered if a woman ever founded a religion that endured and got popular so it expanded beyond her own small circle of friends like. Seems to me every world religion you'll have ever heard of was begun by a man. Is that wrong?

Jesus for example never founded a new religion - somehow the christian religion was started because of him by women. We believe in the testimony of women about his resurrection so we are able to see in Jesus the true god from the true god. And this true god from true god was born and educated from mother Mary. One of the titles of Mary from Magdala is by the way "apostle of the apostles" today we could say perhaps also "teacher of the teachers" . Without this women - and much more other women - I don't think the Christian religion would exist. They are somehow our founding mothers.

Last edited:
No, because main tasks of womans are children bearing and cooking.Woman is created as an addition to man which help him.

Thinking of it the other day I wondered if a woman ever founded a religion that endured and got popular so it expanded beyond her own small circle of friends like. Seems to me every world religion you'll have ever heard of was begun by a man. Is that wrong?

Yes.

Its called the religion of PUSSY.

Men all over the world follow it every day.

"The Church of Bad Drivers" has millions of members worldwide.

More than likely started by this Asian woman.

No, because main tasks of womans are children bearing and cooking.Woman is created as an addition to man which help him.

Do you speak with me? ... No ... Seems to be a nice form of not existing german humor. Confusing. Thought only we don't have no humor.

Last edited:
A few denominational examples exist, but was thinking more of a root religion like Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Budhism, etc.

You named the big five. They were all started by males.

Hinduism wasn't. Doesn't have a founder.

But of the other four, three of them have deities. And they're all "male".
What a coincidence.

That means Hinduism has two possibilities. It was either founded by an anonymous man or an anonymous woman.

Any idea why the men of other religions wanted to be front and center while the founder of Hinduism chose to be anonymous? Could it be because it was a girl?

When Mary had Jesus.

A few denominational examples exist, but was thinking more of a root religion like Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Budhism, etc.

You named the big five. They were all started by males.

Hinduism wasn't. Doesn't have a founder.

But of the other four, three of them have deities. And they're all "male".
What a coincidence.

That means Hinduism has two possibilities. It was either founded by an anonymous man or an anonymous woman.

Any idea why the men of other religions wanted to be front and center while the founder of Hinduism chose to be anonymous? Could it be because it was a girl?

It simply doesn't have a founder. Nobody woke up one day and decided "I'm gonna start Hinduism". It's more a collection of philosophies and principles that evolved over the eons. No one central person involved.

All religions are not created equal by a long shot. There's a tremendous diversity of ways humans find to address the questions of the Infinite. Founders, deities, sacraments, these are not necessarily required accouterments.

However, to the psychological idea, if some hypothetical "religion X" did have a founder who didn't bother to immortalize their own name within it, thinking the spirituality more important, I'd say that would indicate more likely a female than a male. Passing up immortality isn't a real popular guy thing. :cool:

Forum List

Back