Harvard will host its first ever “black only” graduation ceremony

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
This is racist and a disgrace to all racial progress made over the last 60 yrs

MLK would be disgusted at this

if you are a black person who goes to Harvard, you are the furthest thing from opressed!

I am waiting for the RIGHTS FOR THE LEFT HANDED ----march on washington

if you are a black person who goes to Harvard, you are the furthest thing from opressed!

Me not know that many blacks went to Harvard

As the Black Lives Matter movement has risen to national prominence, so has the number of people spluttering the Dr. King’s Legacy logical fallacy, which runs a little like this:
Here now, cease that [form of protest] immediately, you scallywags. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. would not approve! [Insert random quote from the Birmingham jail letter, the speech he gave during The March for Jobs and Freedom, or favorite MLK factoid.]
Logical fallacies often overlap, but this one is a Russian nesting doll of the things. Assertion. Appeal to authority and emotion. No True Scotsman. Cherry picking.
What am I forgetting? Because there’s often a strong implication that anyone who would do anything that wouldn’t meet with Dr. King’s approval is a bad black person, ad hominem, although it could be another form of appeal to feels.

The Dr. King's Legacy logical fallacy - Lawyers, Guns & Money

Whenever any black person utters words that make white people adjust their collars, white people unfailingly respond with a variation of the phrase “but not all white people.” If they are bold enough, they might even challenge you with the Super Saiyan Caucasian preamble of all preambles: “What would Martin Luther King say about ... ”

https://www.theroot.com/what-martin-luther-king-jr-would-say-about-white-peop-1822030959

When did a lot of blacks start going to HARVARD??????????

When did a lot of blacks start going to HARVARD??????????

They don't.

I don't understand

Blacks are about 13-14 percent of the Harvard student body.

The problem with whites here is they have never been in such a situation whereby they are so few in number that they don't feel safe or how there is nothing there for them.

RE: The information in the thread title

1. I found the information astonishing. Harvard, of course, is proudly liberal/progressive. So it is amazing that it would have a separate graduation ceremony for one ethnicity.

2. NEVERTHELESS, I find nothing wrong with such a graduation ceremony.

3. I am loving the idea of safe spaces more and more every day.

a. Everyone should always feel safe.

* Some university dormitories, for example, have floors dedicated to a particular ethnicity, where the residents can feel safe among themselves.

* Some reformers say that prisoners should be safe from being raped by other prisoners.

* Educational leaders say our children should be safe from being bullied by other students.

BOTTOM LINE:

Maybe separation is not so bad as we have been taught.

Maybe there should be MORE separation in various areas, such as graduation ceremonies, housing arrangements in prison, class assignments in schools, etc.

RE: The information in the thread title

1. I found the information astonishing. Harvard, of course, is proudly liberal/progressive. So it is amazing that it would have a separate graduation ceremony for one ethnicity.

2. NEVERTHELESS, I find nothing wrong with such a graduation ceremony.

3. I am loving the idea of safe spaces more and more every day.

a. Everyone should always feel safe.

* Some university dormitories, for example, have floors dedicated to a particular ethnicity, where the residents can feel safe among themselves.

* Some reformers say that prisoners should be safe from being raped by other prisoners.

* Educational leaders say our children should be safe from being bullied by other students.

BOTTOM LINE:

Maybe separation is not so bad as we have been taught.

Maybe there should be MORE separation in various areas, such as graduation ceremonies, housing arrangements in prison, class assignments in schools, etc.

People should feel safe based on reality. Not things they make up, not "rates" as opposed to totals while ignoring the history of violent occurrences, but reality.

Forum List

Back