Harvard Professor Jailed; Officer Is Accused of Bias

Anyone else find it wildly amusing that mani and del, two white guys, fear this incident will chip another hole in the monument to white male supremacy that they subconsciously huddle under?

no more amusing than watching the contortions you're going through to try to paint this cop as an out of control, power mad, redneck, racist.

now, that's funny. :thup:
redneck? racist? perhaps you're projecting?

Anyone else find it wildly amusing that mani and del, two white guys, fear this incident will chip another hole in the monument to white male supremacy that they subconsciously huddle under?

no more amusing than watching the contortions you're going through to try to paint this cop as an out of control, power mad, redneck, racist.

no, you're just disingenuous.

we're used to it.

:eusa_whistle:

No that the charges were dropped points to Gates "friends in high places".

Face it, if it were you or I, charges would have been filed. But then again, if it was me at least, I wouldn't have been yelling at the officer like that.
No charges would have been filed in anyone's case because no crime was committed (other than the officer's abuse of power) and the police knew they couldn't prove one had. I give the Cambridge Police credit for at least dropping the charges.

What do you think of the notion that it was Mr Gates who abused his power? He flipped out at the police JUST because they had the nerve to be there questioning him. He instantly got overly defensive toward the officer, grabbed his cell phone and immediately began calling his powerful friends. He escalated the situation and acted as if he was above the law. Ultimately he provoked the police to assert their authority in order to calm him down. They warned him to stop ranting and he continued. The officer was not responding to his race, he was responding to his disorderly behavior amidst the legal procedure the situation required.

I'm repeating myself, but I think ANYONE who responds to routine inquiry the way this man evidently did, deserves to be arrested for disorderly conduct. I wonder if some of you would feel the same way if this very same behavior was exhibited in the exact same situation and the person who was acting like an elitist brat toward the civil servant police was Jenna Bush for example?

WHY? BECAUSE I'M A BUSH? DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? I'M GONNA CALL MY DADDY AND TELL ON YOU! I'M GONNA SUE YOU FOR HARASSMENT, YOU DON'T KNOW WHO YOU'RE MESSING WITH. WAAA I'M CRANKY, YOU SEXIST PIG! DON'T TOUCH ME! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS TO THE BUSHES IN AMERICA, HOW DARE YOU?

Tell me you wouldn't be laughing at her and applauding the cops? :eusa_think:

I'd rep you for that but it says I have to spread some around first....

There's a fair amount of trolling going on in this thread mani and del need to quit it and focus on the topic at hand.

Newsflash: We are now 400 posts deep in this thread. Nobody posting has added any real value to the discussion over the last 300.

we're used to it.

The we tactic? For shame!
dis⋅in⋅gen⋅u⋅ous

  /ˌdɪs
thinsp.png
ɪnˈdʒɛn
thinsp.png
yu
thinsp.png
əs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [dis-in-jen-yoo-uh
thinsp.png
s] Show IPA Use disingenuous in a Sentence

–adjective lacking in frankness, candor, or sincerity; falsely or hypocritically ingenuous; insincere: Her excuse was rather disingenuous.

Origin:
1645–55; dis- 1 + ingenuous
thinsp.png

Related forms:
dis⋅in⋅gen⋅u⋅ous⋅ly, adverb
dis⋅in⋅gen⋅u⋅ous⋅ness, noun

If you think I am being insincere when I say the officer was out of line, think whatever you want. No skin off my nose.

Are you now going to charge me with being tumultuous? :tongue:

we're used to it.

The we tactic? For shame!
dis⋅in⋅gen⋅u⋅ous

  /ˌdɪs
thinsp.png
ɪnˈdʒɛn
thinsp.png
yu
thinsp.png
əs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [dis-in-jen-yoo-uh
thinsp.png
s] Show IPA Use disingenuous in a Sentence

–adjective lacking in frankness, candor, or sincerity; falsely or hypocritically ingenuous; insincere: Her excuse was rather disingenuous.

Origin:
1645–55; dis- 1 + ingenuous
thinsp.png

Related forms:
dis⋅in⋅gen⋅u⋅ous⋅ly, adverb
dis⋅in⋅gen⋅u⋅ous⋅ness, noun

If you think I am being insincere when I say the officer was out of line, think whatever you want. No skin off my nose.

Are you now going to charge me with being tumultuous? :tongue:

we'll think it over and get back to you.

some may agree, others *shrug*

There's a fair amount of trolling going on in this thread mani and del need to quit it and focus on the topic at hand.

Newsflash: We are now 400 posts deep in this thread. Nobody posting has added any real value to the discussion over the last 300.

Speak for yourself, you're one of the main trolls not adding anything.

Correction. I am THE main troll not adding anything. Whereas you are a mere dumbass plebe troll not adding anything.

Speak for yourself, you're one of the main trolls not adding anything.

Correction. I am THE main troll not adding anything. Whereas you are a mere dumbass plebe troll not adding anything.

Anything of value added to the thread you haven't even bothered reading and you're an annoying troll.

interesting debate between manifold and bass. Who is correct? I guess if bigotry and racism adds anything to a thread, then bass is right in that Bass adds to the thread.

interesting debate between manifold and bass. Who is correct? I guess if bigotry and racism adds anything to a thread, then bass is right in that Bass adds to the thread.

The burden of proof is on you to demonstrate bigotry and racism on the Bass' part, all you're doing is whining and making accusations about something that hasn't taken place.

The burden of proof is on you to demonstrate bigotry and racism on the Bass' part, all you're doing is whining and making accusations about something that hasn't taken place.

Perhaps your reputation precedes you on this one. :eusa_whistle:

Anything of value added to the thread you haven't even bothered reading and you're an annoying troll.

Want a tissue?

This is the Magnificent Bass you're talking to, punks like you and especially Gunny and RGS gey smacked up and cry because of the Bass, you OTOH need toilet tissue because you so full of s....just wipe your mouth when you're done.

Forum List

Back