HARSH REALITY: Police Are Not Highly Trained Firearms Experts

Buck111

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2016
On the big blue marble
Your safety and the safety of your loved ones depends entirely upon you and them, not the police.

It has happened again—still? New York City Police, in stopping a dangerous criminal—apparently legitimately—have also shot up the surrounding citizenry. It’s a problem I’ve repeatedly addressed, most recently in October of 2015’s Can The NYPD Ever Stop Shooting Innocents, which contains links to several related earlier articles. The New York Daily News reports an all-too-common narrative:

Your safety and the safety of your loved ones depends entirely upon you and them, not the police.

It has happened again—still? New York City Police, in stopping a dangerous criminal—apparently legitimately—have also shot up the surrounding citizenry. It’s a problem I’ve repeatedly addressed, most recently in October of 2015’s Can The NYPD Ever Stop Shooting Innocents, which contains links to several related earlier articles. The New York Daily News reports an all-too-common narrative:

No they are not. The technique they use in shooting is referred to as "Spray and Pray". The technique is easy. Just fire a lot of bullets in the general direction of the baddie and some are going to hit him.

Stockton police fired more than 600 rounds at SUV, attorney says

A review showed that many of the cops firing could not see the car the baddie was in, much less the baddie. But they fired and emptied their magazines anyway. I think they should be limited to one bullet, in their pocket not the gun.

Forum List

Back