Why are conservatives embracing false narratives of urban decline, and what can be done to encourage embracing social/political reality?

Because there is some truth to it and it highlights policy differences between the two sides.
But is embracing false narratives, making false claims, and insulting rather than debating the topic as so many here have chosen to do a good way to proceed in discussing this?
Things like defund the police cashless bail letting people shoplift $900.00 dollars worth of stuff before doing anything to them electing DA that won't proescute many crimes which these cities did to varying degrees helped cause the problems they have.
All good points.

But I think it's best to remain grounded in reality rather than a fantasy of decline/decay/chaos; then the actual issues can be better addressed.

Do you care to retort with statistics to rebut?
It's extraordinary isn't it?

When challenged with facts which counter their false narratives, mockery/denial of those facts appears to be the preferred response.

Rational debate is quite rare, but then again, how can people rationally defend irrational beliefs?

After you debunk all of this.
This response doesn't address the topic; can you address the topic?

Is this a common urban problem, or an exception?

You of course understand that all cities have issues, including places like Nashville and Memphis with their high murder rates.

But one cannot rationally use the example of a man biting a dog to conclude that there's an epidemic of men biting dogs everywhere.

But is embracing false narratives, making false claims, and insulting rather than debating the topic as so many here have chosen to do a good way to proceed in discussing this?
Very few here right or left want to discuss anything they just want to tell anyone they don't agree with there wrong about everything.
All good points.

But I think it's best to remain grounded in reality rather than a fantasy of decline/decay/chaos; then the actual issues can be better addressed.

In the case of Seattle, order has most certainly been restored.

This area was one I visited recently.

Are you sure you weren't confused about the city you claim to have visited?

Seattle violent crime hits 15-year high, and 4 more takeaways from new report​

Feb. 7, 2023 at 11:18 am Updated Feb. 7, 2023 at 7:14 pm

Evidence or link?

I simply observe this behavior.

Where?

Seattle is a magnificent, thriving city.
Opinions vary as to the cause of homelessness and why its worse in californis

But even libs have to admit that it is

Reasons like a lack of affordable housing are common on the left

But the most basic underlying cause is drug addiction

And San Fran and Seattle are two of the mist drug friendly places anywhere

Forum List

Back