Harry Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years

I think the answer is very obvious.

Either Mitt paid no taxes or he paid a ridiculously low net rate. No law being broken but it shows the difference between the haves and have nots.

By Sam Stein and Ryan Grim

WASHINGTON -- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) has what he says is an informed explanation for why Mitt Romney refuses to release additional tax returns. According a Bain investor, Reid charged, Romney didn't pay any taxes for 10 years.

In a wide-ranging interview with The Huffington Post from his office on Capitol Hill, Reid saved some of his toughest words for the presumptive Republican presidential nominee. Romney couldn't make it through a Senate confirmation process as a mere Cabinet nominee, the majority leader insisted, owing to the opaqueness of his personal finances.

More: Harry Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'

McCain passed on Romney for Vice President. Now we know why

:eusa_angel:

Intelligent people wouldn't 'know' from an anonymous source. You, however... well, you figure it out.

According to the article, Reid immediately said that he did not know whether it was true that Romney had not paid (income) taxes for ten years.

For my part, I'm skeptical. I know very little about how taxes work for someone like Romney, but my understanding is that for him to pay zero taxes he would have to claim losses for that year. How could he claim losses not once but ten times during a time period when he was apparently dramatically increasing his net worth?

ROFLMAO!!!!!

It would be so easy to disprove the tax issue by simply releasing his tax forms. He chooses not to.
I have the right to WONDER WHY!!!!

This is getting to be really funny and it will get funnier as we go along. One thing is for sure. It is not going way!

Come on all you rightwingers let's hear it for your candidate..........THE TAX DODGER!!

Either Mitt paid no taxes or he paid a ridiculously low net rate. No law being broken but it shows the difference between the haves and have nots.

You have to be "shown" the difference? Really? At your age?

According to the article, Reid immediately said that he did not know whether it was true that Romney had not paid (income) taxes for ten years.

For my part, I'm skeptical. I know very little about how taxes work for someone like Romney, but my understanding is that for him to pay zero taxes he would have to claim losses for that year. How could he claim losses not once but ten times during a time period when he was apparently dramatically increasing his net worth?

Does anyone honestly think that if the claim was true that the IRS wouldnt have thrown him in jail years ago?

ROFLMAO!!!!!

It would be so easy to disprove the tax issue by simply releasing his tax forms. He chooses not to.

This is getting to be really funny and it will get funnier as we go along. One thing is for sure. It is not going way!

Come on all you rightwingers let's hear it for your candidate..........THE TAX DODGER!!

Because he's being nagged by the pissants on the left. That's reason enough.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

it's easier to prove than that. Is he in jail for failing the pay taxes? Nope. Then it's a lie.

I dont know why you people are getting so desperate lately.

Quite true.....

But Mitt needs to embrace that he is fucking rich.Release returns and say....So what? You don't like it, become rich too and you won't have to pay taxes

Quite true.....

But Mitt needs to embrace that he is fucking rich.Release returns and say....So what? You don't like it, become rich too and you won't have to pay taxes

Obama needs to release his transcripts!

He doesn't "need" to do anything he doesn't want to really. It's called liberty.

He should embrace the fact that he's rich, then attribute it to hard work and opportunity that exists in America for anyone to succeed if they want to and are willing to work for it. Easy to parlay that into "and i want to make sure the government helps you along the way, not try to stand in your way and take more of the fruits of your labor under the guide of needing to make decisions for you."

Does anyone honestly think that if the claim was true that the IRS wouldnt have thrown him in jail years ago?

As I said, it seems implausible to me that Romney could have avoided paying income taxes for ten years (unless we're talking about in his youth) but I don't know enough about tax law to say that is impossible.

also know though Romney DEDUCTS from his taxes
The Romneys donated about 16.4 percent of their adjusted gross income of $42.5 million in the two-year period, according to their 2010 tax returns and an estimate for 2011 taxes.
TAMPA, Fla./WASHINGTON, Jan 24 (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney released tax records on Tuesday indicating he will pay $6.2 million in taxes on a total of $42.5 million in income over the years 2010 and 2011.

Bowing to increasing political pressure to provide more detail about his vast wealth, the former private equity executive released tax returns indicating he and his wife, Ann, paid an effective tax rate of 13.9 percent in 2010. They expect to pay a 15.4 percent

Mitt Romney's 1040 tax return for 2011 - Boston.com

By Sam Stein and Ryan Grim

WASHINGTON -- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) has what he says is an informed explanation for why Mitt Romney refuses to release additional tax returns. According a Bain investor, Reid charged, Romney didn't pay any taxes for 10 years.

In a wide-ranging interview with The Huffington Post from his office on Capitol Hill, Reid saved some of his toughest words for the presumptive Republican presidential nominee. Romney couldn't make it through a Senate confirmation process as a mere Cabinet nominee, the majority leader insisted, owing to the opaqueness of his personal finances.

More: Harry Reid: Bain Investor Told Me That Mitt Romney 'Didn't Pay Any Taxes For 10 Years'

Wow, I mean when the Leader of someones opposition Party Claims someone else told them something bad about The person, I think we should take it with a grain of salt lol

You right wingers just don'[t get it. It is not a question of legal it is a question of ethics. Here we have this guy who is worth a quarter billion dollars, who professes to be this super patriot and he cannot bring himself to pay any taxes? Not even a lousy 10%?

This not only looks super bad, it IS super bad that one could be so self centered and selfish as to be bitching about poor people while he sits on this immense pile of wealth and does nothing?

You know what that is? Hypocrisy writ large. I don't think even the GOP could stomach that.

You right wingers just don'[t get it. It is not a question of legal it is a question of ethics. Here we have this guy who is worth a quarter billion dollars, who professes to be this super patriot and he cannot bring himself to pay any taxes? Not even a lousy 10%?

This not only looks super bad, it IS super bad that one could be so self centered and selfish as to be bitching about poor people while he sits on this immense pile of wealth and does nothing?

You know what that is? Hypocrisy writ large. I don't think even the GOP could stomach that.

He paid his taxes. If he hadn't, He would be in jail. I don't know how to dumb this down any further.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

it's easier to prove than that. Is he in jail for failing the pay taxes? Nope. Then it's a lie.

I dont know why you people are getting so desperate lately
I can answer that for you. Obama's abysmal record forces him and his supporters to manufacture derogatory rumors and innuendos aimed at tearing down the opponent and making the opponent seem worse by comparison to that TOTALLY WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT, OBAMA!

It is really difficult for a goddamned Marxist to run for President in the USA. Obamaboy is learning that as we speak.

That's as plain and simple as I can put it today.

Forum List

Back